_ _ _ _
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 12, McNeese 10

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: McNeese vs Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Here are some things that were not ugly.

We had a freshman who wasn't slated to pitch come in in an emergency and strike out the side in the ninth. His ERA when he came in was 65.00

This team, which never walks, was patient at the plate and got ten free passes and a hit batsman.

We actually got some hits with men in scoring position.

Todd Lott had a big time at bat in a crucial situation.

We, once again, played errorless baseball. This team is really good defensively.

Zach Lafleur is coming around. That's one less hole in the lineup. He had 4 RBI last night.

We stole eight bases in nine attempts.

We turned a triple play.

Because of the negatives we needed all of that to get a win.

But we got it because we did a lot of things right.
    Yes indeed. But I think the game was viewed as an "ugly game" mainly because of an inning or two of clown ball. Our pitching tanking to give up a parade of mashed balls for a serious crooked number of runs... right behind us having 3 men on base with no outs... managing to only score a single run.
    Then we come back on the heels of McNeese fielding errors (mostly). The majority of the scoring was on bad pitching and fielding errors (on McNeese). The reality of it is... we lose this game if McNeese fielded the ball cleanly (like we did). Those were unforced errors. When I'm savoring a victory... it tastes a little flat knowing the win came mostly due to the other guy collapsing.

There were positives... and that's good to note for sure. Our team needs Ws however they come. And they need to find some mojo. So... if a sloppy win gets us another W... and it helps the team get an ounce of mojo... I'm good with it ugly or not.

Blog Entries

Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 12, McNeese 10

Quote Originally Posted by CajunIke View Post
    I always read and appreciate your posts as I feel you are level headed, accurate, and funny on most subjects. But don't get your thong in a bunch on me. I'm a man like you, I get sandwiches made for me.
    Loosen up CajunIke... I couldn't tell from your posts if it was actually CajunIke or CajunTina. You Turners were a little bent last night. Now go tell Tina to make us a sandwich. I want extra mustard on mine.

I think we are at the point of the season where it doesn't matter how you do it as long as you do it. A win is a win anyway u dice it. Gotta flush that ugly win and move on from it. Tonight will be a challenge.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    I think we are at the point of the season where it doesn't matter how you do it as long as you do it. A win is a win anyway u dice it. Gotta flush that ugly win and move on from it. Tonight will be a challenge.
    In reality, this year has but one mission left on the list. Getting midweek Ws is important... but it doesn't contribute to the only mission we have left.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    True.

I was sitting with my old high school coach tonight. He was a great coach and played professionally; really knows the game. I was asking him what's wrong with the hitters. Is it coaching, approach, technique/mechanics?? He simply said, "Outside of Cantrell, UL doesn't have ball players."
    Its that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFan View Post
    Its that simple.
    Raises the question .. why?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Thats the million dollar question

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Loosen up CajunIke... I couldn't tell from your posts if it was actually CajunIke or CajunTina. You Turners were a little bent last night. Now go tell Tina to make us a sandwich. I want extra mustard on mine.
    Clever! I got mine but you gonna have to find your own Tina. All is good, let's get a win tonight

Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by TheFan View Post
    Its that simple.
    Very serious talent deficit.

Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Crappy recruiting, perhaps?

Default Re: McNeese vs Louisiana

Yes indeed. But I think the game was viewed as an "ugly game" mainly because of an inning or two of clown ball. Our pitching tanking to give up a parade of mashed balls for a serious crooked number of runs... right behind us having 3 men on base with no outs... managing to only score a single run.
    Then we come back on the heels of McNeese fielding errors (mostly). The majority of the scoring was on bad pitching and fielding errors (on McNeese). The reality of it is... we lose this game if McNeese fielded the ball cleanly (like we did). Those were unforced errors. When I'm savoring a victory... it tastes a little flat knowing the win came mostly due to the other guy collapsing.

There were positives... and that's good to note for sure. Our team needs Ws however they come. And they need to find some mojo. So... if a sloppy win gets us another W... and it helps the team get an ounce of mojo... I'm good with it ugly or not.
    Your points are valid. But since this team had not won a game all season when giving up more than four runs, it was milestone, in a sense.

What was it Robe always says about you have to find all sorts of ways to win. Until this game, we only had one way to win.

This was progress, no matter how "not very pretty" it was.

I'm not givin' it back. LOL

In reality, this year has but one mission left on the list. Getting midweek Ws is important... but it doesn't contribute to the only mission we have left.
    Working on another streak, J1M

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunIke View Post
    All is good, let's get a win tonight
    Mission accomplished

Let's pump the breaks we still rank 284 out 297 in BA and only have won one series

Blog Entries

Let's pump the breaks we still rank 284 out 297 in BA and only have won one series
    The brakes have been on all season.

Accelerator time.

I care about winning.

That's five out of six.

We aren't going to be world beaters. But this team is getting better and I think, better in a hurry.

Lannister, please drive your own car. We don't need anyone helping with breaks.

Look at your cited stats, we have won 5 out of 6 and were in a position to have won 7 out of the last 7, all with the emergency brakes locked on. This team is now doing more with less and winning. No more breaks necessary!!!!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9