Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 150

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 4, SeLa 3

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,785

    Default Re: GameOn: Louisiana vs SeLa

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    That's clearly MAT on the left... but is that GeauxLouisiana on the right?
    That geauxlouisiana is so hot right now

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    This is Roy D Mercer...How Big a boy are ya?...
    Big enough to stand up for a young man who's giving is all every night out for our university. I don't care who's doing it. It needs to stop.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    This is an easy bet. I'm taking the under.
    The only way you cash that ticket is if you are Topham. That dude refers to his coaching days 2-3 times per half inning.

    Let's come up with an agreed upon line and lay down some skrilla? You in??

    But you can't actually be Topham, obviously. (And if you are, I'm shocked we haven't argued more.)

  4. #124
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The only way you cash that ticket is if you are Topham. That dude refers to his coaching days 2-3 times per half inning.

    Let's come up with an agreed upon line and lay down some skrilla? You in??

    But you can't actually be Topham, obviously. (And if you are, I'm shocked we haven't argued more.)
    This applies to the game only on Friday, April 13, correct?

    PS definitely not Topham.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    This applies to the game only on Friday, April 13, correct?

    PS definitely not Topham.
    Well Topham won't be present for that game.
    Goes for next home broadcast. Or a Mon-Thur aggregate of his show 😂

  6. #126
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Well Topham won't be present for that game.
    Goes for next home broadcast. Or a Mon-Thur aggregate of his show 😂
    Damn, almost had him!

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Big enough to stand up for a young man who's giving is all every night out for our university. I don't care who's doing it. It needs to stop.
    Well...I may be liable to come down there and open up a 55 gallon can of whoop @$$...

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Flagship-Land
    Posts
    684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Damn, almost had him!
    Mat almost getting played. Priceless.

    In my opinion, Topham adds a lot to the broadcast. At least, it's better than the dead air. He sounds like he knows what he's talking about, but then again, I know surface level baseball stuff.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    394

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 4, SeLa 3

    I would hope if we have a fan harassing one of our own players, that someone close by would remind him that isn't an acceptable way to vent frustration. Failing that, a well placed comment to security might take care of that as well.

    Jumping on the guys on the field is a no no. And, there's an announcement before every game about it.


  10. #130
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,895

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 4, SeLa 3

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Never OK to trash our players. Them's fighting words. It's never a player's fault if he's not up to the challenge. It's the coaches responsibility to make sure he's got enough players with the appropriate skill levels to successfully compete.

    In a rare case a player doesn't prepare properly, but that's on the coach to make sure that player doesn't compete.

    Even though those are fighting words, we can't succumb to mob rule. Guess we need to shun those non fans.
    You going to blame the coach for the local economy and our education system as well? Might as well while you're at it.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,785

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 4, SeLa 3

    Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    Mat almost getting played. Priceless.

    In my opinion, Topham adds a lot to the broadcast. At least, it's better than the dead air. He sounds like he knows what he's talking about, but then again, I know surface level baseball stuff.
    Topham was coaching when I was in high school. Played against his teams numerous times. I always had a lot of respect for him. He was a good coach and knew the game.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,477

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 4, SeLa 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    It sucks to hear one of our fans heckling a player. I've heard this at our football games. In fact, many years ago, a guy near us starting loud mouthing about one of our players (not where the players could hear)... but a woman in our section stood up and told him to STFU... we laughed. She looked so mean... he STFU. Women can usually more effectively confront a loud jackass guy easier than another guy.

    I don't see posting on here about our athletes as anywhere close to doing it "at them in hearing range during a game". But I do wish some posters would chill out on here when it comes to slamming an athlete by name. You can vent with generalizations without scorching a student-athlete.
    I'm on the side I paid for it so I say what the ____ I want about it especially about coaches making stupid decisions

    and Gary Haynes during every special team play he was involved in

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Im on the side I paid for it so I say what the ____ I want about it especially about coaches making stupid decisions
    Well you better stand by that when I come down there and whoop your @$$...

    Roy Mercer

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Topham was coaching when I was in high school. Played against his teams numerous times. I always had a lot of respect for him. He was a good coach and knew the game.
    Brandel Chamblee knows golf as well as anyone out there. And he's still annoying AF. Same for Jonny Miller.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,785

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 4, SeLa 3

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Brandel Chamblee knows golf as well as anyone out there. And he's still annoying AF. Same for Jonny Miller.
    Personal preference, but I prefer Top over Jeff on the broadcast. Now to be fair, I don't listen as much for home games because I am typically there.

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Personal preference, but I prefer Top over Jeff on the broadcast. Now to be fair, I don't listen as much for home games because I am typically there.
    Overall, Top is fine. Really I'm making it sound worse than it is. He does a decent job.

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    760

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 4, SeLa 3

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Overall, Top is fine. Really I'm making it sound worse than it is. He does a decent job.
    So, is he back on Top again?

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,477

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 4, SeLa 3

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Well you better stand by that when I come down there and whoop your @$$...

    Roy Mercer
    You aint got the balls to say anything

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    You aint got the balls to say anything
    Better pack a lunch...

    Roy D Mercer

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Better pack a lunch...

    Roy D Mercer
    Boys, boys, boys, let's keep this sophisticated.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •