_ _ _ _
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: G3: UTA at Louisiana

Default Re: G3: UTA at Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    If I recall a similar situation happened last night and it looked like a different result was called. Batter got called for catcher interference on a throw down. Runner stealing was called out. Batter was going back to dugout because he thought he was called out and was made to return to plate to complete his at bat. It appeared that the only difference between today's play and yesterday's was that today the stealing runner was the third out and yesterday it was the second so you went back in the field before the circumstance would present itself today. Anyone have any further clarification on the difference between these two?
    I think yesterday it was the 2nd and 3rd out... so no questions... double play... Next batter in the line-up bats...

Today - it was just one out (the batter called for interference)... so should have been next man up next inning... but he came out again.

Yesterday the stealing runner called out for interference was the second out and after that play, the interfering batter was brought back to the box to complete his bat.

Yesterday the stealing runner called out for interference was the second out and after that play, the interfering batter was brought back to the box to complete his bat.
    See - there is the confusion.

Today the batter was out for interference.

You are saying the "stealing runner called out for interference" yesterday. hmmm something ain't right. ;-)

I thought that yesterday the batter was called out for interference and the runner was out by virtue of actually tagging him out - hence, double play. I'm guessing if the stealing runner would have been safe on the throw, then he simply would have been sent back to first and the batter out for interference... Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    See - there is the confusion.

Today the batter was out for interference.

You are saying the "stealing runner called out for interference" yesterday. hmmm something ain't right. ;-)

I thought that yesterday the batter was called out for interference and the runner was out by virtue of actually tagging him out - hence, double play. I'm guessing if the stealing runner would have been safe on the throw, then he simply would have been sent back to first and the batter out for interference... Yes?
    I no longer have a clue, all I know is yesterday, the running base stealer was an out, the batter was going to the dugout like he thought he was called out and was made to come back to complete his bat. That was why I was confused further about what transpired today.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

If I recall a similar situation happened last night and it looked like a different result was called. Batter got called for catcher interference on a throw down. Runner stealing was called out. Batter was going back to dugout because he thought he was called out and was made to return to plate to complete his at bat. It appeared that the only difference between today's play and yesterday's was that today the stealing runner was the third out and yesterday it was the second so you went back in the field before the circumstance would present itself today. Anyone have any further clarification on the difference between these two?
    I think it goes like this. If the runner had been called out, the hitter would have started the next inning batting. Since the runner was called safe, the batter was called out which made him an illegal hitter starting off the next inning.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I think it goes like this. If the runner had been called out, the hitter would have started the next inning batting. Since the runner was called safe, the batter was called out which made him an illegal hitter starting off the next inning.
    So you saying only one out. If the catcher still makes the out on the runner regardless of the interference, no penalty to the batter and he retains his bat. If the catcher does not make the out, batter is out?

Question: on the second scenario, should not the runner be made to go back to first? Why should there be any benefit from the interference? If that is the case, couldn't the batter just tackle the catcher to advance a runner rather than depend on the sac bunt?

Edit: never mind, second instance the batter out was third out so no need to address runner. If that would have been an earlier out, I presume runner would have been moved back to first.

So you saying only one out. If the catcher still makes the out on the runner regardless of the interference, no penalty to the batter and he retains his bat. If the catcher does not make the out, batter is out?

Question: on the second scenario, should not the runner be made to go back to first? Why should there be any benefit from the interference? If that is the case, couldn't the batter just tackle the catcher to advance a runner rather than depend on the sac bunt?

Edit: never mind, second instance the batter out was third out so no need to address runner. If that would have been an earlier out, I presume runner would have been moved back to first.
    Can't double dip. If less than 2 outs, batter is out and runner goes back to his original base.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Can't double dip. If less than 2 outs, batter is out and runner goes back to his original base.
    I believe it's like a free play in football. Play it out and you can take the interference or not. If you take interference runner goes back like the play didn't happen.

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I no longer have a clue, all I know is yesterday, the running base stealer was an out, the batter was going to the dugout like he thought he was called out and was made to come back to complete his bat. That was why I was confused further about what transpired today.

The batter is out for batter's interference unless the runner is thrown out in the process. In that case, the baserunner is out and the batter continues his AB

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    The batter is out for batter's interference unless the runner is thrown out in the process. In that case, the baserunner is out and the batter continues his AB
    Be honest, did you remove the polo at anytime yesterday during or before the game?

Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I would love to know his workout regimen.
    As Robe says, he looks good getting off the bus, anyway. So far an underwear model, tho. I am sincerely hoping he and the coaches figure it out here. If not it is an epic fail all the way around.

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Be honest, did you remove the polo at anytime yesterday during or before the game?
    No... but I quickly threw it on over a v neck when the game was starting so it didn't come in to contact with my nipples.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    No... but I quickly threw it on over a v neck when the game was starting so it didn't come in to contact with my nipples.
    Damn, we got frozen out.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6