_ _ _ _
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: BB G2 Final: Lousiana 5 App St 4

Default Re: GameOn: Lousiana at App St (Game 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    The 0.150 hitting first baseman plays because of his glove. Seems to me that the coaching staff knows they will struggle at the plate no matter the lineup. Therefore they play the strongest defensive lineup. Amazing this team has won 8 of 9 and has a winning record despite the bat problems. Win Game 3 here and we will have a winning conference record as well as overall. As recently as 2 weeks ago I doubted that was possible anytime this season.
    Amazing is an accurate adjective. 1B and 3B are positions where you normally want a strong bat, but there are zero good hitters on this team so you play your best fielders. Not sure how Robe is holding this thing together.

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Amazing is an accurate adjective. 1B and 3B are positions where you normally want a strong bat, but there are zero good hitters on this team so you play your best fielders. Not sure how Robe is holding this thing together.
    Papier-mâché

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    You stole my line
    If it's any consolation, you can have it back. But it is sticky now

Pitching, defense, and timely hitting

Dad04 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I would say hitters 3 through 9 and every hitter on the bench needs to step up. How the hell can you have a first baseman hitting $1.50?
    As Robe says, "It is what it is." This team lives and dies with pitching and D.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    We have just won 6 of 7. Any other players you would like to trash today before we get started with the double header?

At this time, that is 3 players in two posts. C'mon man!!!!!
    Dude, I am certainly not trashing players. In those 7 previous games you mentioned, we were less than +1.3rpg with ZERO help from the bottom of the lineup. That is a razor thin margin. (and two extra innings games). Stover was 3 for 20 in that stretch with 2 rbi and McKinnon 2 for 24 with 0 rbi. First base is not typically a position to give up a stick for a glove. I was simply looking for options to shore up the bottom of the lineup. Lott/Loch getting ABs may help, or giving McKinnon a break to let his legs rest. I am happy the bottom 3 hit much better in the DH though, but I still think the bottom of the lineup can be improved.

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    Dude, I am certainly not trashing players. In those 7 previous games you mentioned, we were less than +1.3rpg with ZERO help from the bottom of the lineup. That is a razor thin margin. (and two extra innings games). Stover was 3 for 20 in that stretch with 2 rbi and McKinnon 2 for 24 with 0 rbi. First base is not typically a position to give up a stick for a glove. I was simply looking for options to shore up the bottom of the lineup. Lott/Loch getting ABs may help, or giving McKinnon a break to let his legs rest. I am happy the bottom 3 hit much better in the DH though, but I still think the bottom of the lineup can be improved.
    Ok

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8