_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jacob Norman and Hayden erbe

Default Re: Jacob Norman and Hayden erbe

I think 8th grade. All-star game. Not sure if that was the first time he was injured but it was pretty bad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pasbon View Post
    I think 8th grade. All-star game. Not sure if that was the first time he was injured but it was pretty bad.
    Thanks, didn't know the history beyond HS.

Norman was warming up in the pen tonight. If we had gone past 12 we'd have seen him, I think.

On the pregame interview Jay had with Robe last night, Robe mentioned Norman was available but was a "rough arm", which I took to mean, Robe doesn't think Norman is effective enough to trust to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    On the pregame interview Jay had with Robe last night, Robe mentioned Norman was available but was a "rough arm", which I took to mean, Robe doesn't think Norman is effective enough to trust to play.

Kind of looked like the same feelings were had about Leaumont early on. He has put together two really good outings of late, which if that continues, it will be another reliable arm in the pen for the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Kind of looked like the same feelings were had about Leaumont early on. He has put together two really good outings of late, which if that continues, it will be another reliable arm in the pen for the stretch.
    I have been really impressed with what Leaumont has done this week. Watching especially on the TV broadcast, he hits his spots and location almost every single pitch. His fastball appears to have little movement and is not overpowering, but because he is locating it on a dime, he has been successful. Breaking ball has good depth too.

It kind of says a lot Robe has gone with Leaumont, who is a freshman with an ERA of almost 50, over Norman. This is assuming Norman is not dealing with injury, of course.

His cutter is effective. So say he picked up that pitch this week. And from the looks of it...it's good. His velo is good for a freshman. And he's stayed at the bottom of the zone for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    It kind of says a lot Robe has gone with Leaumont, who is a freshman with an ERA of almost 50, over Norman. This is assuming Norman is not dealing with injury, of course.
    That ERA is a little misleading. Until this week he had seen very limited action. He faced two batters in one of the South Al. games and gave up one hit. It was a situational spot late in the game and he was pulled for a left handed pitcher.

All the damage was done late in the game against Arkansas State when we were already down a bunch of runs. He did everything wrong and ended up giving up 5 runs and only got one batter out. Thus an ERA well over 100. So statistically at least there just isn't enough info to make a judgement.

Certainly liked what I saw him do in the past couple of games. Would be nice to see him continue to build his confidence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2