_ _ _ _
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
Results 161 to 177 of 177

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 12, McNeese 10

  1. #161
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,119
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: McNeese vs Louisiana

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Here are some things that were not ugly.

    We had a freshman who wasn't slated to pitch come in in an emergency and strike out the side in the ninth. His ERA when he came in was 65.00

    This team, which never walks, was patient at the plate and got ten free passes and a hit batsman.

    We actually got some hits with men in scoring position.

    Todd Lott had a big time at bat in a crucial situation.

    We, once again, played errorless baseball. This team is really good defensively.

    Zach Lafleur is coming around. That's one less hole in the lineup. He had 4 RBI last night.

    We stole eight bases in nine attempts.

    We turned a triple play.

    Because of the negatives we needed all of that to get a win.

    But we got it because we did a lot of things right.
    Yes indeed. But I think the game was viewed as an "ugly game" mainly because of an inning or two of clown ball. Our pitching tanking to give up a parade of mashed balls for a serious crooked number of runs... right behind us having 3 men on base with no outs... managing to only score a single run.
    Then we come back on the heels of McNeese fielding errors (mostly). The majority of the scoring was on bad pitching and fielding errors (on McNeese). The reality of it is... we lose this game if McNeese fielded the ball cleanly (like we did). Those were unforced errors. When I'm savoring a victory... it tastes a little flat knowing the win came mostly due to the other guy collapsing.

    There were positives... and that's good to note for sure. Our team needs Ws however they come. And they need to find some mojo. So... if a sloppy win gets us another W... and it helps the team get an ounce of mojo... I'm good with it ugly or not.

  2. #162
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,119
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 12, McNeese 10

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunIke View Post
    I always read and appreciate your posts as I feel you are level headed, accurate, and funny on most subjects. But don't get your thong in a bunch on me. I'm a man like you, I get sandwiches made for me.
    Loosen up CajunIke... I couldn't tell from your posts if it was actually CajunIke or CajunTina. You Turners were a little bent last night. Now go tell Tina to make us a sandwich. I want extra mustard on mine.

  3. #163
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,978

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 12, McNeese 10

    I think we are at the point of the season where it doesn't matter how you do it as long as you do it. A win is a win anyway u dice it. Gotta flush that ugly win and move on from it. Tonight will be a challenge.


  4. #164
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    16,119
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 12, McNeese 10

    Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    I think we are at the point of the season where it doesn't matter how you do it as long as you do it. A win is a win anyway u dice it. Gotta flush that ugly win and move on from it. Tonight will be a challenge.
    In reality, this year has but one mission left on the list. Getting midweek Ws is important... but it doesn't contribute to the only mission we have left.

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,484

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 12, McNeese 10

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    True.

    I was sitting with my old high school coach tonight. He was a great coach and played professionally; really knows the game. I was asking him what's wrong with the hitters. Is it coaching, approach, technique/mechanics?? He simply said, "Outside of Cantrell, UL doesn't have ball players."
    Its that simple.

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,667

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 12, McNeese 10

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFan View Post
    Its that simple.
    Raises the question .. why?

  7. #167
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,446

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 12, McNeese 10

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Raises the question .. why?
    Thats the million dollar question

  8. #168
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Loosen up CajunIke... I couldn't tell from your posts if it was actually CajunIke or CajunTina. You Turners were a little bent last night. Now go tell Tina to make us a sandwich. I want extra mustard on mine.
    Clever! I got mine but you gonna have to find your own Tina. All is good, let's get a win tonight

  9. #169
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    5,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFan View Post
    Its that simple.
    Very serious talent deficit.

  10. #170
    Dad04's Avatar
    Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    5,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Raises the question .. why?
    Crappy recruiting, perhaps?

  11. #171
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    773

    Default Re: McNeese vs Louisiana

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Yes indeed. But I think the game was viewed as an "ugly game" mainly because of an inning or two of clown ball. Our pitching tanking to give up a parade of mashed balls for a serious crooked number of runs... right behind us having 3 men on base with no outs... managing to only score a single run.
    Then we come back on the heels of McNeese fielding errors (mostly). The majority of the scoring was on bad pitching and fielding errors (on McNeese). The reality of it is... we lose this game if McNeese fielded the ball cleanly (like we did). Those were unforced errors. When I'm savoring a victory... it tastes a little flat knowing the win came mostly due to the other guy collapsing.

    There were positives... and that's good to note for sure. Our team needs Ws however they come. And they need to find some mojo. So... if a sloppy win gets us another W... and it helps the team get an ounce of mojo... I'm good with it ugly or not.
    Your points are valid. But since this team had not won a game all season when giving up more than four runs, it was milestone, in a sense.

    What was it Robe always says about you have to find all sorts of ways to win. Until this game, we only had one way to win.

    This was progress, no matter how "not very pretty" it was.

    I'm not givin' it back. LOL

  12. #172
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,907

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 12, McNeese 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    In reality, this year has but one mission left on the list. Getting midweek Ws is important... but it doesn't contribute to the only mission we have left.
    Working on another streak, J1M

  13. #173
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 12, McNeese 10

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunIke View Post
    All is good, let's get a win tonight
    Mission accomplished

  14. #174
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,667

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 12, McNeese 10

    Let's pump the breaks we still rank 284 out 297 in BA and only have won one series


  15. #175
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 12, McNeese 10

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Let's pump the breaks we still rank 284 out 297 in BA and only have won one series
    The brakes have been on all season.

    Accelerator time.

  16. #176
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    773

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 12, McNeese 10

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Let's pump the breaks we still rank 284 out 297 in BA and only have won one series
    I care about winning.

    That's five out of six.

    We aren't going to be world beaters. But this team is getting better and I think, better in a hurry.

  17. #177
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,907

    Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 12, McNeese 10

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Let's pump the breaks we still rank 284 out 297 in BA and only have won one series
    Lannister, please drive your own car. We don't need anyone helping with breaks.

    Look at your cited stats, we have won 5 out of 6 and were in a position to have won 7 out of the last 7, all with the emergency brakes locked on. This team is now doing more with less and winning. No more breaks necessary!!!!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •