_ _ _ _

Thread: Herm Edwards: Arizona State may cut scholarship players from team

Default Herm Edwards: Arizona State may cut scholarship players from team

This could be great news for us to get some transfers!!!!!!!! Sucks for the kids..

"They're not going to lose their scholarships. We're not taking scholarships. Their scholarships are good. They might not participate as an athlete, they just might become students," Edwards said.

https://sports.yahoo.com/herm-edward...144056091.html

Frenchie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Herm Edwards: Arizona State may cut scholarship players from team

Well this is a free ride if there ever was one.

Is this allowed by ncaa? If the school has extra money, they can just reassign 30 hurt and less talented players to classroom. By giving out 30 more scholarships they make a sham of the scholly limit. Does not seem right. What am I missing?

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    Is this allowed by ncaa? If the school has extra money, they can just reassign 30 hurt and less talented players to classroom. By giving out 30 more scholarships they make a sham of the scholly limit. Does not seem right. What am I missing?
    You can only sign 25 per year and scholarships are not guaranteed for 4 to 5 years when someone signs. They are renewed on a year to year basis. It is common at just about every school to have a basketball player asked to move on occasionally after they don't pan out. When the comment was made that some players may not have scholarships renewed, I think some people over reacted. He is probably only talking about a handful of players.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    You can only sign 25 per year and scholarships are not guaranteed for 4 to 5 years when someone signs. They are renewed on a year to year basis. It is common at just about every school to have a basketball player asked to move on occasionally after they don't pan out. When the comment was made that some players may not have scholarships renewed, I think some people over reacted. He is probably only talking about a handful of players.
    I guess the PAC isn't one of those that have started guaranteeing 4 year scholarships.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    Your not reading this correctly. He said he might cut scholarship players from playing but would NOT take their scholarships away. They wouldn't have more scholarships to give. Basically what he is saying is that just because you have a scholarship doesn't mean you are going to see the field.

That sound fair. But ncaa is not known for their fairness. lol