_ _ _ _
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Bb Final: Louisiana 5, Tulane 2

Default Re: Bb Final: Louisiana 5, Tulane 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Fontenot came out for Stover. But yeah, they were a bit all over the place last night.
    U missed the sarcasm. I know kennon was out the game

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

What really happened is that Stover batted for Ramos, Fontenot went to left field and Bougeouis moved to center and Lahare to right. Then latter Lafluer batted for Fontenot and went into left field. That was way to much for this group to grasp.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Probably a little of both. He probably assumed our 6th pitcher we ran out there on a Tuesday with an ERA of 18 was just a no name...like the previous 4 guys. Just like his guy would have been in that situation. Its f'n Roger Cador not Vin Skully.
    We play his team often, he's just retired, DMo was an All American two years running, and was on track for 3 years. We're 50 miles away. I don't need a Vin Skully to know well known basics. But go ahead cover for a guy who came unprepared.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We play his team often, he's just retired, DMo was an All American two years running, and was on track for 3 years. We're 50 miles away. I don't need a Vin Skully to know well known basics. But go ahead cover for a guy who came unprepared.
    Im not covering for him, just not going to get butthurt over something he said. Maybe that's why he retired because of his lack of attention to detail. Color guys say stupid ___ all the time, our own people get things wrong about our own team constantly. He isn't close to being a pro, he is a retired baseball coach. I doubt he takes it seriously, probably just something to
    Do. You think he is going to do his "homework"?

We won the game. All that matters. Next up.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Baseball Re: Bb Final: Louisiana 5, Tulane 2

Im not covering for him, just not going to get butthurt over something he said. Maybe that's why he retired because of his lack of attention to detail. Color guys say stupid ___ all the time, our own people get things wrong about our own team constantly. He isn't close to being a pro, he is a retired baseball coach. I doubt he takes it seriously, probably just something to
    Do. You think he is going to do his "homework"?
    . Did you read the part where I said I like him a lot.

He's getting paid, he's enjoying the benefits of being on tv, yes I'd expect him to do a little preparation. On the other hand if he wants to look and sound like a 🤡 just wing it Roger.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    . Did you read the part where I said I like him a lot.

He's getting paid, he's enjoying the benefits of being on tv, yes I'd expect him to do a little preparation. On the other hand if he wants to look and sound like a 🤡 just wing it Roger.
    It's not about liking him or not, he is doing something new and got something wrong. Guys that do this for their career get stuff wrong all the time. He probably leans more on his general baseball knowledge to get through it. In the situation you would think stoelke was DMO. In the end it's not a big deal.

It's not about liking him or not, he is doing something new and got something wrong. Guys that do this for their career get stuff wrong all the time. He probably leans more on his general baseball knowledge to get through it. In the situation you would think stoelke was DMO. In the end it's not a big deal.
    Agree, not to mention the fact that he was part of the Tulane "pay to watch" broadcast. It's not like this was on a national network. He probably does very little "homework" anyway for something like this, and what little he does is on the team he's doing the broadcast for.

And does it really matter anyway??

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Agree, not to mention the fact that he was part of the Tulane "pay to watch" broadcast. It's not like this was on a national network. He probably does very little "homework" anyway for something like this, and what little he does is on the team he's doing the broadcast for.

The whole broadcast just got to be kind of funny at one point. When you know there have been some position player changes and are looking to identify them and you look out in right field and see Lahare and call him Ramos, you are just out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post

Broadcast was on CST. Was not pay to watch broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    I agree. I hate that c$&p, especially with one out. If it wasn't a called bunt by the coach, I'd sit his _____ the rest of the game.
    He was trying to push bunt past the pitcher, but instead bunted right at him. It was not a sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    It works home games and most away games. It happens
    I guess "that's baseball"

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    He was trying to push bunt past the pitcher, but instead bunted right at him. It was not a sacrifice.
    Robe just said in his presser that they did indeed call a sacrifice. Wanted to give Kasuls a shot at driving in the run even with two outs. Kasuls lined out to 2nd. Robe said with their poor hitting, they can't "sit" when runners are on base, and Kasuls had been "feeling good about himself" so wanted to give him the opportunity to get that run in with two outs.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10