_ _ _ _
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: MBB SBC-T Final: Louisiana 68, UTA 71

Default Re: GameOn: Louisiana vs UTA

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    What did you see that the coach could have done differently, besides expanding the rotation?
    and even that is hindsight bias. This is march, you want your best guys out there

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    You guys either weren't watching or are absolutely fu&$#ng crazy if you think the refs didn't not impact or cost us to lose that game. We didn't not play our best basketball, but we did enough to win that game. We should have been shooting 2 with a minute to go and a 1 point lead when the "charge" on Stroman was called
    LOL

The refs didn't cost us the game. Our poor shooting and lack of driving on the inside forcing them to get in fouls trouble did.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    LOL

The refs didn't cost us the game. Our poor shooting and lack of driving on the inside forcing them to get in fouls trouble did.
    The refs made at least 2 bad calls that went our way, also.

The refs weren't the difference. We got them into the bonus with 11 minutes left and jacked up 3's instead of getting to the foul line.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    The refs made at least 2 bad calls that went our way, also.

The refs weren't the difference. We got them into the bonus with 11 minutes left and jacked up 3's instead of getting to the foul line.
    Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes, but how is this game different than any SBC game? The officials are always terrible, nightly at the Cajun Dome. Don't tell me you haven't seen this all season?

We didn't hit free throws, didn't rebound and we didn't defend well at times. None of those factors have anything to do with officiating.

I'm proud of this group and their effort today. They didn't quit and they never stopped

playing hard in the face of adversity. The result is another season we don't play in the NCAA tournament. Next up, the NIT.
    Is it playing in B.R.?

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes, but how is this game different than any SBC game? The officials are always terrible, nightly at the Cajun Dome. Don't tell me you haven't seen this all season?

We didn't hit free throws, didn't rebound and we didn't defend well at times. None of those factors have anything to do with officiating.

I'm proud of this group and their effort today. They didn't quit and they never stopped playing hard in the face of adversity. The result is another season we don't play in the NCAA tournament. Next up, the NIT.
    I'm in agreement with you T. We were on the wrong end of more bad refereeing today... but it was our overall play that killed us. UTA was tournament hot and we are not. They aren't a bad team either.

We uncharacteristically missed free throws... but we also looked a lot on offense like the team that lost that last conference game. I hate to knock Marlin after such a great regular season, but he did not coach well today. UTA was too quick for our stock offense. When we aren't allowed to have our way, we don't adjust well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Is it playing in B.R.?
    NIT? No. You must have seen the Bleacher Report "B/R" on the top of an NIT article.

Head cold and lung infection don't even add up. I find it hard to believe it was the latter. If he wasn't playing there is no doubt it was serious. I guess my point was that calling his diagnosis a head cold is unfair to him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Head cold and lung infection don't even add up. I find it hard to believe it was the latter. If he wasn't playing there is no doubt it was serious. I guess my point was that calling his diagnosis a head cold is unfair to him.
    I've had some head colds that kicked my butt.

Fair. But that's what TV said our trainers told them.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I've had some head colds that kicked my butt.
    If you have some sick time available, sure use it. But if you have a major project due in three days and need all 72 hours available to complete it I bet your ___ is rocking and rolling. I have no time for a player throwing in the towel over a head cold...if that is actually the case...which I doubt it.

I just heard he has pneumonia...if correct that is a major game changer and most definitely will hold a player down.

I just heard he has pneumonia...if correct that is a major game changer and most definitely will hold a player down.
    Yesterday someone said upper respiratory infection. Was also told yesterday that they were beating on his back to try and clear his lungs and that he looked like he had pneumonia. Guess they were correct

How much does our absences in the NCAA affect our attractiveness come realignment time?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    On to the NIT, maybe we can win that one. I would bet that a lot of teams will not want to meet the Cajuns in the NIT, especially with a healthy Gant and Stove.
    I don't expect Stove to be 100% Stove.

80% Stove would make me happy.

How much does our absences in the NCAA affect our attractiveness come realignment time?
    MBB is the second biggest revenue producing sport.. So..

Blog Entries

He should not have played or even been on the bench two days ago.

Blog Entries

All of the above lost the game.

Remove any single item of the aforementioned list and UL overcomes the odds and wins.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11