_ _ _ _
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    I didn't. But, your answer just emphasizes how weak your ooc schedule is. Like others have pointed out, Tigers playing Cajuns would benefit both programs.
    It was still better than UL's. Hell, UL played TWO non D-1 teams. I hope y'all _____ and moan about your scheduling as well.

Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

Quote Originally Posted by bballholic View Post
    Good points. LSU has been bad. This is more of a focus on where I'd like to see them go rather than where they have been. The recruiting class coming in for next season is off the charts. If Wade can build on that, LSU could have something special in the works if they can keep him around.
    Wade has potential there. But with the genius mind of Joe Alleva, he will find a way to mess things up and scare the man away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I am sure your non conference schedule will get better and you have the resources to make that happen. In our case, we would have to play the huge majority of our non conference games on the road against power schools to improve ours much and some advocate that. Still major point of my prior posts was to illustrate how difficult it is to schedule here as many regional schools who don't have the program we do now refuse to play us. I imagine you were not aware of the difficulty of this situation for us.
    Yeah, honestly, I didn't realize it was that tough to get those kind of home games.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Wade has potential there. But with the genius mind of Joe Alleva, he will find a way to mess things up and scare the man away.
    hahaha truth

I've enjoyed the friendly banter, that is what I was hoping for. Good luck and I'll be back after the game win or lose. Have a good evening.

Congrats on the baseball victory and hope y'all turn it around.

It was still better than UL's. Hell, UL played TWO non D-1 teams. I hope y'all _____ and moan about your scheduling as well.
    Don't worry. We have been down that road and back! It is hard to improve when schools (in state) refuse to schedule games. We had to go to South Carolina to get a good game. Others come from neutral site tournaments. We are forever trying to get the coach and AD to schedule better competition. We knock but everyone keeps their door closed.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

If you looked at other threads, there is lots of concern voiced about our schedule. Playing non D1 teams actually probably helped our RPI as the D1 teams we would have to bring in to complete a home schedule would bring it down. Did you see my posts about the no. of schools in the area who refuse to play us home and home. Just makes the challenge more difficult.

Seems like LSU/UL could work out a 3 for 1 or something like that in basketball. I truly believe that both teams would benefit from playing each other.

LSU baseball (Shortstop, in particular) was a little jumpy in the beginning at Russo Park last week... I think it had to do with this year's first truly hostile crowd (prior game @ SLU only) environment. That experience (even with the loss) well help LSU prepare for SEC play.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I've enjoyed the friendly banter, that is what I was hoping for. Good luck and I'll be back after the game win or lose. Have a good evening.

Congrats on the baseball victory and hope y'all turn it around.
    Enjoyed the conversation with you as well. We all hope the bats come around for the Cajuns but hard to be optimistic when 25% of the season has past and little indications are that things are improving. I know the kids are still working hard and it may take until the season is nearly complete for things to click for all those young guys. As far as Wednesday night's game goes, if the Cajuns are healthy it is likely to be competitive throughout . If not, the Tigers probably pull away in the last 10 minutes. It is very unfortunate the health issues popped up for us at the most critical time of the season.

Yeah, it really is interesting. Can't wait to see it settled on the court. Very mediocre LSU team versus one of best in UL's history.
    Against a mediocre SunBelt conference and a strong SEC. It won't be easy...

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    None. Look, there's banter going on but UL does not have as many good wins as LSU. I will not deny that one bit. LSU, when looking back earlier at their schedule for this year, surprised me with some of the wins they've had during the season. I remember seeing the Houston game on TV. I also remember seeing them beat Michigan although that was not the same Michigan team at that time but nonetheless, they beat them and should get credit. BUT, LSU with all these good wins has also ____ the bed numerous times this season and that really tells me they've been inconsistent. UL has not. That is what I'm hoping to see on Wednesday. LSU stumble a bit and us play like we did pretty much the entire conference season.
    Little Rock was pretty bad.

Oh, is RPI the sole factor when determining seeding for post-season play?
    Umm yeah, thats what it was designed for.

Default Re: Bulletin board material?

Just heard Marlin on BR radio. Those guys are trying to create bulletin board materials. Asked Bob if he said LSU was scared to play them?

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Bob. Shut your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Bob. Shut your mouth.
    Bob never said anything. They making stuff up here in BR.

Since 2010 the Tigers have played 15 games (all at home I think) against Louisiana schools.

Now I'm not sure what our stance has been regarding playing in Baton Rouge without a return but there have certainly been plenty of games against in state competition.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Seems like LSU/UL could work out a 3 for 1 or something like that in basketball. I truly believe that both teams would benefit from playing each other.

LSU baseball (Shortstop, in particular) was a little jumpy in the beginning at Russo Park last week... I think it had to do with this year's first truly hostile crowd (prior game @ SLU only) environment. That experience (even with the loss) well help LSU prepare for SEC play.
    Absolutely not. If Maggard signs a 3 - 1 with LSU, I'll be furious. 2 - 1 max. LSU is nobody in college basketball.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post

.....had to leave in the 7th... did our crowd get better... any Ragin Cajun yells???

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Absolutely not. If Maggard signs a 3 - 1 with LSU, I'll be furious. 2 - 1 max. LSU is nobody in college basketball.
    I'd do it.

They may be nobodys on the national stage, but given our pathetic non-conference scheduling, our pathetic conference RPI, and the tremendous opportunity for in-state perception improvement, I say ANY scheduling deal with them is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I'd do it.

They may be nobodys on the national stage, but given our pathetic non-conference scheduling, our pathetic conference RPI, and the tremendous opportunity for in-state perception improvement, I say ANY scheduling deal with them is worth it.
    Respectfully disagree. Teams like Duke, UNC, Kansas? Sure, do a 3 - 1. Travel, RPI, exposure, experience, etc all much more involved. LSU is not worth a 3 - 1, in any sport, except football.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast