_ _ _ _
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: LA Athletics and Learfield Announce 10-Year Partnership

Default Re: LA Athletics and Learfield Announce 10-Year Partnership

Other than naming the "new" flagship broadcast outlet,Learfield won't have much to do with coverage area of game broadcasts, other than picking a station with the largest coverage...all of the "I can't hear.." Issues are FCC issues.

Quote Originally Posted by TonaldDrump View Post
    Correct, but if the games are not broadcasted on Townsquare media stations, he can not call the games. I am not sure what your comment is in regards to.
    It's in regards to the guys who speak of Syracuse and LSU 1st and everyone else 2nd on 103.7.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    True...but I don't think we'll add many fans, if any, on game broadcast alone....having a primarily UL sports talk shows that reaches at least outside of Lafayette Highs school district is what will help grow the interest in UL athletics....I travel quite a bit...I'm not listening to a random game broadcast on the radio when driving...however...I'll listen to sports talk...
    Sportstalk shows do not and will not have anything to do with this. The only thing Learfield will control is what stations broadcast the games.

Correct, but if the games are not broadcasted on Townsquare media stations, he can not call the games. I am not sure what your comment is in regards to.
    He also said he wasn't interested in working for any rival company. (I assume that's after his non-compete expires.)

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Sportstalk shows do not and will not have anything to do with this. The only thing Learfield will control is what stations broadcast the games.
    I'm suggesting the old argument of moving kpel to FM permanently...good luck having more than 100 people listen to the coaches show on the dinosaur channel

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    If they're a marketing company...they should definitely be in control of all UL functions on the radio...coaches shows included....and determine what station casts the largest net to catch listeners...

If they're a marketing company...they should definitely be in control of all UL functions on the radio...coaches shows included....and determine what station casts the largest net to catch listeners...
    Coach's shows are a different animal than the day to operations of any business/station.

Coach Napier said he is assigning 4 coaches to recruit the Houston market, arguable the best in the country. It would be nice to see a UL Coaches Show broadcast in Houston along with P5 schools around Texas and other states. Need to make a statement in Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Coach Napier said he is assigning 4 coaches to recruit the Houston market, arguable the best in the country. It would be nice to see a UL Coaches Show broadcast in Houston along with P5 schools around Texas and other states. Need to make a statement in Houston.
    You may get your wish. My understanding is they are looking to get into the Houston market. Now you still have to have a station that is willing to carry the different events.

I think the biggest heartburn I have in all of this (other than the 'possibility' of Schultz calling games) is the outfield wall advertisements for baseball. It is my understanding that money will now all go to Learfield. Robe started that with NOTHING and has worked for years to make that revenue for baseball. I am curious as to how, or if, that share of the 14 million can get distributed back to him.

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    I think the biggest heartburn I have in all of this (other than the 'possibility' of Schultz calling games) is the outfield wall advertisements for baseball. It is my understanding that money will now all go to Learfield. Robe started that with NOTHING and has worked for years to make that revenue for baseball. I am curious as to how, or if, that share of the 14 million can get distributed back to him.
    This is incorrect. Coach will still receive the same money he was getting. It will be up to Learfield to sell the outfield wall.

How many times will we be bumped for lsu or Astros? You can use the radiopup or the new espn1420 to catch the game anywhere in the world. Jay mentioned on his show yesterday that he has a non-compete, he can not leave 1420. You also want the clown that makes fun of us in the morning calling our games. I say carry his condescending ___ back up north.
    my argument is we aren't going to get these people from around the world to come to games on Saturday but we sure as hell can get those that we can reach say 50 miles further that what we can reach with the dinosaur AM station we have now.

So, here is the advantage of using Lierfield, aside from which radio outlet is used. Say Iberia Bank for example..one stop shop for Iberia Bank...broadcast spot,signage, programs, walls, etc get bundled together, packaged if you will, instead of paying 3 or 4 different "vendors"...IB gets more value for its money, ul gets more revenue as the pricing is uniformed and consistent, even if it is, and should be more expensive. You'll see more product marketing, more corporate ads, more national brands, and less Spidel Florest first downs and carnival like Sonic throw s ball through a hole on field stunts...It will be polished and professional.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    It's in regards to the guys who speak of Syracuse and LSU 1st and everyone else 2nd on 103.7.
    Schultz openly supports UL. His show is the only show on 103.7 that mostly talks about UL athletics. He talks very little about Syracuse.

Is Schultz critical of UL? Sure.
    I like him because he isn't afraid to tell it like it is. Good and Bad

Quote Originally Posted by mxt3999 View Post
    Schultz openly supports UL. His show is the only show on 103.7 that mostly talks about UL athletics. He talks very little about Syracuse.

Is Schultz critical of UL? Sure.
    I like him because he isn't afraid to tell it like it is. Good and Bad
    Hey Dave....what's going on?...

You may get your wish. My understanding is they are looking to get into the Houston market. Now you still have to have a station that is willing to carry the different events.
    Their are sports stations on Direct TV that carry all of the Football Coaches shows. Learfield need to set that up for us.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    my argument is we aren't going to get these people from around the world to come to games on Saturday but we sure as hell can get those that we can reach say 50 miles further that what we can reach with the dinosaur AM station we have now.
    Again, the 103.7 FM range is nowhere near that of 107.9 FM. 107.9 is a big advantage for Townsquare. Can Learfield force baseball there as well as coaches shows is a question I cannot answer but it would be a positive for our athletic program. Just like having a color guy for basketball would be a positive. That should be a requirement whichever entity gets the broadcast rights.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Their are sports stations on Direct TV that carry all of the Football Coaches shows. Learfield need to set that up for us.
    Take our new production equipment to the coaches shows and broadcast it via Youtube/Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Again, the 103.7 FM range is nowhere near that of 107.9 FM. 107.9 is a big advantage for Townsquare. Can Learfield force baseball there as well as coaches shows is a question I cannot answer but it would be a positive for our athletic program. Just like having a color guy for basketball would be a positive. That should be a requirement whichever entity gets the broadcast rights.
    Color analyst is to be required for all mandatory sports broadcasts per bid requirement. Football gets a sideline reporter as well.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast