Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 152

Thread: SB Series: Louisiana 2, TXST 1

  1. #101
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,820

    Default Re: New game times for Softball vs TXST

    We've got great program. We've got great players, and looks like our coaching four leaf clover is still growing.


  2. #102
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,008

    Default Re: New game times for Softball vs TXST

    And 43 consecutive conference series wins. Try putting that into perspective. The last time we lost a conference series was in 2013.


  3. #103
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    breaux bridge
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: New game times for Softball vs TXST

    I guess they are at work today, but I've been waiting for the Glasco critics to let us know how many times he almost cost us the game...


  4. #104
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,964
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: New game times for Softball vs TXST

    Great series win. Beat a good team. Keep it rolling, seems like the bats are getting better and better and the illegal substitution issues appear to be resolved. GEAUX CAJUNS


  5. #105
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,563

    Default Re: New game times for Softball vs TXST

    Quote Originally Posted by ninacajun View Post
    I guess they are at work today, but I've been waiting for the Glasco critics to let us know how many times he almost cost us the game...
    Not a Glasco criticism but a team observation. I sure wish we could find a dependable DH. This constant search is discouraging. I wish one of the ladies would step up.

    BTW, I was there today and every home game.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    757

    Default Re: New game times for Softball vs TXST

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Not a Glasco criticism but a team observation. I sure wish we could find a dependable DH. This constant search is discouraging. I wish one of the ladies would step up.

    BTW, I was there today and every home game.
    Looks like we having somewhat of a difficult time DH'ing for production at both SB and BB. Oh well, at least things are generally going well in the W column for both right now.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Not a Glasco criticism but a team observation. I sure wish we could find a dependable DH. This constant search is discouraging. I wish one of the ladies would step up.

    BTW, I was there today and every home game.
    I was told by a very reliable source, Carrie Boswell can hit and has been in the batting cages and is hitting against live pitching. Not saying she will. Just saying it may be an option.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    breaux bridge
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Not a Glasco criticism but a team observation. I sure wish we could find a dependable DH. This constant search is discouraging. I wish one of the ladies would step up.

    BTW, I was there today and every home game.
    Not sure how the last part is relevant, but congratulations on your perfect attendance!

  9. #109
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: SB Series: Louisiana 2, TXST 1

    Quote Originally Posted by ninacajun View Post
    Not sure how the last part is relevant, but congratulations on your perfect attendance!
    I think he's making a distinction between being a high supporting fan that might make an observation that sounds critical... and some of the folks that want Galsco to fail. As it stands in my book right now, anyone that wished our program to become a shadow of its former self, is sorely disappointed. I wish there was a symbol that appeared next to those RP posters (the new softball program haters)... so that our RP forum flyswatters would know who to swat and who not to swat. But for those who still love the program and just make comments (not always high praise - just reality as they see it) shouldn't be given grief.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    771

    Default Re: New game times for Softball vs TXST

    Quote Originally Posted by ninacajun View Post
    I guess they are at work today, but I've been waiting for the Glasco critics to let us know how many times he almost cost us the game...
    I'm not a critic but as a fan its is my right to complain when I don't like something that is what fans do. But if I'm reading you correctly you have never come on this fan board and complain about anything. Don't mistake our criticism for not being loyal to the program.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    breaux bridge
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I'm not a critic but as a fan its is my right to complain when I don't like something that is what fans do. But if I'm reading you correctly you have never come on this fan board and complain about anything. Don't mistake our criticism for not being loyal to the program.
    Not questioning anybody's loyalty. I was just making an observation. I rarely post at all but read everything, and there have been a few who only point out faults when mistakes happen and rarely give praise when it is deserved. I probably should have said nothing, which is normal for me, but I decided to get a shot in. Glad to see the Cajuns win, as always, and hope it can continue.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    breaux bridge
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I think he's making a distinction between being a high supporting fan that might make an observation that sounds critical... and some of the folks that want Galsco to fail. As it stands in my book right now, anyone that wished our program to become a shadow of its former self, is sorely disappointed. I wish there was a symbol that appeared next to those RP posters (the new softball program haters)... so that our RP forum flyswatters would know who to swat and who not to swat. But for those who still love the program and just make comments (not always high praise - just reality as they see it) shouldn't be given grief.
    You're right and I should have said nothing. It was not meant for honest critics, of which there or many, but for the few who seem to only see the mistakes he makes. Always enjoy reading your posts, btw.

  13. #113
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    15,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: SB Series: Louisiana 2, TXST 1

    Quote Originally Posted by ninacajun View Post
    You're right and I should have said nothing. It was not meant for honest critics, of which there or many, but for the few who seem to only see the mistakes he makes. Always enjoy reading your posts, btw.
    Thanks. But please keep posting. I like reading everyone's take on things. And I enjoy reading your posts.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    655

    Default Re: New game times for Softball vs TXST

    Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Could've had the sweep if we just had one or two breaks in that first game where we outplayed them for the most part but it's a great series win and bodes well for the conference tournament. Even with the difference in games played it will be tough to catch them regular season now but we'll be confident we can get it done when we meet again.
    Other than Rupp and the 1st baseman who hit 2 home runs, the rest of their team is not impressive at all.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    5,106

    Default Re: New game times for Softball vs TXST

    Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Other than Rupp and the 1st baseman who hit 2 home runs, the rest of their team is not impressive at all.
    Ariel Ortiz is a player.

    They are a legitimate Top 30 team.

    Brian

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    655

    Default Re: New game times for Softball vs TXST

    Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Ariel Ortiz is a player.

    They are a legitimate Top 30 team.

    Brian
    I'm sure they are. Just judging by what I saw the last couple of days.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    5,106

    Default Re: New game times for Softball vs TXST

    Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    I'm sure they are. Just judging by what I saw the last couple of days.
    That is not much to go on. And to say that Texas State only has two players, well ...

    Brian

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,893

    Default Re: New game times for Softball vs TXST

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I'm not a critic but as a fan its is my right to complain when I don't like something that is what fans do. But if I'm reading you correctly you have never come on this fan board and complain about anything. Don't mistake our criticism for not being loyal to the program.
    IMO, complaints and criticism are two different things. I guess you have a "right" to complain all you want although I don't look at that as a right for myself necessarily. I find that people learn and grow more from criticism than just straight complaining though.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Carencro, LA
    Posts
    740

    Default Re: New game times for Softball vs TXST

    Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    I'm sure they are. Just judging by what I saw the last couple of days.
    That lack of perceived talent may also have something to do with how well the Cajuns played over that time too. We had three outstanding pitching performances, they would have made a lot of teams look sub-par this weekend.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    392

    Default Re: SB Series: Louisiana 2, TXST 1

    The win yesterday was big.

    We've pretty much owned Texas State in softball. Despite the fact they are in first place, yesterday showed

    1. We can beat Rupp.
    2. We won the series against them
    3. The SBC Tournament Title comes through Lafayette, figuratively and literally.

    We got a big psychological advantage yesterday.


Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •