_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ULM Rebranding!

Default Re: ULM Rebranding!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    ULM will never move down to D-IAA. May be going bankrupt, Athletic Dept. just put 3 million on there track and field stadium, and ULM has had one of the top recruiting class in football last 2'years.

I am not scared but they are not moving down either.
    As far as recruiting for the last 2 years goes, we took their recruiting coordinator (Leger) fwiw

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I'm not talking about institutional support.
    I'm talking about athletic funding.
    So when does it happen?

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    So when does it happen?

So when does it happen?
    Depends on what we're talking about.
    I doubt the school itself will go bankrupt, but athletics being relegated or dropped all together is a real possibility in my opinion. We're running out of options, time and funds in this state. Something will have to be done sooner or later, and not to start up this debate again, but there are WAY too many 4 year colleges in this state.

Depends on what we're talking about.
    I doubt the school itself will go bankrupt, but athletics being relegated or dropped all together is a real possibility in my opinion. We're running out of options, time and funds in this state. Something will have to be done sooner or later, and not to start up this debate again, but there are WAY too many 4 year colleges in this state.
    Agree on the four year colleges, but what does that have to do with ULM being relegated or disbanded. This has already been tried in LA by UNO and they realized the error of their ways quickly and went back to D1. I know you want it to happen, but that does not mean it will. We should be more worried about beating them in football. There is a good chance they will be favored.

Agree on the four year colleges, but what does that have to do with ULM being relegated or disbanded. This has already been tried in LA by UNO and they realized the error of their ways quickly and went back to D1. I know you want it to happen, but that does not mean it will. We should be more worried about beating them in football. There is a good chance they will be favored.
    Why would I want ULM to go bankrupt? I don't care either way, and that's sincere. I think they have a fine campus and the pharmacy school is obviously an asset, but I give that school zero thought.

As far as football goes, by the time we meet, their season will be over and we will be trying to improve out bowl positioning. Book it.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Moving down in and of itself does little to move the finances. That has been proven by reviews done many years ago. Nor do I think they are going bankrupt anytime soon.

With that said a number of schools might face similar choices in the not so distant future and ULM trying to portray themselves as a "MAJOR" player across the board athletically or academically is a lost cause. They need to find a core that they are happy with and live with it. For their leadership that is a hard pill to swallow but the writing is on the wall. They did not give up the "Louisiana" fight without something else in mind. We might not be privy to it but I guarantee you that they have a plan. One that our administration will support. I don't have an issue with that. A number of years ago Northwestern was truly on the verge of shutting the doors. Today they are a viable campus. The key to their future is to realize who they are and what their mission is about. I believe their leadership gets that. If ULM does the same they could be in a good position....
    That's all fine and dandy. Without the SBC, they will have no choice in the matter. They are going back to the SLC.

Why would I want ULM to go bankrupt? I don't care either way, and that's sincere. I think they have a fine campus and the pharmacy school is obviously an asset, but I give that school zero thought.

As far as football goes, by the time we meet, their season will be over and we will be trying to improve out bowl positioning. Book it.
    Kiss of death. Thanks for jinxing the season.

Kiss of death. Thanks for jinxing the season.
    You'll be watching LSUA&MBR anyway... No sweat off of your back

So you give zero thought to ULM, but you have formulated opinions on them and what is going to happen in the future. Strange

So you give zero thought to ULM, but you have formulated opinions on them and what is going to happen in the future. Strange
    I don't have to be ULM a buff to understand their financial situation and hierarchy within the state.

I don't have to be ULM a buff to understand their financial situation and hierarchy within the state.
    Dude, you just rattled off about their school and athletic department. You probably know more about ULM than 90% of LA citizens. Is it common to know a bunch of facts about an institution but never give it any thought?

Anyway, in your thoughtless opinion, when will they move down to FCS?

Dude, you just rattled off about their school and athletic department. You probably know more about ULM than 90% of LA citizens. Is it common to know a bunch of facts about an institution but never give it any thought?

You have to make up your mind Metry.
    One day, I'm a know nothing, always wrong reprobate. The next, I know everything about ULM and LSU and every other school in this state.

Can't have it both ways Tiggah boy.

I know you know nothing on ULM. Just wanted you to say it. It's been fun, but I got to sign out. Coach O is signing crawfish trays at The Rouses on Vets. You want one?

Blog Entries

If they are going bankrupt, the school will bail them out and mandate they cut their budget. Because of geography they stand a good chance of staying FBS. I do hope we can move away from them when realignment comes.
    Geography has nothing to do with replacing the transfer funds allowed by the state to athletics. There will be none allowed period soon. They will have to go before the UL System Board to ask for additional Auxiliary Fees to maintain present levels of funding for athletics. I don't see that happening anytime soon. They will not have any choice in the matter at some point, there will be no funds available from the state.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Geography has nothing to do with replacing the transfer funds allowed by the state to athletics. There will be none allowed period soon. They will have to go before the UL System Board to ask for additional Auxiliary Fees to maintain present levels of funding for athletics. I don't see that happening anytime soon. They will not have any choice in the matter at some point, there will be no funds available from the state.
    I have not followed the closing of the athletic funds transfer. Is that going to happen or is it just a threat.

Blog Entries

I have not followed the closing of the athletic funds transfer. Is that going to happen or is it just a threat.
    It's coming soon. That is why Dr. Savoy has positioned us to move on without them. I was a critic of not taking the full amount when we could, but he decided to move forward before the official cuts come from the state.

I know you know nothing on ULM. Just wanted you to say it. It's been fun, but I got to sign out. Coach O is signing crawfish trays at The Rouses on Vets. You want one?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    It's coming soon. That is why Dr. Savoy has positioned us to move on without them. I was a critic of not taking the full amount when we could, but he decided to move forward before the official cuts come from the state.
    This will be fascinating on how it plays out. Don't be surprised if all the schools not named LSU band together to save the allotment. People talk about ULM hurting, but others are far worse off. I bet it they come up with a reduced amount where everyone can survive. It is the way we do thing in this state.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast