_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Saturday Game 6PM

Default Re: Saturday Game 6PM

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I have heard an athletic department study has shown it makes no difference in the crowd. But I would have thought just the opposite as most people have there social outings on weekend nights not days. You know you can make a Saturday afternoon game and go out to dinner or have a barbecue or attend a cocktail party. Things us Cajun folk do.
    I can see the social outings at night deal with dinner reservations and what not. But for many other Cajun folk, the day time is to get stuff done and night is for social outings. Baseball game is a social outing for many of us. Personal preference I guess.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Lots of kid sports on Saturday's might impact some attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    In the future... we will have every seat with a butt... and then we will turn our focus on only having really nice butts in the seats... preferably in thong. I've sent Dr. Maggard an addendum to the Master Plan. It's 528 pages of how to make UL "Thong U"... and get us massive TV time and eventually our own worldwide network. If we really want to get serious about UL... I will gladly share "Thong Manifesto" with the UL Illuminati. Of course, we will have to get full agreement from the DOD and the CIA... since I forced them to sign NDAs in order to incorporate Thong Technology into all future US and Earth invasion defense. Damn... I've said too much. Anyway, there's great things happening behind the scenes at UL... needless to say.
    Where do you get this ____?! Lol...J1M, I can most definitely believe addendum is 528 pages. Godspeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I can see the social outings at night deal with dinner reservations and what not. But for many other Cajun folk, the day time is to get stuff done and night is for social outings. Baseball game is a social outing for many of us. Personal preference I guess.
    Fishing, golfing, sporting clays, yard work, high school and select ball, etc, all happen generally during the day on Saturdays. Nice to settle down in the evening for a good Ragn Cajun baseball game. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Fishing, golfing, sporting clays, yard work, high school and select ball, etc, all happen generally during the day on Saturdays. Nice to settle down in the evening for a good Ragn Cajun baseball game. JMO
    Absofruitly

Blog Entries

Louisiana Saturday Nights at Cajun Basin needs to be a year round tradition.

This is the stupidest thread I've seen on here in a very long time. And that's saying something.

Night games are easily way better than day games. Crowd is always more electric and the atmosphere is just better. I for one can't wait for the Saturday games to turn into night games every year.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAlum10 View Post
    This is the stupidest thread I've seen on here in a very long time. And that's saying something.

Night games are easily way better than day games. Crowd is always more electric and the atmosphere is just better. I for one can't wait for the Saturday games to turn into night games every year.
    ^^MOST of THIS^^

I for one am glad someone started this thread because what you've said about Saturday games is spot on. I can't wait every year until we go to 6:00 games.

And if the right person reads this thread, he/she will see that most think that way and maybe, maybe, maybe in years to come Saturday games will all be night games. So to that extent, far from STUPID!!!!!!

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    Thong stuff is old, overplayed, and it wasn't even funny 10 years ago. Just my opinion.
    Panty pooper.

Yep. That crowd was great last night.

Blog Entries

I would phrase it 'not so smart start' 'brilliant finished. Of course I'm only protecting my own stupidity. For some reason I thought he was saying the time had been moved just for this game.

I'm with you and CajunVic.

"Louisiana Saturday Nights"

Old cliche': I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid.

I guess it doesn't apply when you spell it with a k?

If one went to the game last night and this is what he took out of the game, let the chips fall where they may.

Blog Entries

Can we get Rob Harris to rewrite the lyrics for Louisiana Saturday Nights? (plural added)

Hey you hit down the middle and you hit down the row.

Pick off the dudes and you throw 'em out at home.

Dance in Cajun Basin till they turn out the lights.

Louisiana Saturday nights

I'm glad my family can make another game on the weekend with the 6 PM start. Nap time falls in the middle of the day and eliminates the kids and wife from going.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    I'm glad my family can make another game on the weekend with the 6 PM start. Nap time falls in the middle of the day and eliminates the kids and wife from going.
    This is the same issue I have with day games

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    This is the same issue I have with day games
    I brought 12 (spouse, firiends, kids, friends of kids) to the game last night only because it was at 6 and even with the worst possible weather at game time. That was some nasty crap blowing threw the gate as I waited for guests to give them tickets.

Today, I will be lucky to get 1 to come with me.

I brought 12 (spouse, firiends, kids, friends of kids) to the game last night only because it was at 6 and even with the worst possible weather at game time. That was some nasty crap blowing threw the gate as I waited for guests to give them tickets.

Today, I will be lucky to get 1 to come with me.
    That's a big crew for those conditions last night! My kids are all napping during afternoon games. I sometimes just wake them up from their nap to go to a day game, but with really young kids that can throw everything off and turn into a nightmare. No problems with night games though

Count me as one of those who prefer games at 6:00 PM.

Actuallythe Saturday night crowd was great considering the circumstances (weather)... also kudos to those who thought it appropriate to make everything general admission so those of us in the bleachers could get out of the wind and mist.

Saturday was fun and a nice crowd.... again considering... The weather was an abnormality.... Keep the 6pm games after Easter

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Actuallythe Saturday night crowd was great considering the circumstances (weather)... also kudos to those who thought it appropriate to make everything general admission so those of us in the bleachers could get out of the wind and mist.

Saturday was fun and a nice crowd.... again considering... The weather was an abnormality.... Keep the 6pm games after Easter
    I also applaud those in attendance on Saturday night. It was chilly and the delay made for a long night. However, I did not agree with the decision to open up the grandstand seating to everyone before the game. I pay that extra money to have my seat reserved and under the canopy from the wind/rain. I feel I should have my seat reserved and waiting for me whenever i feel to sit in it. Granted, I'm sure anyone would have been more than ok with moving had I asked them to, but I shouldn't have to. I can see opening it up maybe later in the game, but by then maybe people would have left. I don't know, it is a nice gesture and I'm sure the bleacher creatures were appreciative, just my two cents. Anyway...was glad to get the series win but we really need some 3 games sweeps to get that RPI up consistently. Especially when we have the ability to get that 3rd game, at home, and it's right within our grasp. We need a 5 win week! Geaux Cajuns

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast