_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: This loss is on you Marlin

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: This loss is on you marlin

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    I agree! You win games you are supposed to win. Marlin is our Ricky Bustle. He's not the guy to get us to the next level.
    Rickey Bustle had one winning season. Basketball just earned their fifth consecutive one. Not saying our goals have been reached but let's be factual.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Getting to NIT or NCAA's frequently-more often than not. You have to win a championship more often than not. Health situation at worst time killed our chances for NCAA's this year.
    Mike, I'm not asking for your feelings on today's game. Do you have any specific expectations, or standards for conference championships and NCAA Tournament bids? There is no right or wrong answer, I just want to see how far apart we are as a fan base on reasonable goals for this program.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Mike, I'm not asking for your feelings on today's game. Do you have any specific expectations or standards for conference championships and NCAA Tournament bids. There is no right or wrong answer, I just want to see how far apart we are as a fan base on a reasonable goals for this program.
    I answered your question a couple of posts earlier.

Blog Entries

I answered your question a couple of posts earlier.
    Not exactly specific, more often than not? How many years is more often?

3 out of every 5. We have not reached that in the past but we may be in position to do so going forward with 7 guys who have played a lot in the last two years returning and a strong recruiting class. The injury to Kobe Julien is a definite negative however. They were counting on him to be like Stove, a versatile guy who can do lots of things. I will say this about Gant's absence today. I received information that he was dealing with more than a head cold, in fact it was bronchitis. I am not a doctor and I don't know the difference between that and pneumonia. I do know that either is serious and I am not surprised he could not go. If they shot too many three balls today, perhaps it is because he was not available to help inside.

Blog Entries

3 out of every 5. We have not reached that in the past but we may be in position to do so going forward with 7 guys who have played a lot in the last two years returning and a strong recruiting class. The injury to Kobe Julien is a definite negative however. They were counting on him to be like Stove, a versatile guy who can do lots of things. I will say this about Gant's absence today. I received information that he was dealing with more than a head cold, in fact it was bronchitis. I am not a doctor and I don't know the difference between that and pneumonia. I do know that either is serious and I am not surprised he could not go. If they shot too many three balls today, perhaps it is because he was not available to help inside.
    Okay, thanks. You are a diehard supporter and I just want to have this dialog going forward. There clearly is a divided Cajun Nation when it comes to Coach Marlin.

As for today, the disappointment is tough. But I'm not disappointed in the effort of this team today. Given today's circumstances, the results will be a little bit easier to get over in the next few days.

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Well, I hate to say it, called it for UTA months ago when they were sucking.

[QUOTE=ZoomZoom;1058204]Well, I hate to say it, called it for UTA months ago when they were sucking.[/QUOT

They do have lots of talent in their starting five. Not surprised they are doing well as teams like that often go through the motions until crunch time. Let me say one thing about our guys. Right now they are very disappointed and enduring a tough trip home. I feel especially for the three main seniors who worked so hard and were not rewarded for their efforts. Very unfortunate one of them was not at his best and could not contribute the way he is capable of. I know hundreds of young men are going through this at this time but it still makes it hard knowing guys we have watched and supported these last few years are having to deal with this. If they are healthy, maybe they can advance in the NIT and keep playing the game they love a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Okay, thanks. You are a diehard supporter and I just want to have this dialog going forward. There clearly is a divided Cajun Nation when it comes to Coach Marlin.

As for today, the disappointment is tough. But I'm not disappointed in the effort of this team today. Given today's circumstances, the results will be a little bit easier to get over in the next few days.
    I would say the great majority are not in favor of him being replaced anytime soon. I am sure there are some who would like to see a change but we all know that is not happening in the near future. That is not to say that we should not expect more. The whole staff and team expects more
    consistent success going forward.

Blog Entries

I would say the great majority are not in favor of him being replaced anytime soon. I am sure there are some who would like to see a change but we all know that is not happening in the near future. That is not to say that we should not expect more. The whole staff and team expects more
    That was not my question Mike, let's not jump to conclusions. I simply want to know what is everyone's expectation for MBB. I think the results will be interesting.

RcL8 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

He can start by signing Jordan Brown 😊

He has two years remaining on his contract. Someone did tell me recently that any conference championship (regular season or tournament) adds an automatic one year extension. I don't know if that is true but if so he has three years remaining. I can attest that Dr. Maggard thinks very highly of Coach Marlin.
    At the end of the day, The fans own the program, not Maggard. If he gets caught up in doing only what he wants, he will be shown the door just like Farmer. Paying fans and financial supporters are results driven and with the ever increasing prices, that tolerance of subpar results will get smaller and smaller. It's the monster that is college athletics

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    At the end of the day, The fans own the program, not Maggard. If he gets caught up in doing only what he wants, he will be shown the door just like Farmer. Paying fans and financial supporters are results driven and with the ever increasing prices, that tolerance of subpar results will get smaller and smaller. It's the monster that is college athletics
    we had a great year. If you want to fire him after this year thats an lsu mentality. I'm just as mad and frustrated today as any cajuns fan but point is we had one of the best seasons we have ever had

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    we had a great year. If you want to fire him after this year thats an lsu mentality. I'm just as mad and frustrated today as any cajuns fan but point is we had one of the best seasons we have ever had
    We have had better. NCAA Tourney better.
    Next year Next year my friends.

Sensitive a bit huh? Where did i say fire him? Nobody gives 2 shts about Maggard's personal feelings for a coach. The guy has been here almost a year while fans have been pumping time and money into this program their whole lives. Maggard will leave us for the first chance at a bigger gig. You keep raising prices people are going to want results, not a nice guy they can have a beer with. You know what makes the LSU mentality? Money

And it isn't over... not what we wanted but we will be playing more basketball. Today we had Gant who can't breath, Stove isn't a hundred percent with his ankle, and Washington gets his nose busted. I'll argue that with those three at 100% we win today. If they are healthy hopefully we make a good run in the NIT.

A great year against cupcakes failed every tough test

Blog Entries

Again, let's not jump to conclusions. No one to this point has used the word fired in this discussion. What are your expectations?

Bob needs to be thanked and then shown the door this evening. Time for him to go.

RcL8 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    Bob needs to be thanked and then shown the door this evening. Time for him to go.
    Lol good lord

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast