Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Fouls and Free throws

  1. #1

    UL Basketball Fouls and Free throws

    30 free throws for LSU 19 for Louisiana. If the Cajuns shoot 30 times we are up by 6 points with 1 minute left.


  2. #2
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,631

    Default Re: Fouls and Free throws

    And we shot 0 in the first half.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    131

    Default Re: Fouls and Free throws

    When you turn the ball over so much as UL did and miss so many 3 point shots and chip shots right by the rim, there was no need for LSU to foul.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    701

    Default Re: Fouls and Free throws

    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    When you turn the ball over so much as UL did and miss so many 3 point shots and chip shots right by the rim, there was no need for LSU to foul.
    Turnovers were even at 16 apiece. We shot 25% on 3 pointers and they shot 22%. Can't understand why Marlin didn't go to a zone.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,951

    Default Re: Fouls and Free throws

    Quote Originally Posted by AboveAverage View Post
    30 free throws for LSU 19 for Louisiana. If the Cajuns shoot 30 times we are up by 6 points with 1 minute left.
    Can't blame the officiating last night. There will always be some questionable calls. However, there is absolutely no doubt UL committed way more fouls than LSU did, especially in the first half when they kept driving to the basket and the Cajuns were getting beaten badly off of the dribble and there was no help to be found until it was too late.

    The officiating did not cause the Cajuns to loose last night. If we play the entire first half like we did the second, I think the outcome could have been different. Even on their court, in their gym!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,991

    Default Re: Fouls and Free throws

    Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Turnovers were even at 16 apiece. We shot 25% on 3 pointers and they shot 22%. Can't understand why Marlin didn't go to a zone.
    In the first half. Didn't shoot any in the first half which is where that large disparity was birthed. While I agree that we did settle way too much in the first half there were times during the whole game where it looked like they were mauling us when we had the ball and Stroman would get a ticky tack foul called on him just guarding his man.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    701

    Default Re: Fouls and Free throws

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    In the first half. Didn't shoot any in the first half which is where that large disparity was birthed. While I agree that we did settle way too much in the first half there were times during the whole game where it looked like they were mauling us when we had the ball and Stroman would get a ticky tack foul called on him just guarding his man.
    Agreed. When we got too close (within 3 points), then the ticky tack and phantom fouls were called. The zebras couldn't risk is taking the lead.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,694
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Fouls and Free throws

    The first phantom hand-check foul on Washington at the 4:48 mark of the 1st quarter should have told me everything I needed to know about this game.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Harker Heights, TX
    Posts
    4,947

    Default Re: Fouls and Free throws

    Please stop making excuses. We didn't play well enough to win. Period.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,311

    Default Re: Fouls and Free throws

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The first phantom hand-check foul on Washington at the 4:48 mark of the 1st quarter should have told me everything I needed to know about this game.
    Thats the point when I said, "Oh. THAT'S how its going to be tonight."

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,694
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Fouls and Free throws

    Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Please stop making excuses. We didn't play well enough to win. Period.
    As shown by the score.

    ""EXCUSES" ignored" are the new definition of insanity.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,694
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Fouls and Free throws

    "Well enough" on the road is totally different than "well enough" at home.

    Then there was the game against Little Rock where "well enough" means you are just glad the game is over and you can go home. "Well, enough."


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Agreed. When we got too close (within 3 points), then the ticky tack and fantom fouls were called. The zebras couldn't risk is taking the lead.
    LSU had a few bad calls called on them. The obvious ones were a couple of the out of bound calls that went out way, but should have gone to LSU. I remember at least 3.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,694
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Fouls and Free throws

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Thats the point when I said, "Oh. THAT'S how its going to be tonight."
    I didn't recognize how right you were.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •