_ _ _ _
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 4, LSU 3

Blog Entries

Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 4, LSU 3

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    The funny thing is if you know Tony I knew the double squeeze was going to be attempted. As long as I can remember we have pulled that off at least once a season.
    I called it 5 seconds before they executed it. The timing was perfect!

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Baseball Re: GameON: Louisiana vs Louisiana State

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    3-3 headed to the bottom of the 9th.

Only the Cajuns could wet the bed like this.
    I'll say this, our fans wearing red left in droves after they tied it up. Looked at the stadium clock and it was just 9:00 PM. Say what you want, but hundreds of fans gave up after 8.5 innings. Very disappointed in those fans.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I can vouch for that.....

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

If you're a Cajun fan who regularly attends games, I think most of us thought it was coming at that time. I thought they were going to do it at least one of the at bats when we had the bases loaded with no one out earlier in the game, but in hindsight it made the one in the B8th even sweeter (and probably a bigger surprise).

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Was a very entertaining game. Nice to see the rivalry where it should be with respect between the players on the field and a healthy but heated rivalry with fans off the field. Not sure if anyone noticed but one of the LSU players flipped the winning ball back to one of our guys as the game finished. Will be an interesting matchup in the second go around.

Pitching was superb on both sides of the ball and I thought the ump was pretty consistent for the most part.

Some of our hitters are starting to key in and even if it isn't showing in the stats yet you can see the improvement. Others however leave me shaking my head at times.

The S. Ala series this weekend is huge. Much like us they have played top caliber competition to open the season. While the UL & LSU players seem to be getting along (many of them are friends) I don't expect the same this weekend. Things might get a little testy out on the basepads before it is all over with.
    It's always testy with those guys lol.

Lyn Rollins: "Have you ever seen two rbi on a bunt before?"
    Ronnie Rantz: "Nope."

They were talking like LaHare just took advantage of the situation and it was not a planned double suicide.

I don't remember who we were playing the first time we pulled it off, but it was 2013. Alabama was the 2nd time, that was 2014. Pretty sure about twice a year since then. Wish I had video of all of them, but I'd hate that getting around the tweeter and allowing other teams to plan for it. At one time, Robe said they'd only do that against teams that they had gentleman's agreement with to not add info on each other to the scouting reports. ......that's prob all out the window now.

Blog Entries

Winning is all about good communication.

I don't know how you got that play down to the field so fast, nor do I care, keep up the good work.

All kidding aside, that had to be fun.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Going back to attendance: After reading the paper this morning about the home game LSU attendance in 1994 (7583) and 1989 (6236) at the old Tigue Moore Field, you cannot convince me that you only had (5499) for last nights game at the new Tigue Moore-Russo Park. The figures post in those two games (1994 & 1989) are twice as much what the old Tigue held. Last night they were standing shoulder to shoulder under the stadium and behind the third and first base bleachers. You had a few empty seats in the grand stands but those were counted as sold. And no comment about why they did not attend. I just don't think the count was correct. They need a better system. Turn styles would do the trick. One enter, one counted. Any thoughts on this?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Going back to attendance: After reading the paper this morning about the home game LSU attendance in 1994 (7583) and 1989 (6236) at the old Tigue Moore Field, you cannot convince me that you only had (5499) for last nights game at the new Tigue Moore-Russo Park. The figures post in those two games (1994 & 1989) are twice as much what the old Tigue held. Last night they were standing shoulder to shoulder under the stadium and behind the third and first base bleachers. You had a few empty seats in the grand stands but those were counted as sold. And no comment about why they did not attend. I just don't think the count was correct. They need a better system. Turn styles would do the trick. One enter, one counted. Any thoughts on this?
    The parking lot was the fullest I have ever seen it.

Was something else going on at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Nothing but baseball. But I didn't look in the back seats of the cars parked.

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

When the situation arose, I looked over to one of my guests who had not attended many Cajun baseball games and said that the Cajun's earlier whiffed three times with bases loaded, they are still not hitting the ball and if we going to win this game, here comes the double squeeze, and there it came. How were they not ready for that. Shame on them.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Attendance is based on tickets sold. We sell many more tickets than actually come to the games. Last night they came. Not that many more tickets were actually sold. Make sense?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Nothing but baseball. But I didn't look in the back seats of the cars parked.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Attendance is based on tickets sold. We sell many more tickets than actually come to the games. Last night they came. Not that many more tickets were actually sold. Make sense?
    Well I might be a little dense, but don't they know how many tickets are sold before they are scanned at the game. Just tear the tickets and let them enter if they know how may are sold. The entry policy sucks. If they have entry points at the game where fans just enter, then they are not counted. They had more than 5499 last night. At the dome for basketball they say an attendance is 5200. Just put what they had last night at the baseball game in the dome and see how may more would occupy seats. Every fan that enters Russo is not counted.......Well I'm through with fan attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Haha a lot of not caring going on at tiger droppings

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/...750271/page-2/
    Weiner U 4 LSU 3" said the Corndog.

One thing regarding attendance numbers... The older ballpark under Bollanger (sp?) was much bigger... I think they had 8 K for one game against LSU back in the early 90's. Bleachers used to run the entirety of the 1st and 3rd base lines, remember? Robe got here (I guess it was him) and took out the unnecessary seating capacity and made it nicer with boxes, etc. down the lines... cooking club... bullpen/cages, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    "Weiner U 4 LSU 3" said the Corndog.
    That coullion had such lame smack talk

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    One thing regarding attendance numbers... The older ballpark under Bollanger (sp?) was much bigger... I think they had 8 K for one game against LSU back in the early 90's. Bleachers used to run the entirety of the 1st and 3rd base lines, remember? Robe got here (I guess it was him) and took out the unnecessary seating capacity and made it nicer with boxes, etc. down the lines... cooking club... bullpen/cages, etc.
    I don't think they ever had seating for near that amount. We did have a game where they drastically oversold seating which caused multiple complaints due to total lack of visibility of the field for a large number of paying folks. Our seating right now is larger than at any time in baseball history. They also limit seating now to make sure paying customers have a view.

Addendum: The school website says the seating capacity listed in 1978 was 4650 with the largest crowd of 7583 against LSU in 1994. It also notes that bleacher seating was added behind the dugouts in the early 1990's to add seating, so I don't know where they came up the the 4650 capacity in 1978 if only the grandstand was there. They must have estimated a whole mess of folding chairs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    The old bleachers were a little longer but they only had 2/3 the number of rows.

CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

In post game interview, Robe said that Schmidt's performance was "Rock Solid"

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast