_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Prediction Thread: Cajuns and Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    Hopefully we continue getting better at the plate. Pitching does it's job and we walkoff double squeeze our way to a 2-1 win.
    Wasn't a walkoff but I loved that double suicide

Default Re: Cajuns and Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    We score 4 runs tops, hopefully they score 3 or less......
    You win thread. 🤟

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    We score 4 runs tops, hopefully they score 3 or less......
    Damn son...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I'm just telling you, we competed in a different way Saturday and Sunday. I expect that to carry over.

I'm waiting for Windham to bust loose. He's soooo close.
    Good call!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    It will be great to show LSU fans our new ball park and our traditions that make it one of the best atmospheres and environments in college baseball.
    Not to nitpick but I really believe it to be THE best atmosphere in the country... In the middle of the 7th and again in the 8th, with John Fogerty and Sweet Caroline, I saw several a&m fans looking around in awe.... We have something very special here... and not just in those innings....

What are we going to name this place when Robe retires...... there has to be something lasting named about him.... he built this

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Not to nitpick but I really believe it to be THE best atmosphere in the country... In the middle of the 7th and again in the 8th, with John Fogerty and Sweet Caroline, I saw several a&m fans looking around in awe.... We have something very special here... and not just in those innings....
    Agreed! I know they were appreciative of the BEvERages... Something they don't have available inside their Park in Tigerland. Maybe that will convince them they should come here every year... Ha.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

What are we going to name this place when Robe retires...... there has to be something lasting named about him.... he built this
    We. well most all know, "the house that Babe built".....how about the " House that Robe Built"...That's about as true a statement ever said.

Blog Entries

I agree the best atmosphere in the country! Unlike many, I don't believe Sweet Caroline is part of the reason it is the best in the country. It's someone else's tradition.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Prediction Thread: Cajuns and Tigers

Still say we need to figure a way to get Fogerty here in person to assist in the 7th inning stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I agree the best atmosphere in the country! Unlike many, I don't believe Sweet Caroline is part of the reason it is the best in the country. It's someone else's tradition.
    Yep but it is part of a package... not original to us, but nonetheless part of the atmosphere when half the stadium continues the second verse (extremely off-key I might add proudly) well into the first batter

Yep but it is part of a package... not original to us, but nonetheless part of the atmosphere when half the stadium continues the second verse (extremely off-key I might add proudly) well into the first batter
    How in the world did Sweet Caroline get to be associated with baseball in the first place? isn't that a Red Sox tradition?

How in the world did Sweet Caroline get to be associated with baseball in the first place? isn't that a Red Sox tradition?
    Yep... don't overthink it...lol

Yep... don't overthink it...lol
    Just curious because I don't particularly care for the song and can't figure out how a Boston tradition became one at Louisiana.

Well, Red Sox play baseball, so there's your baseball association.

It started at Fenway in 2004. Over the next few years, every stadium in the country from lower level leagues copy-catted their tradition, the Tigue being one of them in 2007 or 2008. It is someone else's tradition, and I think we'd be better served playing something else to sing along to. Put me in the category of "despise/loathe" Sweet Caroline at the Tigue.

A few years back they played Wayne Toups version of New Orleans Lady for sing along. I thought that was a great candidate to finally flush Sweet Caroline away forever, but..nope...didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    It started at Fenway in 2004. Over the next few years, every stadium in the country from lower level leagues copy-catted their tradition, the Tigue being one of them in 2007 or 2008. It is someone else's tradition, and I think we'd be better served playing something else to sing along to. Put me in the category of "despise/loathe" Sweet Caroline at the Tigue.

A few years back they played Wayne Toups version of New Orleans Lady for sing along. I thought that was a great candidate to finally flush Sweet Caroline away forever, but..nope...didn't happen.
    Thanks for the explanation. I'm with you. Something more akin to our own tradition would be better, Cajun or Louisiana related. Sweet Caroline just doesn't do it.

Most games we play "I got Loaded" around the fifth inning which has a great connection to bases and balls and Cajun Land. Can't remember if it played last night at Tigue -Russo.

Blog Entries

Yes, I try not to puke! Sorry, I see no entertainment in the song, regardless if half the stadium is singing it. It's not a tradition to me at the Tigue and never will be period.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes, I try not to puke! Sorry, I see no entertainment in the song, regardless if half the stadium is singing it. It's not a tradition to me at the Tigue and never will be period.
    I don't care for Sweet Caroline either. It's a Red Sox thing, not a Tigue thing.

I relate us singing Sweet Caroline to LSU using "Geaux".... blatant rip off.

I also think shooting a cannon at our football games was ridiculous, not our tradition.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    I don't care for Sweet Caroline either. It's a Red Sox thing, not a Tigue thing.

I relate us singing Sweet Caroline to LSU using "Geaux".... blatant rip off.

I also think shooting a cannon at our football games was ridiculous, not our tradition.
    There was a cannon on campus in 1914 (the year the world changed) and the Swamp Cannon tradition goes back to the early 70's

I agree about the Neil Diamond song.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast