_ _ _ _
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Saturday Game 6PM

Default Re: Saturday Game 6PM

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    What is very clear is that you are nothing but an a-z-z-w-h-o-l-e. Go ahead and create a throw down for your damn seat when there are 40 others empty right around you because you have to sit in your seat. Are you could just politely ask they they move to another seat - wow what a revelation. There is surely to be one like you in every crowd. You go T.
    Just curious but are you a season ticket holder?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Just curious but are you a season ticket holder?
    Yes

Yes
    Well,with all due respect to you I agree that if I purchased season tickets those seats are mine. That's how I look at it and I think that's how most look at it. I would not want someone sitting in my seats that I paid for only to tell me "hey don't worry, just go sit down there".

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Well,with all due respect to you I agree that if I purchased season tickets those seats are mine. That's how I look at it and I think that's how most look at it. I would not want someone sitting in my seats that I paid for only to tell me "hey don't worry, just go sit down there".
    I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with what you have just posted.

My only point was that on a game like last Saturday, I have no problem whatsoever with the University opening up seating to allow those that did brave the weather enjoy a seat where the effects of the weather are less felt.

If one shows up and someone is in your seats, you can ask them to move if you absolutely must sit in your seats and that person should move if asked.

I also however believe and saw that on a day like that, it was coincidence that one of the good fans who stayed happen to be in your seats and a consideration would be to sit in one or more of the empty 20 seats close in proximity to yours and join in with that set of fans that chose to stay like you did to support the team, and support the team with them, in those conditions.

How can anyone argue with any of this? If you feel the need to make them move then so do it. If you decide to take a more practical solution, good for you again.

A couple of weekends ago I showed up for a Sunday game and there were 4 students in my seats. Those were the only seats occupied in my row, the row above and the row below. I sat in the row above and thanked the students for showing up to support their school. Just me.

Blog Entries

Season ticket holders need to attend games if they want to defend their tush turf.

A couple of weekends ago I showed up for a Sunday game and there were 4 students in my seats. Those were the only seats occupied in my row, the row above and the row below. I sat in the row above and thanked the students for showing up to support their school. Just me.
    You can be Like Scott Farmers wife and call security to kick students out her seat instead of asking them

Quote Originally Posted by Turner View Post
    Season ticket holders need to attend games if they want to defend their tush turf.
    They should look at it this way: the more games they attend, the more likely they will see a wak off.

Wrong thread?

I'm just hoping for another wak off.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    But only after this weekend.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

That sounds like a good "get your butts to the game" statement. But with the exception of an inclement weather game, where fans might be told they can "sit wherever you want", UL needs to be very careful about encouraging the "find a seat and just wait to see if someone asks you to move". I could give some stories... but I'll spare everyone. But without question... UL needs to tread lightly on ever encouraging "sit wherever you want until you're asked to move". They will lose some serious money if they do. Baseball (and some football) inclement weather is a rare exception.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Wak as in "walk"... or wak as in "whack"? It matters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    You can be Like Scott Farmers wife and call security to kick students out her seat instead of asking them
    She isn't the first or last to do it. That's why UL needs to be careful with nonchalant use of premium seating. Trust me, they know it. And they've paid dearly for past ignorance on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    That sounds like a good "get your butts to the game" statement. But with the exception of an inclement weather game, where fans might be told they can "sit wherever you want", UL needs to be very careful about encouraging the "find a seat and just wait to see if someone asks you to move". I could give some stories... but I'll spare everyone. But without question... UL needs to tread lightly on ever encouraging "sit wherever you want until you're asked to move". They will lose some serious money if they do. Baseball (and some football) inclement weather is a rare exception.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Wak as in "walk"... or wak as in "whack"? It matters.
    Not according to Boomer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Not according to Boomer
    Got to love you some Boomer.

Blog Entries

There is no need to defend their tush turf, that is why people purchased season tickets. If they don't attend, then there is no issue correct?

Blog Entries

Congratulations, you think you are the only one that has done such a thing? Really, there are a number of factors, like a sold out game against LSU where that is not reality. I've done it a number of times and given tickets away, but I don't feel the need to pat myself on the back. It's up to the season tickets holder and if they do ask someone to move it doesn't make them a terrible person. And allowing them to use the seats doesn't make you Mother Teresa.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Congratulations, you think you are the only one that has done such a thing? Really, there are a number of factors, like a sold out game against LSU where that is not reality. I've done it a number of times and given tickets away, but I don't feel the need to pat myself on the back. It's up to the season tickets holder and if they do ask someone to move it doesn't make them a terrible person. And allowing them to use the seats doesn't make you Mother Teresa.
    I totally agree with you: it's a case by case basis kind of thing....if someone wants their seats they are doing zero wrong....and vice versa.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I had someone in my seats. I decided it would be better for security to move them than me. Glad I did, because that person was very resistant even with the security person telling them to move. It would have gotten real ugly real fast if he'd done to me the things he did to security.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast