_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: LA Athletics and Learfield Announce 10-Year Partnership

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Because like you said, once the Alden report was released the wheels started turning ASAP. Farmer was our AD at the time.
    Let's give Farmer credit for the baseball stadium too since "he was our AD at the time."

Default Re: LA Athletics and Learfield Announce 10-Year Partnership

LOL, that actually confirms what I said. Thanks for proving that I was correct. "Largely unaddressed" literally means that work had been done to address it. Maybe not much, but some. And that's what I said.

I never said Farmer did a good job at it or that he deserves all the credit for it. Im not that far up the ___es of people in the Athetic Dept. to know the specifics of how this deal evolved. But he did get the ball rolling on it.

Let's be honest with ourselves. The Learfield deal would've never gotten done had Farmer still been around. Getting it started doesn't just mean "let's talk about it." It means actually getting things done.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Let's give Farmer credit for the baseball stadium too since "he was our AD at the time."
    You do you. I still don't know how that went down. Sounds like he screwed something up though.

Project was scheduled to start in June 2016. The money was never there when it should've been.

Project was scheduled to start in June 2016. The money was never there when it should've been.
    What was farmers role in that?

Overlooking the project, raising the money, and not telling people that the money was there when it wasn't.

LOL, that actually confirms what I said. Thanks for proving that I was correct. "Largely unaddressed" literally means that work had been done to address it. Maybe not much, but some. And that's what I said.

I never said Farmer did a good job at it or that he deserves all the credit for it. Im not that far up the ___es of people in the Athetic Dept. to know the specifics of how this deal evolved. But he did get the ball rolling on it.
    You are right this is all the work he did to get the ball rolling http://bfy.tw/GwYo

Overlooking the project, raising the money, and not telling people that the money was there when it wasn't.
    You mean not telling people the money wasn't there?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Athletics: Ragin' Cajuns, Learfield Announce 10-Year Partnership

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Maybe. But ESPN1420 and Townsquare are the rights holders until June 30. And, having a vested interest in this, they probably worked pretty hard to get details.
    You having first hand knowledge of Townsquare's contractual rights to a specific date, sounds like you are an employee. Having the broadcast rights does have it's perks.

This whole time I thought you were just being annoying on purpose... It just dawned on me that you may actually be that dumb..

Blog Entries

What was farmers role in that?
    Farmer's role in that was standing side-by-side his president in front of major donors seeking funds for the project and making the statement that over 60% of the funds had been raised or pledged, and it was just a matter of transferring the funds to begin the project. He made the same statement in front of the UL System Board in seeking the final approval of the project, which is why he was held accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    You having first hand knowledge of Townsquare's contractual rights to a specific date, sounds like you are an employee. Having the broadcast rights does have it's perks.
    I do hope Townsquare get's the contract but they move sports talk to 96.5 FM ..

You do you. I still don't know how that went down. Sounds like he screwed something up though.
    Hard to know anything when you walk around with your head up your ___.. 🙄

Blog Entries

This. I'm pretty sure Scott Farmer was the one who put this in motion.
    So let's go back and read the Alden report on the lost revenue opportunities from media rights and branding. If Farmer had a plan, none of his subordinates had ever seen it when meeting with Dr. Alden and the media consultants. Scott Farmer was asked to attend those meetings and he refused and in addition to those meetings he was asked to produce his plan and told them it was sitting on his shelf in his office. So, if indeed Scott Farmer was responsible for getting the media rights discussion on the table, why did he not produce his plan and why hadn't any of his subordinates seen it? The simple answer would be he was insubordinate until the end because they found his knowledge on the subject less than helpful, or he just didn't have the tools to get is done. In either case, his own actions led to his exit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I do hope Townsquare get's the contract but they move sports talk to 96.5 FM ..
    I have no dog in the hunt, but I would think that having the recognized voice of the Ragin Cajuns carries some weight.

I mean, he did acquire the funding, correct?

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Yep. He walked into T-Joe's office, said "you remember that money I said we had, well we don't".

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Yep. He walked into T-Joe's office, said "you remember that money I said we had, well we don't".
    Then proceeded to have the best radio interview of his life .. When did you learn you were short on money "ummm fall.... no spring ...wait maybe June "

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Yeah, he had to
    1. Pick up the phone
    2. Diaaaaaaaaal the number
    3. Be amazed

"call the loaaaannn phooonnne."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast