_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ULM Rebranding!

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: ULM Rebranding!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    they beat us last year in recruiting but not this year, but those rankings 100 vs 102 is nothing to be proud of

"3. Think y'all are being delusional if you think they are moving down" ....See Idaho
    Idaho had to move down because of geography. Not the case for ULM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Agree they are not moving down. However, recruiting rankings don't mean much at our level. Our rankings were also not adjusted for our signings which occurred several weeks after NSD. Those will make our DL much stronger.
    Exactly right Mike, recruiting rankings doesn't have anything to do with finding additional revenues required to grow their athletic budget and maintain FBS status. Re-branding their athletic program doesn't mean that they will be able to raise additional funds once the state funds have dried up. This person doesn't sound like he is aware of the fact that ULM just might find itself in the FCS playing football before 5 years.

That looks terrible. Almost amaturish, like some fan did that.

I don't know why they'd stray away from the hawk's head which, I must confess, is one of the best things they've done.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

The SBC will not be around in 3 years.

ULM will not have a home in FBS.

They will go back to the SLC. That helmet logo is a harbinger of their future.

Nice helmet. I could see their old alums liking it.
    Not sure where this moving down talk comes from. They are not planning to move down and they are not going bankrupt. Their future is not as bright as ours, but in the present they have just as talented a football team as we have. We need to beat them this year.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Nice helmet. I could see their old alums liking it.
    Not sure where this moving down talk comes from. They are not planning to move down and they are not going bankrupt. Their future is not as bright as ours, but in the present they have just as talented a football team as we have. We need to beat them this year.
    I'm hearing their finances are way worse than most realize.

I'm also very confident in saying that there will not be an FBS home for them in the near future. They won't have a choice, but to go crawling back to the SLC.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

I'm also very confident in saying that there will not be an FBS home for them in the near future. They won't have a choice, but to go crawling back to the SLC.
    If they are going bankrupt, the school will bail them out and mandate they cut their budget. Because of geography they stand a good chance of staying FBS. I do hope we can move away from them when realignment comes.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

What are we banking on a merger between CUSA and SBC, or the fact that some members are leaving CUSA, and the Sunbelt will be picked over?

Obviously y'all got some inside info. From my observations they are not moving down unless forced.

If they are going bankrupt, the school will bail them out and mandate they cut their budget. Because of geography they stand a good chance of staying FBS. I do hope we can move away from them when realignment comes.
    the school will bail them out with what money their endowment is only 23 mill

And how exactly will the school "bail them out"...

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    ULM has been on shoe string budget, but they are not going bankrupt because they are doing facility improvements, and whether y'all do realize this they do have big money donors that do give to the university, I gotta say from the outside looking in, it doesn't look like they are going bankrupt

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    ULM has been on shoe string budget, but they are not going bankrupt because they are doing facility improvements, and whether y'all do realize this they do have big money donors that do give to the university, I gotta say from the outside looking in, it doesn't look like they are going bankrupt
    Facility improvements has nothing to do with the financial health of the athletic program.
    Also, they may have big money donors, but those donors can not sustain an FBS program by themselves. Go ahead and check to see what percentage of their budget is provided by the state of LA. Like Lanny said, the endowment is tiny.

Btw, academic brass and athletic brass do not work hand in hand like some think. In fact, in most cases, it's the opposite.

By getting donors to give money and move discretionary cash around. They are not going bankrupt unless all avenues are exhausted.

Facility improvements has nothing to do with the financial health of the athletic program.
    Also, they may have big money donors, but those donors can not sustain an FBS program by themselves. Go ahead and check to see what percentage of their budget is provided by the state of LA. Like Lanny said, the endowment is tiny.

Btw, academic brass and athletic brass do not work hand in hand like some think. In fact, in most cases, it's the opposite.
    Direct institutional support:
    40.9% Louisiana
    41.4% ULM

I've been hearing these doomsday scenarios about ULM for over a decade. ULM might be the 3rd thing to survive a nuclear holocaust (after roaches and twinkies) since they have survived this long.

By getting donors to give money and move discretionary cash around. They are not going bankrupt unless all avenues are exhausted.
    The main problem with ULM is Monroe the city & surrounding areas do not embrace the school. I worked up there for 4 years the only time i heard someone going to a sporting event was because his cousin was getting recognized at the game for having one of the best rice harvests in the area

This picture is all you need to know about the city and Univ relationship
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Still doesn't mean they are going bankrupt and moving down. They will continue to tread water like they always have. We have finally put some financial separation between us, now it is time to separate on the Gridiron. Hopefully we can get a decisive win against them this year.

Still doesn't mean they are going bankrupt and moving down. They will continue to tread water like they always have. We have finally put some financial separation between us, now it is time to separate on the Gridiron. Hopefully we can get a decisive win against them this year.

Moving down in and of itself does little to move the finances. That has been proven by reviews done many years ago. Nor do I think they are going bankrupt anytime soon.

With that said a number of schools might face similar choices in the not so distant future and ULM trying to portray themselves as a "MAJOR" player across the board athletically or academically is a lost cause. They need to find a core that they are happy with and live with it. For their leadership that is a hard pill to swallow but the writing is on the wall. They did not give up the "Louisiana" fight without something else in mind. We might not be privy to it but I guarantee you that they have a plan. One that our administration will support. I don't have an issue with that. A number of years ago Northwestern was truly on the verge of shutting the doors. Today they are a viable campus. The key to their future is to realize who they are and what their mission is about. I believe their leadership gets that. If ULM does the same they could be in a good position.

From our perspective....... go back a decade ago and at least certain segments of UNO, ULM, McNeese, and LaTech were screaming from the rooftops that they were "it" and the next best University behind LSU or at least with the right support they could be.

Today..... LaTech is the only one left standing.....

By the way....... ________ Tech!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Moving down in and of itself does little to move the finances. That has been proven by reviews done many years ago. Nor do I think they are going bankrupt anytime soon.

With that said a number of schools might face similar choices in the not so distant future and ULM trying to portray themselves as a "MAJOR" player across the board athletically or academically is a lost cause. They need to find a core that they are happy with and live with it. For their leadership that is a hard pill to swallow but the writing is on the wall. They did not give up the "Louisiana" fight without something else in mind. We might not be privy to it but I guarantee you that they have a plan. One that our administration will support. I don't have an issue with that. A number of years ago Northwestern was truly on the verge of shutting the doors. Today they are a viable campus. The key to their future is to realize who they are and what their mission is about. I believe their leadership gets that. If ULM does the same they could be in a good position.

From our perspective....... go back a decade ago and at least certain segments of UNO, ULM, McNeese, and LaTech were screaming from the rooftops that they were "it" and the next best University behind LSU or at least with the right support they could be.

Today..... LaTech is the only one left standing.....

By the way....... ________ Tech!!!!!
    Say what you want about Tjoe but the man has put us in a position to succeed

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Direct institutional support:
    40.9% Louisiana
    41.4% ULM

I've been hearing these doomsday scenarios about ULM for over a decade. ULM might be the 3rd thing to survive a nuclear holocaust (after roaches and twinkies) since they have survived this long.
    I'm not talking about institutional support.
    I'm talking about athletic funding.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast