_ _ _ _
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Brown

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I think Lanny was saying this roster would have not competed the same in the AAC.

Btw, AAC had several teams in the top 100 RPI. Do we need Charlie to repeat our record against top 100 in the last 8 years? Did we beat a single top 100 team last year? I think one.
    We would have gotten those top 100 teams at Home and if before health took a toll, we would have beAten some of them.

Default Re: Jordan Brown

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    He doesn't need national coverage to make it to the NBA. He needs NBA scouts to look at him and he'll get that here. Elfrid is proof that he will get seen by whoever needs to see him.

He also doesn't seem like the type of person who craves national attention. I don't think that's what's driving this kids decision.

I should remind you that recruiting websites are about as reliable as the National Enquirer. From what I hear the coaching staff feels like we are still very much in the mix. Are they being overly optimistic? Who the hell knows?
    You are correct about most stated above except most kids, humble or not, still want the spotlight and attention being associated with a larger program brings. These kids grow up being told they are the best and feel like they can compete with the best. Humble or not these programs are always a bigger attraction to a guy like Brown. Also, I'm curious to know why he has taken so long to make a decision? Is it that the spotlight is on him as one of the only highly ranked guys in the country to not make a decision and programs are showing him some love right now? Could be a reason.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm thinking he's got great parents, and not seeking glory for glory sake. Instead I'm thinking he's torn and really wants to do the best thing for his future development.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'm thinking he's got great parents, and not seeking glory for glory sake. Instead I'm thinking he's torn and really wants to do the best thing for his future development.
    When you have the leverage to take your time, it's foolish not to.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Elfrid was a unique case.
    Of course he was. What was his "star" rating out of high school? What other schools were recruiting him?

Elfrid started 11 of 32 games his freshman year. Would Brown start less than half?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Great players want to play with and against great players. That is the ultimate player development. Coaches help but players are the ones that have to put the work in to improve. It's hard to fault a kid for wanting to play in front of large crowds and on TV. He does have great parents and they may very well be telling him to go to Kentucky or St. Johns or UNC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Great players want to play with and against great players. That is the ultimate player development.
    Recruiting to the imagination is a powerful tool.

It also explains why every "great" player doesn't turn out to be a great player any why overly deep benches have such a long history of talent dying on the pine.

Great players want to play with and against great players. That is the ultimate player development. Coaches help but players are the ones that have to put the work in to improve. It's hard to fault a kid for wanting to play in front of large crowds and on TV. He does have great parents and they may very well be telling him to go to Kentucky or St. Johns or UNC.
    Another huge piece to this. Thanks Zeph

Any word on brown yet?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Recruiting to the imagination is a powerful tool.

It also explains why every "great" player doesn't turn out to be a great player any why overly deep benches have such a long history of talent dying on the pine.
    What "Imagination"? Please elaborate on this gem....

Have to wonder then why Nevada is on his list. He is a West Coast kid and not
    Likely to leave that environment.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Any word on brown yet?!?
    He is not coming to UL.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Nevada is more like his environment than the other competing schools. Nevada is in Reno and less than 2 hours from his home. He is in eastern California. Nevada is much closer to him than all the competitors and they were in the Sweet 16 this past year.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStrong View Post
    He is not coming to UL.
    I thought we were on his final list?

Top 5 probably for respect for his dad's old school, but did not make final three.

Blog Entries

What "Imagination"? Please elaborate on this gem....
    All recruiting is recruiting to the imagination.

Have a little.

Quote Originally Posted by studentfan View Post
    Top 5 probably for respect for his dad's old school, but did not make final three.
    Brown has never publicly listed a top 3. The top 3 was listed as per a source but that source also stated that other schools were still being considered. Arizona was one of those supposed top 3 schools. No way Brown will go to that dumpster fire.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    His family is actually closer to Nevada. They were also in the Elite 8 this year and have a great system.

Until he opened the list up a few weeks ago when he got a flood of attention from some of the larger schools still trying to fill out their board.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    All recruiting is recruiting to the imagination.

Have a little.
    Turbine....Never mind.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast