_ _ _ _
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 127

Thread: Jordan Brown

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,916
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Turbine....Never mind.
    Why do you think realtors stage homes? They are recruiting to the imagination. It doesn't matter if it is a P5 home or a mid major, all recruiting is recruiting to the imagination.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,057

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Why do you think realtors stage homes? They are recruiting to the imagination. It doesn't matter if it is a P5 home or a mid major, all recruiting is recruiting to the imagination.
    And every blue blood out there that is recruiting Brown to his imagination. They just have a bigger and brighter fantasy world to rope him in to.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,916
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    And every blue blood out there that is recruiting Brown to his imagination. They just have a bigger and brighter fantasy world to rope him in to.
    That is very true, but it also explains why every "great" HS player doesn't turn out to be a great College player, with overly deep benches having a long history of talent dying on the bench.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Just saw that he committed to Nevada


  5. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,057

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    Just saw that he committed to Nevada
    That sucks. Good luck to him.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Metairie,LA
    Posts
    3,911

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Bummer. It will be interesting to see how well he does.


  7. #107
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    Just saw that he committed to Nevada
    Not a surprise to me. Close to his home and a good program Wonder where we go from here. Perhaps we stand pat

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,028

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Would have had to make the touny or at least make a run in the NIT .. big game failed to do anyone of those


  9. #109
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,027

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Not a surprise to me. Close to his home and a good program Wonder where we go from here. Perhaps we stand pat
    We should stand pat unless we've got somebody that can help us. A really good juco ties up a scholarship two years. He's going to have to add something besides practice and deep backup.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,916
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Neva da good choice.


  11. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,057

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Not a surprise to me. Close to his home and a good program Wonder where we go from here. Perhaps we stand pat
    They had a nice year but I won't get ahead of myself and start labeling them as a "good" program.

  12. #112
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We should stand pat unless we've got somebody that can help us. A really good juco ties up a scholarship two years. He's going to have to add something besides practice and deep backup.
    We won't take anyone that cannot contribute immediately.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,555
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    They had a nice year but I won't get ahead of myself and start labeling them as a "good" program.
    Going to disagree with you, while they are not elite they do have a higher profile program and are in a better conference. Perception matters and they are closer to home for him.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Broussard, La
    Posts
    1,194

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Should have pulled an Nmdomican and offered his dad a position as head of the medical school and a million dollar signing bonus... Oh wait we don't have a med school or a million dollars. LoL


  15. #115
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Going to disagree with you, while they are not elite they do have a higher profile program and are in a better conference. Perception matters and they are closer to home for him.
    They got to Sweet 16 this year.

  16. #116
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    19,059

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    They got to Sweet 16 this year.
    ......So who thought thatBartley wasn't going to finish at his first school? We need to be in line if he would transfer
    .......had some of the best at UL transfer in!!!

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    2,500

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Would have had to make the touny or at least make a run in the NIT .. big game failed to do anyone of those
    Barring a championship of some kind, very few people make a decision like that based on one year that they weren't a part of. Right now, Jordan Brown's objective is likely "get to the NBA as soon as possible." The more exposure he can get, the better, and Nevada will be on a lot more TV screens than the Ragin' Cajuns over the next year or two. It's just a fact of life, and will be as long as we're stuck here "rising together."

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,306
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ......So who thought thatBartley wasn't going to finish at his first school? We need to be in line if he would transfer
    .......had some of the best at UL transfer in!!!
    If he does decide to leave Nevada would he not be headed to NBA?

  19. #119
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,084

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    If he does decide to leave Nevada would he not be headed to NBA?
    60 people are drafted every year and only 30 have guaranteed incomes. About half of the second rounders stick meaning there are about 40 to 50 rookies in the NBA each year. This year alone over 60 underclassmen expressed interest in entering draft class. The one and done thing is overblown in my mind for most players-huge majority in fact. Not sure if Brown is at that level. He needed to make a decision planning where he would be the next few years. Fact that he decided to stay close to home tells me he considered that he might not be a one and done guy.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Barring a championship of some kind, very few people make a decision like that based on one year that they weren't a part of. Right now, Jordan Brown's objective is likely "get to the NBA as soon as possible." The more exposure he can get, the better, and Nevada will be on a lot more TV screens than the Ragin' Cajuns over the next year or two. It's just a fact of life, and will be as long as we're stuck here "rising together."
    One thing that hasn't been mentioned about Nevada and why Brown may have decided to select that school is that their head coach is a former NBA head coach. I'm sure his NBA experience plus his current success at Nevada played a big part in Brown's selection.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •