_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: UL Football Update, Spring

fanof71 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default UL Football Update, Spring

If some of you can get over this being from The Advocate without swallowing your tongue, its a good read

http://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/...7458bcd08.html

Blog Entries

Default Re: UL Football Update, Spring

It really makes them seem petty when every other sports report is calling us LOUISIANA and they are stuck on this UL Lafayette thing.

I'm afraid it might take a year or two before we can rebuild a football team that we would like to see. HUD left us kind of depleted.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    It really makes them seem petty when every other sports report is calling us LOUISIANA and they are stuck on this UL Lafayette thing.

I'm afraid it might take a year or two before we can rebuild a football team that we would like to see. HUD left us kind of depleted.
    Same was said after Bustle left. We ended up having more than we thought. Let's wait and see.

I think we can still win 6-7 games but he can right the ship with a strong 2019 class

I think a lot will depend on QB play as we need another year to get the defense enough depth to be on the level we want.

Wrong again

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    If some of you can get over this being from The Advocate without swallowing your tongue, its a good read

http://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/...7458bcd08.html
    We really need to have a winning season and bowl game to build momentum for 2019. It's going to be really important to have a good showing in New Orleans for the Mississippi State game. Id like them to have a reason to make this an annual classic game with Louisiana as the host team.

Right now the only two position groups Napier likes are RB and WR. That sounds right to me. I think this will be a 2-3 year rebuilding process. Highlighting signees and walk-ons as a part of the short term states we are woefully outmanned. 6 wins should be the goal for next year. Anything more and Napier is a miricle worker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Wrong again
    What, you think we will be really good this upcoming season?

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Right now the only two position groups Napier likes are RB and WR. That sounds right to me. I think this will be a 2-3 year rebuilding process. Highlighting signees and walk-ons as a part of the short term states we are woefully outmanned. 6 wins should be the goal for next year. Anything more and Napier is a miricle worker.
    We won 5 last year so six is possible.

What, you think we will be really good this upcoming season?
    There's an ocean of difference between depleted and really good.

With a reasonable schedule and improved defensive line, I can see us winning 7 games.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We won 5 last year so six is possible.
    I think we're somewhere between 2 and 10 wins. I'm going out on a limb and making a bold projection... but that's the way I see it.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

With a reasonable schedule and improved defensive line, I can see us winning 7 games.
    7 games fits inside my prediction window.

Doesn't Coach Napier still have a couple scholarships to bring in couple of JUCOs to shore up depth, maybe pick up a starter?

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Doesn't Coach Napier still have a couple scholarships to bring in couple of JUCOs to shore up depth, maybe pick up a starter?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    7 games fits inside my prediction window.
    Firmly in there.

Still need a Juco/ Grad transfer OL & DB.. Tanner coming back is huge for our LB core

Blog Entries

The schedule is already out. It's the same conference opponents as pretty much every year and three out of conference games. Alabama, Grambling and Mississippi. Last year I saw decent running backs and WRs, other than that, kind of depleted, imo.

The schedule is already out. It's the same conference opponents as pretty much every year and three out of conference games. Alabama, Grambling and Mississippi. Last year I saw decent running backs and WRs, other than that, kind of depleted, imo.
    I saw the schedule. I'm TELLING you we play a more fair schedule. No midweeks and plenty of home Saturday games. No crazy travel.

We will win 7 games.

I think 7 wins is doable
    A productive qb and good defense will be required
    CC

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast