_ _ _ _
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Louisiana Golf Wraps Up Play At Lone Star Invitational

  1. Ragin' Cajuns Louisiana Golf Wraps Up Play At Lone Star Invitational



    The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns golf team finished the Lone Star Invitational in 15th place with an overall score of 70-over par (934) on Tuesday at the par 72, 7,247-yard Briggs Ranch Golf Club.


    The rest of the story

    LOUISIANA AC


  2. #2
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,897

    Default Re: Louisiana Golf Wraps Up Play At Lone Star Invitational

    Wow. 9 strokes out of 14th place. No team behind them.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,661

    Default Re: Louisiana Golf Wraps Up Play At Lone Star Invitational

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Wow. 9 strokes out of 14th place. No team behind them.
    How does a D1 golfer hit +29 over 3 rounds .. I can do that smashed off a case of beer

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Opelousas, LA
    Posts
    1,573

    Default Re: Louisiana Golf Wraps Up Play At Lone Star Invitational

    I am note sure what is going on with golf be we are not even competitive with our peers. Were 68 stokes behind stAte, 56 strokes behind ULM, 53 strokes behind Little Rock, 47 strokes behind McNeese and 12 strokes behind LaTex. We had 5 golfers. Of the 15 rounds played only one round among all of them was close to par and 7 rounds were in the 80's.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,977

    Default Re: Louisiana Golf Wraps Up Play At Lone Star Invitational

    Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    I am note sure what is going on with golf be we are not even competitive with our peers. Were 68 stokes behind stAte, 56 strokes behind ULM, 53 strokes behind Little Rock, 47 strokes behind McNeese and 12 strokes behind LaTex. We had 5 golfers. Of the 15 rounds played only one round among all of them was close to par and 7 rounds were in the 80's.
    Is it the coach? Just asking.

    2016-17 - SBC Championship - 10 out of 12
    2015-16 - SBC Championship - 9 out of 11
    2014-15 - SBC Championship - 9 out of 11
    2013-14 - SBC Championship - 4 out of 10

    2017-18 Tournaments at:

    S. Miss - 9 out of 12
    Louisville - 6 out of 13
    MTSU - 10 out of 12
    Hawaii - 17 out of 20
    S. Alabama - 7 out of 16
    Louisiana Classic - 11 out of 15 (our own course)
    Houston - 13 out of 17
    UTSA - 15 out of 15

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Opelousas, LA
    Posts
    1,573

    Default Re: Louisiana Golf Wraps Up Play At Lone Star Invitational

    Golf is such an individual sport that I am not sure how much "coaching" actually goes on. We have very good facilities and transportation. We have a dedicated alumni support group. These golfers were very good before they came to UL. They are just not very good now.


  7. #7
    DieHard1280's Avatar
    DieHard1280 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Harker Heights, TX
    Posts
    5,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Golf is such an individual sport that I am not sure how much "coaching" actually goes on. We have very good facilities and transportation. We have a dedicated alumni support group. These golfers were very good before they came to UL. They are just not very good now.

    Does JT play golf with these guys?

  8. #8
    Frenchie35's Avatar
    Frenchie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,397

    Default Re: Louisiana Golf Wraps Up Play At Lone Star Invitational

    Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Does JT play golf with these guys?
    He's the one you see in front of them showing how to place there feet with a BAT on the ground to help them with feet position and swing.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Prairieville, LA
    Posts
    970
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Golf is such an individual sport that I am not sure how much "coaching" actually goes on. We have very good facilities and transportation. We have a dedicated alumni support group. These golfers were very good before they came to UL. They are just not very good now.
    Then we need a different coach to select better players because this is unacceptable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •