_ _ _ _
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 514

Thread: LSU/UL NIT matchup

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,667

    Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Respectfully disagree. Teams like Duke, UNC, Kansas? Sure, do a 3 - 1. Travel, RPI, exposure, experience, etc all much more involved. LSU is not worth a 3 - 1, in any sport, except football.
    Elimination of all Non-D1 games is a must then deal 2-1 with AAC schools 3-1 with ACC & Big 10 schools

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Elimination of all Non-D1 games is a must then deal 2-1 with AAC schools 3-1 with ACC & Big 10 schools
    I'd rather target specific schools, but yea, that's a reasonable expectation for scheduling IMO.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,099
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

    omw to get tickets. What sections are Cajuns fans going to be?


  4. #104
    Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    omw to get tickets. What sections are Cajuns fans going to be?
    I think 218 to 222 is suggested

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,980

    Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I'd do it.

    They may be nobodys on the national stage, but given our pathetic non-conference scheduling, our pathetic conference RPI, and the tremendous opportunity for in-state perception improvement, I say ANY scheduling deal with them is worth it.
    It is interesting that nobody seems to want to play us in Lafayette in football or basketball. Baseball and softball are different and teams are coming here. We want to move up to another conference, but we don't play teams in the AAC, for example, because they won't do a one for one with us. So, do a 2 for 1 if that's what it takes to play them. We can't join a conference that doesn't want to play us. Get teams here to see what we have to offer and things change. So what if we play a 3 for 1 with a P5 school. We get them in Lafayette, we schedule away money games, and we improve our visibility and perception. Like it or not, LSU is in the SEC, the most powerful conference in the country. We may have to play by their rules because they sure won't play by ours, not as a Sun Belt team. Either we do that or we don't play them. In basketball, start off with a 2 for 1 to get a rivalry going, then change to home and home. In football, get creative and push for a game in the SuperDome, so we play 2 in BR, 1 in Lafayette and 1 in New Orleans (which is neutral but like a home game for both of us) over a 4 year period. And play that schedule on a continuing basis until such time as our leverage improves. You have to play to build a rivalry. We can't keep our head in the sand and hope somebody notices us because all they will see is our ___ hanging out. Let's get back to the mantra "we will play anybody, any place, any time". It may be the only way we will get out of where we are.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,111

    Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

    I miss all the good stuff. I have not made a Baseball game and now I am at work for this game tomorrow night,


  7. #107
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,907

    Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

    Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    omw to get tickets. What sections are Cajuns fans going to be?
    Buy them online. All tickets are General Admission.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    4,095

    Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    It is interesting that nobody seems to want to play us in Lafayette in football or basketball. Baseball and softball are different and teams are coming here. We want to move up to another conference, but we don't play teams in the AAC, for example, because they won't do a one for one with us. So, do a 2 for 1 if that's what it takes to play them. We can't join a conference that doesn't want to play us. Get teams here to see what we have to offer and things change. So what if we play a 3 for 1 with a P5 school. We get them in Lafayette, we schedule away money games, and we improve our visibility and perception. Like it or not, LSU is in the SEC, the most powerful conference in the country. We may have to play by their rules because they sure won't play by ours, not as a Sun Belt team. Either we do that or we don't play them. In basketball, start off with a 2 for 1 to get a rivalry going, then change to home and home. In football, get creative and push for a game in the SuperDome, so we play 2 in BR, 1 in Lafayette and 1 in New Orleans (which is neutral but like a home game for both of us) over a 4 year period. And play that schedule on a continuing basis until such time as our leverage improves. You have to play to build a rivalry. We can't keep our head in the sand and hope somebody notices us because all they will see is our ___ hanging out. Let's get back to the mantra "we will play anybody, any place, any time". It may be the only way we will get out of where we are.
    I concur with your suggestions, sir!

  9. #109

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,499

    Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    It is interesting that nobody seems to want to play us in Lafayette in football or basketball. Baseball and softball are different and teams are coming here. We want to move up to another conference, but we don't play teams in the AAC, for example, because they won't do a one for one with us. So, do a 2 for 1 if that's what it takes to play them. We can't join a conference that doesn't want to play us. Get teams here to see what we have to offer and things change. So what if we play a 3 for 1 with a P5 school. We get them in Lafayette, we schedule away money games, and we improve our visibility and perception. Like it or not, LSU is in the SEC, the most powerful conference in the country. We may have to play by their rules because they sure won't play by ours, not as a Sun Belt team. Either we do that or we don't play them. In basketball, start off with a 2 for 1 to get a rivalry going, then change to home and home. In football, get creative and push for a game in the SuperDome, so we play 2 in BR, 1 in Lafayette and 1 in New Orleans (which is neutral but like a home game for both of us) over a 4 year period. And play that schedule on a continuing basis until such time as our leverage improves. You have to play to build a rivalry. We can't keep our head in the sand and hope somebody notices us because all they will see is our ___ hanging out. Let's get back to the mantra "we will play anybody, any place, any time". It may be the only way we will get out of where we are.
    This makes sense. A 2 for 1 or even 3 for 1 with top schools would be a way to build a resume. Of course, some schools will not give us a home game even if we offer a 5 for 1, but its worth a try.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,741
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    This makes sense. A 2 for 1 or even 3 for 1 with top schools would be a way to build a resume. Of course, some schools will not give us a home game even if we offer a 5 for 1, but its worth a try.
    There are valuable Home-n-Home games to be had.

    You just need to plan them a few years out.

  12. #112
    Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,721

    Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    This makes sense. A 2 for 1 or even 3 for 1 with top schools would be a way to build a resume. Of course, some schools will not give us a home game even if we offer a 5 for 1, but its worth a try.
    Many schools will not play here period-Agree it does not hurt to ask however.

  13. #113
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,787

    Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Many schools will not play here period-Agree it does not hurt to ask however.
    Mike, I still don't believe that "many" schools won't play here. There may be a few, but scheduling good games is a problem for everyone. There are plenty of quality games to be found. Other schools very similar to us manage to find them. No valid reason we can't.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    709

    Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

    Quote Originally Posted by bballholic View Post
    Oh, is RPI the sole factor when determining seeding for post-season play?
    Not for the NIT. The only factor is what your name and athletic budget is.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,767

    Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

    Anyone know what conference the officials will come from? Praying that we get s fair shake and balanced game from zebras...also, will the pep band be allowed in building, if so, hope they leave z"respect" and "hey baby" in Lafayette...


  16. #116
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Many schools will not play here period-Agree it does not hurt to ask however.
    I'm not calling you a liar, but I just don't believe this. Until I'm on a conference call with whoever does our scheduling and every D1 school to hear them each tell us they refuse to play here no matter what the deal is, I'm calling BS on whoever told you this.

  17. #117
    RcL8 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    I'm not calling you a liar, but I just don't believe this. Until I'm on a conference call with whoever does our scheduling and every D1 school to hear them each tell us they refuse to play here no matter what the deal is, I'm calling BS on whoever told you this.
    That's coming straight from the horse's mouth. Marlin has said it many times whether it be at rebounders club or on radio interviews

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,741
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

    Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    Not for the NIT. The only factor is what your name and athletic budget is.
    Budget is irrelevant.

    Potential Gate is another matter.

    The fact that the NCAA has corrupted the NIT is a crying shame.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    That's coming straight from the horse's mouth. Marlin has said it many times whether it be at rebounders club or on radio interviews
    I just find it very hard to believe, but I'm not on the phone calls, so I have to take his word.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,741
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: LSU/UL NIT matchup

    Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    That's coming straight from the horse's mouth. Marlin has said it many times whether it be at rebounders club or on radio interviews
    Emergency deals are undoable.

    These deals need to be planned far in advance.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •