Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: G3: UTA at Louisiana

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: G3: UTA at Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    But please remember, you are not a "smart" so anything you say in the future, right or wrong, may result in your getting hammered again. Many of us know the feeling!!!!!!
    Who cares if someone "hammers you" on a fan forum? It's like telling your mom that your brother is making faces at you... except it's 10 times less personal... and 20 times more wimpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Who cares if someone "hammers you" on a fan forum? It's like telling your mom that your brother is making faces at you... except it's 10 times less personal... and 20 times more wimpy.
    Your streak is over. Time to work on another.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Was that an actual sacrifice (already one out with runners on first and second)??? Now UTA will simply walk Kasuls.

Brian
    Only few in attendance really know how idiotic this call was. And it's a shame that robe lets him do things like this without showing him the door. Handful of beers in and I'm talking to a buddy about how one would think you bunt here but....

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Your streak is over. Time to work on another.
    Not a problem. Life is a long procession of ending streaks... and starting new ones.

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Only few in attendance really know how idiotic this call was. And it's a shame that robe lets him do things like this without showing him the door. Handful of beers in and I'm talking to a buddy about how one would think you bunt here but....
    Yep......and leave Lott in as DH.....let's give the kid a chance to open it up......no one is shining at DH anyway.

If you leave him in as the DH, give him a 5 hour energy. Way too passive letting fastball after fastball go by with the bat on his shoulder. I don't understand it

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    If you leave him in as the DH, give him a 5 hour energy. Way too passive letting fastball after fastball go by with the bat on his shoulder. I don't understand it
    Definitely see what you're saying. But I'm pretty sure this is the first time he's seen back to back games this season. At least give him a chance to get in a groove. He was ranked high by several reputable scouting sites.

Edit: and raked in summer ball in Alaska.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    He's a giant dude but fastballs blow right by him.
    I would love to know his workout regimen.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Yep......and leave Lott in as DH.....let's give the kid a chance to open it up......no one is shining at DH anyway.
    I'm also kind of scratching my head about going mid-game from a .091 DH to a .111 one. If you are going to give the guy a chance, give him the whole chance.

I'm also kind of scratching my head about going mid-game from a .091 DH to a .111 one. If you are going to give the guy a chance, give him the whole chance.
    An embarrassment of riches.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    An embarrassment of riches.
    Well, at least you're half right... smdh

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    Well, at least you're half right... smdh

Lol

May have been a right left matchup thing. I don't remember if we were facing a righty or what

Righty. As mentioned earlier having Bourgeois bunt with one out was questionable at best. You had to know they would walk Kasuls. Give yourself two chances to drive in the go ahead run.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Righty
    Ramos has a lower OB% than Lott. No real plus to having him hit and definitely not worth , once again, keeping Lott from having any type of consistency in plate appearances.

Days like today solidify the way I've felt about the talent level of some of our guys. Some of them may have been great juco players but on the D1 level they are role players at best. It's shown itself over and over and over since game 1 and some since last year. It's painful to continue to watch some of these at bats that we are just totally overmatched. A D1 hitter shouldn't be overmatched by 86-88 mph velocity. Just shouldn't happen. This team doesn't quit, I give them that. And that's something to be proud about. But what it does lack is the ability to put there foot on someone's throats when given the chance. If they gonna really turn this thing around in the second half, they better learn to bury people when they have a chance. Or it will be much like the first half....consistently inconsistent

Blog Entries

DH/Pinch hitting options......IMO none arent particularly good. It'll be musical chairs with bottom of order until someone steps up. Robe has no clear options.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Correct. I was wondering why Montgomery was back at the plate.

In that case, you allow the batter to complete the at-bat (* very important *). If he reaches base, you appeal ... which Tony did.

Brian
    Curious... How does this work if... say they had gotten Montgomery out on a K instead of walking him. Do they let it go at that point? And protest whenever the next guy reaches base? Or is it over and done once you get the improper batter out?

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Throw to third to get the force out ump said Kennon foot was off bag I'm watching game and the replay clearly showed his foot was still on bag
    Agreed. Bad call by ump.

Made a big difference in out bottom of the inning. We got lead off man on and would have sac'ed him over. Couldn't do that down by two.

BIG yuge BAD call. Why are we getting burned by so many bad calls this year?

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Curious... How does this work if... say they had gotten Montgomery out on a K instead of walking him. Do they let it go at that point? And protest whenever the next guy reaches base? Or is it over and done once you get the improper batter out?
    If I recall a similar situation happened last night and it looked like a different result was called. Batter got called for catcher interference on a throw down. Runner stealing was called out. Batter was going back to dugout because he thought he was called out and was made to return to plate to complete his at bat. It appeared that the only difference between today's play and yesterday's was that today the stealing runner was the third out and yesterday it was the second so you went back in the field before the circumstance would present itself today. Anyone have any further clarification on the difference between these two?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast