_ _ _ _
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 4, LSU 3

Blog Entries

Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 4, LSU 3

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    One thing regarding attendance numbers... The older ballpark under Bollanger (sp?) was much bigger... I think they had 8 K for one game against LSU back in the early 90's. Bleachers used to run the entirety of the 1st and 3rd base lines, remember? Robe got here (I guess it was him) and took out the unnecessary seating capacity and made it nicer with boxes, etc. down the lines... cooking club... bullpen/cages, etc.
    The old bleachers were a little longer but they only had 2/3 the number of rows.

In post game interview, Robe said that Schmidt's performance was "Rock Solid"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    In post game interview, Robe said that Schmidt's performance was "Rock Solid"
    That's epic!

Are you sure he didn't say "100% Rock Solid"?!?

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    That's epic!

I guess it is what almost was - probably would have required a complete game W to be 100% Rock Solid!?!

Blog Entries

I'm afraid the crying tigers are correct. Our guy did step out in front the plate when he made contact on the bunt. He should have been out. Made up for the fantom hit by pitch call.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I don't think they ever had seating for near that amount. We did have a game where they drastically oversold seating which caused multiple complaints due to total lack of visibility of the field for a large number of paying folks. Our seating right now is larger than at any time in baseball history. They also limit seating now to make sure paying customers have a view.

Addendum: The school website says the seating capacity listed in 1978 was 4650 with the largest crowd of 7583 against LSU in 1994. It also notes that bleacher seating was added behind the dugouts in the early 1990's to add seating, so I don't know where they came up the the 4650 capacity in 1978 if only the grandstand was there. They must have estimated a whole mess of folding chairs.
    Listed" capacity after the Boulanger era enhancements was 7,000.

Brian

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    "Listed" capacity after the Boulanger era enhancements was 7,000.

Brian
    Actual seating capacity?

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    I'm afraid the crying tigers are correct. Our guy did step out in front the plate when he made contact on the bunt. He should have been out. Made up for the fantom hit by pitch call.

I'll have to re-look for the 10th time at that awesome play (LOL), but I think he stayed in the box.

I'll have to re-look for the 10th time at that awesome play (LOL), but I think he stayed in the box.
    His back foot was clearly out the box

The rule states the foot has to be in contact with the ground the same time the batter makes contact with the ball. If it touches the line he is still in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    The rule states the foot has to be in contact with the ground the same time the batter makes contact with the ball. If it touches the line he is still in the box.
    Then it was extremely close as his heel was probably touching the line. Bottom line: No ump makes that call - except for maybe a bad one with an agenda like Ryan Broussard or Myron Miller.

Then it was extremely close as his heel was probably touching the line. Bottom line: No ump makes that call - except for maybe a bad one with an agenda like Ryan Broussard or Myron Miller.
    That call may be made on an early square to bunt, maybe. It will never be made on a late square/squeeze because the umpire then has to be focused on the pitch coming and the runner crashing the plate. Too much to watch under this scenario with just two eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    That call may be made on an early square to bunt, maybe. It will never be made on a late square/squeeze because the umpire then has to be focused on the pitch coming and the runner crashing the plate. Too much to watch under this scenario with just two eyes.
    Besides, we saw on the Jordan Hit-by-Pitch call that 4 or 5 inches don't really matter. I'm sure Kasuls was within that threshold of error on a bang bang play!!!!!

That's epic!

Imagine being so petty, you continue to repeat lame ____ that no one cares about..

I ____ing own your bltcha55 😂

Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

That's epic!

No doubt rock solid.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9