_ _ _ _
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: LA Athletics and Learfield Announce 10-Year Partnership

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Default Re: LA Athletics and Learfield Announce 10-Year Partnership

Unless Don wants to come back, Jay should keep the gig.

Stevie P can stay home and do the pregame radio shows.

Falgout should be the on the field reporter.

G should be legally required to be the permanent color guy in the booth.

All coach's shows need to be on the FM.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Baseball Re: LA Athletics and Learfield Announce 10-Year Partnership

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Again, the 103.7 FM range is nowhere near that of 107.9 FM. 107.9 is a big advantage for Townsquare. Can Learfield force baseball there as well as coaches shows is a question I cannot answer but it would be a positive for our athletic program. Just like having a color guy for basketball would be a positive. That should be a requirement whichever entity gets the broadcast rights.
    I'm telling you Mike, 107.9 FM isn't a valid station past the Acadiana area. It barely catchable in Metairie on a car radio and not at all on my home radios. I'm using the Pup everywhere past a 50 mile radius.

The Pup is actually for people interested in UL athletics. I've completely gone to the satellite radio for anything not UL in sports.

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I am hoping that Learfield hires the entire production staff, produces the content and sells it to the media outlet, rather than using the outlet's personnel.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Color analyst is to be required for all mandatory sports broadcasts per bid requirement. Football gets a sideline reporter as well.
    I guess that means Bobby Neveaux may help Steve again with softball and he was excellent in that role. I know he does HS basketball now but if he gets paid for softball maybe he can give that up.

FB has a color guy now in Richie Falgout and they have a sideline reporter as well. Baseball now has a color guy with Brad Topham doing home games and an SID type person on the road. Basketball is the only sport without a color guy on the broadcasts. Not sure who would be good in that role. Of course it does not have to a be local guy. They can advertise nationally to find someone.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'm telling you Mike, 107.9 FM isn't a valid station past the Acadiana area. It barely catchable in Metairie on a car radio and not at all on my home radios. I'm using the Pup everywhere past a 50 mile radius.

The Pup is actually for people interested in UL athletics. I've completely gone to the satellite radio for anything not UL in sports.
    Metairie on the car radio for 107.9 is much better than 103.7. I lose it once I get off the Basin Bridge when headed east on I-10.

Blog Entries

88.7 People

Louisiana's Flagship KRVS

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I am hoping that Learfield hires the entire production staff, produces the content and sells it to the media outlet, rather than using the outlet's personnel.
    I think that is the plan. They can choose to hire the outlet's personnel however.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by TonaldDrump View Post
    This is incorrect. Coach will still receive the same money he was getting. It will be up to Learfield to sell the outfield wall.
    Except the wall pricing will be going up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Sportstalk shows do not and will not have anything to do with this. The only thing Learfield will control is what stations broadcast the games.
    It is my understanding the Learfield will have some say in the play-by-play talent, not just the stations that broadcast the games. Most of their contracts with Universities allow some voice in the final decision, but Learfield makes the final determination for on air talent. See their agreement with Clemson and Toledo as examples.

https://toledo.rivals.com/news/brent...play-announcer

Blog Entries

I think that is the plan. They can choose to hire the outlet's personnel however.
    Yes, but they have the final decision on contracting media on air talent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

Stevie P can stay home and do the pregame radio shows.

Falgout should be the on the field reporter.

G should be legally required to be the permanent color guy in the booth.

All coach's shows need to be on the FM.
    We hired them and we should let them do their jobs. The university has some input in the final decision as well.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Metairie on the car radio for 107.9 is much better than 103.7. I lose it once I get off the Basin Bridge when headed east on I-10.
    The point is neither is worth worrying about outside Acadiana. The Pup is far more consistent, my audio of choice. In Acadiana both stations work ok.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Don's health is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    It is my understanding the Learfield will have some say in the play-by-play talent, not just the stations that broadcast the games. Most of their contracts with Universities allow some voice in the final decision, but Learfield makes the final determination for on air talent. See their agreement with Clemson and Toledo as examples.

https://toledo.rivals.com/news/brent...play-announcer
    You are correct my point is that Learfield will not control content of a station outside of the UL games, pre/post games and coach's show. What a station does on its own dime is none of Learfield's concern.

I am hearing that UL is ok with the play-by-play people and as long as UL is ok, Learfield is ok.

You are correct my point is that Learfield will not control content of a station outside of the UL games, pre/post games and coach's show. What a station does on its own dime is none of Learfield's concern.

I am hearing that UL is ok with the play-by-play people and as long as UL is ok, Learfield is ok.

If they are OK with the play by play folks, it likely won't change. They will still need to hire the color commentators however. I will be interested in how those positions are filled.

If they are OK with the play by play folks, it likely won't change. They will still need to hire the color commentators however. I will be interested in how those positions are filled.
    Yes but also remember Learfield must come to terms with Townsquare Media before Jay and Steve can call the games. I have no clue on who they will contract for color. As CajunT mention earlier, all contracts are different. Even among sun belt conference members the contract is different.

Blog Entries

I'm not debating either, I'm simply addressing the statement that Learfield only controls the stations. I haven't read the contract with UL yet, but given their standard agreement with a number of athletic programs, they can control on air media talent with input from the client.

As per what you've heard, I have not heard that UL is okay or not with the current lineup. I haven't asked and I really don't care as long as the revenue is delivered as promised.

I'm not debating either, I'm simply addressing the statement that Learfield only controls the stations. I haven't read the contract with UL yet, but given their standard agreement with a number of athletic programs, they can control on air media talent with input from the client.
    Yes, but they can't or won't control what the station puts over it's airways. Yes, they probably will have a right to what their on-air personalty says when not doing UL games.

Blog Entries

Yes, but they can't or won't control what the station puts over it's airways. Yes, they probably will have a right to what their on-air personalty says when not doing UL games.
    Nowhere did I say anything about Learfield controlling on air content. I don't even know where that argument comes from. My point was that Learfield can hire their own on-air talent as outlined in a number of their agreements with other athletic programs like Toledo and Clemson, just to name a few. No one is talking about controlling program content daily or even what the on-air talent is limited to in other on-air formats.

Nowhere did I say anything about Learfield controlling on air content. I don't even know where that argument comes from. My point was that Learfield can hire their own on-air talent as outlined in a number of their agreements with other athletic programs like Toledo and Clemson, just to name a few. No one is talking about controlling program content daily or even what the on-air talent is limited to in other on-air formats.
    Sorry mixing up different conversations. Someone early mentioned programing on a station. I apoligize.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast