_ _ _ _
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: This loss is on you Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    That is a lie. They beat Vanderbilt and Ole Miss, and lost to USC, Auburn and Miami. All three losses were to top 35 teams.
    And all losses were very close.

Default Re: This loss is on you Marlin

That is a lie. They beat Vanderbilt and Ole Miss, and lost to USC, Auburn and Miami. All three losses were to top 35 teams.
    That is what I heard him say. If I heard incorrectly, that is on me. Were the two wins on the road?

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

https://twitter.com/ChrisMassaroAD/s...117216256?s=19

"The deck is stacked. How do we collect Quadrant 1 home wins?"

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Basketball Re: This loss is on you Marlin

You don't, you collect quad one road wins.

Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You don't, you collect quad one road wins.
    The narrative continually changes to keep mid majors out.

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    That is what I heard him say. If I heard incorrectly, that is on me. Were the two wins on the road?
    Vandy was a road game, Ole Miss was at home. The three losses were neutral site, though Auburn was in Birmingham.

It's time to just come out and say G5 need not apply

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It's time to just come out and say G5 need not apply
    Yep. The system continues to develop further and further into haves and have nots. Since conference realignment first spun up years ago, the goal has been to create a few super-conferences that are separate from the rest of us plebs. At some point, especially in light of this federal investigation, I expect them to totally break off from the NCAA if they try to impose any kind of severe penalties on their blue bloods.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Yep. The system continues to develop further and further into haves and have nots. Since conference realignment first spun up years ago, the goal has been to create a few super-conferences that are separate from the rest of us plebs. At some point, especially in light of this federal investigation, I expect them to totally break off from the NCAA if they try to impose any kind of severe penalties on their blue bloods.
    Just getting back to town after driving all day. Did any mid majors get bids?

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Just getting back to town after driving all day. Did any mid majors get bids?
    Only one I see is Nevada, unless you consider the Big East, A10 and AAC to be mid major. I see those as high major.

Unfortunately, the committee was putting more weight into who you beat, not necessarily who you played. Ole Miss and Vandy aren't going to move anybody's needle.

Never said it was the norm. What I did say is that we will never be seriously considered for an at large if we continue to schedule our non conference games like Marlin has done. We must schedule better and WIN better games.

I am not interested in UL being the norm; I want much better than that for my school.
    This is a first step but I'm still skeptical it will get us to where we need to be. You saw the bias that the committee issued at large bids with. Oklahoma? Give me a break. Syracuse? Give me a break. They got bids over many teams, including MTSU, that probably deserved the chance but decided to go with teams with stronger SOS from power conferences. Even if we do schedule 2-3 bigger teams and somehow beat one or two of them, it will be tough to overcome that type of yearly bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I would be very surprised if Middle Tennessee receives an at large bid.
    And you would be correct.
    It is a shame St. Mary's was denied one for the likes of a Syracuse who I think had a sub .500 conference record.
    Who is this year's Cinderella?

Just curious on scheduling .... the AD usually schedules for football right? Does he or she do the same for basketball? I know baseball does it's own scheduling

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Just curious on scheduling .... the AD usually schedules for football right? Does he or she do the same for basketball? I know baseball does it's own scheduling
    Basketball does their own scheduling with input and approval from the AD. Some hope that the schedule will improve with any contacts Dr. Maggard may have.

Don't see it improving much...Farmer had connections all across the country...and still couldn't make inroads...

Only one I see is Nevada, unless you consider the Big East, A10 and AAC to be mid major. I see those as high major.
    Rhode Island

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    And you would be correct.
    It is a shame St. Mary's was denied one for the likes of a Syracuse who I think had a sub .500 conference record.
    Who is this year's Cinderella?
    If by Cinderella you mean double digit seed, I'd say New Mexico State, SFA or UCLA. UCLA may not sound like a Cinderella but they were in the last 4 in and are in a play-in game just to start.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Basketball staff makes the schedule

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Don't see it improving much...Farmer had connections all across the country...and still couldn't make in rows...
    LOL!!! You mean he knew some people?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast