_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: OT: Dustin Poirier is a BADDDD man

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    297

    Default OT: Dustin Poirier is a BADDDD man

    Dustin Poirier finished his fight inside the distance this evening. I believe this is something special for this area if he is able to reach his ultimate goal.

    Even bigger than DC winning imo because of Dustin having more of a presence in this area.


  2. #2
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,390

    Default Re: OT: Dustin Poirier is a BADDDD man

    Unbelievable fight. He had to dig deep and found a way to take a really durable guy out of there


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    704

    Louisiana Re: OT: Dustin Poirier is a BADDDD man

    Poirier was doing good until the pos poked him in the eye ,not once , but twice, and both times looked blatant. Lesser man would have gone out quiet but he got mad and kept fighting until the victorious end. I loved the fact the announcers kept saying he was from LA. and then at the end confirmed he was a Lafayette native. I have watched very little UFC, but glad I happened to catch this one.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: OT: Dustin Poirier is a BADDDD man

    Gaethje might have brain damage after that fight.. Hope Dustin gets a title shot


  5. #5
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,079
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: OT: Dustin Poirier is a BADDDD man

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Gaethje might have brain damage after that fight.. Hope Dustin gets a title shot
    Justin is going to have long term brain damage issues. I hope Dana gives Dustin the next Khabib fight. Khabib/Conor is brewing to be huge. But that will take time - with Conor's trouble. I'm not sure where Dustin stands now against Tony Ferguson in the rankings... or how long Tony is out. I want Dustin to get another crack at Conor... and be the one to KO Conor. I'd love it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,415

    Default Re: OT: Dustin Poirier is a BADDDD man

    Gaethje always moves forward. He was attacking with that low kick. Looks like porrier's strategy was to counter off of that kick. He finally caught him flush right after absorbing another of those kicks...takes a tough man to execute that strategy. I think Gaethje will need to modify his super aggressive headlong strategy now that he's fighting higher level guys with serious pop.


  7. Default Dustin Poirier calls for title shot after epic UFC clash

    Lightweight Dustin Poirier was on crutches when he sat down in front of reporters after a “Fight of the Year” contender against Justin Gaethje at UFC




  8. #8
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,079
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: OT: Dustin Poirier is a BADDDD man

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Gaethje always moves forward. He was attacking with that low kick. Looks like porrier's strategy was to counter off of that kick. He finally caught him flush right after absorbing another of those kicks...takes a tough man to execute that strategy. I think Gaethje will need to modify his super aggressive headlong strategy now that he's fighting higher level guys with serious pop.
    Gaethje isn't going to change styles. He's a nut. He just wants to bang. Claims he's fighting 5 more fights and he's out. Says he never cares if he wins/loses - just wants to throw down in the cage.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,415

    Default Re: OT: Dustin Poirier is a BADDDD man

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Gaethje isn't going to change styles. He's a nut. He just wants to bang. Claims he's fighting 5 more fights and he's out. Says he never cares if he wins/loses - just wants to throw down in the cage.
    Makes for a fun fight to watch but, damn dude, think of the brain cells.....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    704

    Default Re: OT: Dustin Poirier is a BADDDD man

    If his best move is poking people in the eye when he gets behind, someone will break all his fingers soon.


  11. #11
    Frenchie35's Avatar
    Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,369

    Default Re: OT: Dustin Poirier is a BADDDD man


  12. #12
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,079
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: OT: Dustin Poirier is a BADDDD man

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Makes for a fun fight to watch but, damn dude, think of the brain cells.....
    No doubt. Some guys like Justin are too tough for their own good. He takes a lot of head shots. It isn't good. He's announced he'll only fight 5 more fights. He just wants the money. He's a good young man. He's taking his money and committed to doing social work. I hope he didn't and won't sustain brain trauma that costs him a long happy life.

  13. #13
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,079
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: OT: Dustin Poirier is a BADDDD man

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    If his best move is poking people in the eye when he gets behind, someone will break all his fingers soon.
    A lot of guys stick their hands out to block punches and they poke eyes... quite easily... with the open gloves. It isn't intentional with most. And if you've ever put gloves on and gotten banged around, whatever you do on instinct is hard to stop. There are guys that fight dirty. I don't think Justin does.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    A lot of guys stick their hands out to block punches and they poke eyes... quite easily... with the open gloves. It isn't intentional with most. And if you've ever put gloves on and gotten banged around, whatever you do on instinct is hard to stop. There are guys that fight dirty. I don't think Justin does.
    I agree, it was blatant but I don't think intentional. Those two guys were seriously throwing hands, ____ happens.

  15. #15
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,079
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: OT: Dustin Poirier is a BADDDD man

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    I agree, it was blatant but I don't think intentional. Those two guys were seriously throwing hands, ____ happens.
    Agree. And when you poke guys in the eye... you have to get point deductions. Many a fight is won by a guy that poked his opponent in the eye, caused it to swell shut, and partially blinded him on that side. There's enough crap going haywire in there to be blinded. The hell cage fighters go through is not for sissies.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,801

    Default Re: OT: Dustin Poirier is a BADDDD man

    I don't see Dustin getting next crack at Khabib. They'll either set up super fight with Conor or make Dustin fight Eddie againa and winner would get title shot. I have a tough time seeing Dustin beating either Conor or Khabib but anything can happen.


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    704

    Default Re: OT: Dustin Poirier is a BADDDD man

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    A lot of guys stick their hands out to block punches and they poke eyes... quite easily... with the open gloves. It isn't intentional with most. And if you've ever put gloves on and gotten banged around, whatever you do on instinct is hard to stop. There are guys that fight dirty. I don't think Justin does.
    I think you misunderstood. Gotse pokes Justin in eye when Justin was gaining control of bout and received a warning. In next round or 2, Gotse pokes him again in the other eye in what looked like a right jab and loses a point. Poirrier was seeing red out of both eyes. Justin poked Gotse in the eye at the end of a round and I do not know if it was intentional or not, but justified regardless.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,392

    Default Re: OT: Dustin Poirier is a BADDDD man

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    I think you misunderstood. Gotse pokes Justin in eye when Justin was gaining control of bout and received a warning. In next round or 2, Gotse pokes him again in the other eye in what looked like a right jab and loses a point. Poirrier was seeing red out of both eyes. Justin poked Gotse in the eye at the end of a round and I do not know if it was intentional or not, but justified regardless.
    Nobody misunderstood. You insinuated that it was done intentionally. J1M mentioned, and I agree, that we don't feel they were intentional at all. Guys often keep their hands open until they go to punch. He did both of them not while punching but pushing Poirrier away and measuring distance. Neither of the 3 were intentional IMO but if either was it was actually Poirriers as he was tired of the pokes and possibly did it as a retaliation although I'm not sure that's the case.

    All in all it was a great fight and will be a FOY candidate. I don't know how much more Poirier's leg could have taken though. Good thing he finished him when he did. Couldn't even walk out of the cage by himself.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,392

    Default Re: OT: Dustin Poirier is a BADDDD man

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    I think you misunderstood. Gotse pokes Justin in eye when Justin was gaining control of bout and received a warning. In next round or 2, Gotse pokes him again in the other eye in what looked like a right jab and loses a point. Poirrier was seeing red out of both eyes. Justin poked Gotse in the eye at the end of a round and I do not know if it was intentional or not, but justified regardless.
    An eye poke is never justified.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,415

    Default Re: OT: Dustin Poirier is a BADDDD man


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •