_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 61 to 77 of 77

Thread: LSU Comes to Russo Park | The Grind

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Did we DECLINE the invite. No. Why does it matter why this team or any other top teams decides to come into our house. What matters is that they do. We schedule the best teams we can based upon whatever factors, incentives or reasons get them here. Period.
    It shouldn't matter. That's what I'm saying. But people have turned this midweek game into some "game of the year" because the other team's name is "LSU."

  2. #62
    CajunVic is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,334

    Default Re: LSU Comes to Russo Park | The Grind

    It's the game of the day, today, and I'm fortunate and happy to have tickets to enjoy the game with friends and other Cajun fans.


  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Bwaaaa. Reread my post. Your a smart guy... I'll let you figure it out.
    You're*

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    The only one with the small time attitude is you. You have a regular CWS participant coming into UL's home stadium to play and there you are acting all tough like its no big deal. UL would give its left nut to have the baseball resume that LSU has. You and those of the same ilk as you are the reason why UL will always be small time in everything. Always a seat at the kids table but never allowed to eat with the adults. I can guarantee you that the majority of the fans are looking at this game as something more than just another midweek game.
    So easy to spot LSU phonies..

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,998

    Default Re: LSU Comes to Russo Park | The Grind

    Playing LSU is not a privilege anymore than playing Texas is a privilege.. These are teams we compete with and beat. In fact, it's their privilege to come and be a part of our baseball culture and experience our gameday atmosphere. Texas, Shriners, etc always talk about how our crowd is enjoyable to be around.

    Having said that I'm excited to play those pukes because I hate their guts and want to beat them in everything. They are an instte foe that represents an institution which has held us back for half a century. ____ those jackasses.

    Need more hate in sports people.


  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,313

    Default Re: LSU Comes to Russo Park | The Grind

    Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I will respectfully disagree. While I'm looking forward to hosting LSU tonight, it should never be a privilege. Robe said in his presser on Monday that LSU has that rotating in-state schedule every year, and we fall on it this year. To me, that's kind of like LSU's way of saying. "It's your turn to have us over." As if we are in line to get the distinct honor to reel them in. Please lol. Yes, LSU baseball has a unique history; but that doesn't mean we should bow down to their graces because they decided to come in for a midweek matchup. I also don't think that any other top 25 program would be selling tickets for over $150 a piece like this one has.

    Again, I'm not complaining about LSU coming to town because I think it's great for our fans and our program. I also think that attracting the likes of Texas, Virginia Tech, and Maryland is huge for our program. But it's the players and the fans that built that as well. We all played a role in that from what the team did on the field to what we the fans do to create an awesome environment at The Tigue.

    All in all, let's get the win tonight and look forward to a tough weekend matchup with South Al.
    At that first DC meeting, they also mentioned that LSU would be returning to Russo again sooner than their typical 5 year rotation... like in just a couple years...

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    At that first DC meeting, they also mentioned that LSU would be returning to Russo again sooner than their typical 5 year rotation... like in just a couple years...
    Good, because LSU does the same with Tulane. And I would think that we are on the same level as Tulane lol. Not to mention, LSU actually GAINS advantages to playing here during the midweek as opposed to other in-state schools.

    I challenge all of you to do this tonight if you're going to the game. Take a look around the stadium and try to see if there's a lot of LSU fans sitting in the stands. I'll give you a hint. They're won't be. When LSU goes to UNO, McNeese, Nicholls, etc., you can guarantee that there's going to be 50% of LSU fans there. Here, not so much. So, LSU now gets the benefit to play in a hostile environment 45 minutes to the west. That's a tribute to our fans and what we have created here.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: LSU Comes to Russo Park | The Grind

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    So easy to spot LSU phonies..
    Isn't it about time for you to write that big check to RCAF that you write daily?

  9. #69
    raginsaints's Avatar
    raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,734

    Default Re: LSU Comes to Russo Park | The Grind

    This is an important game because their RPI will be top 25. We want to have some of those wins on our resume.


  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,013

    Default Re: LSU Comes to Russo Park | The Grind

    Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Some people are overreacting to this game. You being the main one. No reason for you to have such strong feeings about how others feel about it. jmo
    Oh my im so sorry how dare I have an opinion

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Flagship-Land
    Posts
    736

    Default Re: LSU Comes to Russo Park | The Grind

    baseball games aren't privileges.

    But it is LSUs privilege because, win or lose, they leave with a plate from the Cajun cooking club. You can't find that kind of food in BR.

    Just saying.

    It's a baseball game. Everyone calm down.


  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,029

    Default Re: LSU Comes to Russo Park | The Grind

    I always get excited for this game when it is at our place because of the intensity of some of the games in the past. Our fans got so crazy in the 90's, ole Skip refused to ever come back. Go to the early 2000's when bats are being thrown in dug outs and middle fingers are flying from the players. Benches always seemed to be a hair away from being cleared. The fans are in every pitch and every play. I love that atmosphere. Plus, I know how much the tigger fans loathe losing to us. They care a lot more than they want ppl to believe! And I enjoy upset tigger fans very much.

    The South Al series has a similar history, but I guess because we don't have to live next to South Al fans all year, it just isn't quite the same. Plus, South Al doesn't have a superiority complex, they are just simpletons.


  13. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I always get excited for this game when it is at our place because of the intensity of some of the games in the past. Our fans got so crazy in the 90's, ole Skip refused to ever come back. Go to the early 2000's when bats are being thrown in dug outs and middle fingers are flying from the players. Benches always seemed to be a hair away from being cleared. The fans are in every pitch and every play. I love that atmosphere. Plus, I know how much the tigger fans loathe losing to us. They care a lot more than they want ppl to believe! And I enjoy upset tigger fans very much.

    The South Al series has a similar history, but I guess because we don't have to live next to South Al fans all year, it just isn't quite the same. Plus, South Al doesn't have a superiority complex, they are just simpletons.
    Well put.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,085

    Default Re: LSU Comes to Russo Park | The Grind

    Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I always get excited for this game when it is at our place because of the intensity of some of the games in the past. Our fans got so crazy in the 90's, ole Skip refused to ever come back. Go to the early 2000's when bats are being thrown in dug outs and middle fingers are flying from the players. Benches always seemed to be a hair away from being cleared. .
    Skippy and Yvette were of the same ilk.... How dare we come into their domains and not "Know our place".. So they decided to stop playing us to "teach us a lesson". That is why this will be the first a&m @ UL baseball game ive been to in many years.. I'm not even sure why I'm going but what the hell.. I refused in the past to join in the hype.... They don't want us? screw em.. we don't need them. We have our own palace now and teams like Texas are happy to come in for a full series.... Stay in BR

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,966

    Default Re: LSU Comes to Russo Park | The Grind

    Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Skippy and Yvette were of the same ilk.... How dare we come into their domains and not "Know our place".. So they decided to stop playing us to "teach us a lesson". That is why this will be the first a&m @ UL baseball game ive been to in many years.. I'm not even sure why I'm going but what the hell.. I refused in the past to join in the hype.... They don't want us? screw em.. we don't need them. We have our own palace now and teams like Texas are happy to come in for a full series.... Stay in BR
    My point exactly. We Cajun fans don't owe these entitled people anything. I will not kiss the feet of a golden calf that has plagued our state for years. They're coming for a visit tonight. Congrats to them. Let's whip their tails back to Baton Rouge and get ready for South Alabama this weekend.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •