_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: LA Athletics and Learfield Announce 10-Year Partnership

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    You do you. I still don't know how that went down. Sounds like he screwed something up though.
    Be he does. And I do. So there is that.

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I mean, he did acquire the funding, correct?
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: LA Athletics and Learfield Announce 10-Year Partnership

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    This. I'm pretty sure Scott Farmer was the one who put this in motion.
    OMG, go bury yourself in a hole.

Z

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    OMG, go bury yourself in a hole.

Z
    ...I was relating the Sonny Mouton Cajun Dome funding as was told to me...he got the funding for the dome and it was built....however there wasn't enough for the inside including seats.....well all agreed that the money needed to be found (and was).....not sure what this strategy is called, but it seems to work!!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I do hope Townsquare get's the contract but they move sports talk to 96.5 FM ..
    This

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

TownSquare wants to talk about the broad spectrum of covered sports. Money is the universal lubrican not coverage. Unless the monies really close the spectrum won't matter. Honestly if the other sports are making money, then it shouldn't matter. If they're loss leaders, too bad.

You guys are too easy. 🎣

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    TownSquare wants to talk about the broad spectrum of covered sports. Money is the universal lubrican not coverage. Unless the monies really close the spectrum won't matter. Honestly if the other sports are making money, then it shouldn't matter. If they're loss leaders, too bad.
    I have no doubt Learfield will think this way because the only thing that matters to them is the bottom line. What does that mean for all our other sports though? If one single station purchases the rights to everything, what happens when baseball and basketball are playing at the same time?

Default Re: Athletics: Ragin' Cajuns, Learfield Announce 10-Year Partnership

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    You having first hand knowledge of Townsquare's contractual rights to a specific date, sounds like you are an employee. Having the broadcast rights does have it's perks.
    No. But it just makes sense their contract would run from summer to summer as opposed to calendar year to calendar year, because of how the sports fall. Most fiscal years end June 30.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    No. But it just makes sense their contract would run from summer to summer as opposed to calendar year to calendar year, because of how the sports fall. Most fiscal years end June 30.
    .....So do we make more than McN or NTS....If so or not .......WHY???

I'm on the road today, but if someone wants the Learfield contract and the Townswuare contract, I can email so you can post it.

PM me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I've never heard of a basketball broadcast setup changing in January (midseason) so I suspect you are right.

All I know is coming back from Morgan City the other day It took me untill almost Young Road in Broussard to pick up 1420. I was catching 103.7 almost in Franklin! Now how beneficial is it to have a station that hangs their hat on carrying all sports and a sup par talk radio when your missing out on that much more listeners. And After dark I'm sure that range shrinks even more when you have your coaches shows and games! To me its a no brainer to switch even, hell bring Jay Walker to the new station if you still want him calling games.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .....So do we make more than McN or NTS....If so or not .......WHY???
    Yes.....with the potential to make more....

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    All I know is coming back from Morgan City the other day It took me untill almost Young Road in Broussard to pick up 1420. I was catching 103.7 almost in Franklin! Now how beneficial is it to have a station that hangs their hat on carrying all sports and a sup par talk radio when your missing out on that much more listeners. And After dark I'm sure that range shrinks even more when you have your coaches shows and games! To me its a no brainer to switch even, hell bring Jay Walker to the new station if you still want him calling games.
    How many times will we be bumped for lsu or Astros? You can use the radiopup or the new espn1420 to catch the game anywhere in the world. Jay mentioned on his show yesterday that he has a non-compete, he can not leave 1420. You also want the clown that makes fun of us in the morning calling our games. I say carry his condescending ___ back up north.

Quote Originally Posted by TonaldDrump View Post
    How many times will we be bumped for lsu or Astros? You can use the radiopup or the new espn1420 to catch the game anywhere in the world. Jay mentioned on his show yesterday that he has a non-compete, he can not leave 1420. You also want the clown that makes fun of us in the morning calling our games. I say carry his condescending ___ back up north.
    Maggard gets to approve the broadcast crew selected for UL games as part of the media rights package.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Maggard gets to approve the broadcast crew selected for UL games as part of the media rights package.
    Correct, but if the games are not broadcasted on Townsquare media stations, he can not call the games. I am not sure what your comment is in regards to.

Quote Originally Posted by TonaldDrump View Post
    I agree with all that you say here...but the problem with radioPup or kpel app is that no one outside of ULs small circle knows to listen to it...if kpel was on FM station....any casual sports fan scrolling through channels could pick it up...and hear UL sports talk...

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I agree with all that you say here...but the problem with radioPup or kpel app is that no one outside of ULs small circle knows to listen to it...if kpel was on FM station....any casual sports fan scrolling through channels could pick it up...and hear UL sports talk...
    Townsquare does have an advantage in it's 107.9 station is powerful, goes almost all the way to New Orleans which the competitor does not have. I think a requirement should be baseball goes to that venue in addition to men's basketball and football (which they now have). I also think they should require a color guy to the basketball broadcasts. Every other major school has that and it does add a lot to the broadcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Townsquare does have an advantage in it's 107.9 station is powerful, goes almost all the way to New Orleans which the competitor does not have. I think a requirement should be baseball goes to that venue in addition to men's basketball and football (which they now have). I also think they should require a color guy to the basketball broadcasts. Every other major school has that and it does add a lot to the broadcasts.
    True...but I don't think we'll add many fans, if any, on game broadcast alone....having a primarily UL sports talk shows that reaches at least outside of Lafayette Highs school district is what will help grow the interest in UL athletics....I travel quite a bit...I'm not listening to a random game broadcast on the radio when driving...however...I'll listen to sports talk...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast