_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Brown

Default Re: Jordan Brown

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Guys, it's as simple as this.

Why on earth would a top flight recruit come here? It has nothing to do with the school. It has to do with the LEAGUE and the opportunities that would come in it. Zero national attention for the SBC, zero national TV games in primetime, 1 bid league (so your opportunity of getting to the grand stage, NCAA tourney, are greatly reduced), etc etc etc.

Louisiana in the AAC, Jordan Brown is a Cajun already.
    I agree AAC is much better National exposure but we would have got our faces crushed in if we played in the AAC this year

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I agree AAC is much better National exposure but we would have got our faces crushed in if we played in the AAC this year
    I know, I'm just saying, a guy like Brown needs/wants national coverage. He can get it in a league with multiple bids and bigger markets.

I know, I'm just saying, a guy like Brown needs/wants national coverage. He can get it in a league with multiple bids and bigger markets.
    Agreed! We just got courtesy interest out of respect for his father. We are a one in done bid league with no national exposure.

He doesn't need national coverage to make it to the NBA. He needs NBA scouts to look at him and he'll get that here. Elfrid is proof that he will get seen by whoever needs to see him.

He also doesn't seem like the type of person who craves national attention. I don't think that's what's driving this kids decision.

I should remind you that recruiting websites are about as reliable as the National Enquirer. From what I hear the coaching staff feels like we are still very much in the mix. Are they being overly optimistic? Who the hell knows?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    He doesn't need national coverage to make it to the NBA. He needs NBA scouts to look at him and he'll get that here. Elfrid is proof that he will get seen by whoever needs to see him.

He also doesn't seem like the type of person who craves national attention. I don't think that's what's driving this kids decision.

I should remind you that recruiting websites are about as reliable as the National Enquirer. From what I hear the coaching staff feels like we are still very much in the mix. Are they being overly optimistic? Who the hell knows?
    I don't have the energy for you today.

Guys, it's as simple as this.

Why on earth would a top flight recruit come here? It has nothing to do with the school. It has to do with the LEAGUE and the opportunities that would come in it. Zero national attention for the SBC, zero national TV games in primetime, 1 bid league (so your opportunity of getting to the grand stage, NCAA tourney, are greatly reduced), etc etc etc.

Louisiana in the AAC, Jordan Brown is a Cajun already.
    See Elfrid Payton.

I'm not stating that our chances are still in play with Jordan, just that you don't have to be in a big "LEAGUE" to get drafted in the first round. Proof.

I don't have the energy for you today.
    What if he said you were wrong. Could you summon the energy then? For the record I agree with you on this topic. The SBC is not the proper stage for a 5 star athlete. Hell, the SBC refs would probably screw the kid up by calling a foul on him every couple of minutes.
    Now if by some miracle he signs with us, forget what I said. In that case you absolutely made the right decision Jordan!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    See Elfrid Payton.

I'm not stating that our chances are still in play with him, just that you don't have to be in a big "LEAGUE" to get drafted in the first round. Proof.
    Elfrid was a unique case. We can't just look at Elfrid and say "proof".
    EP was on team USA and exposed to a lot of high level NBA people very early on.
    Elfrid went to the NCAA tourney, adding to his exposure.

Elfrid wasn't a possible big money guy, specific to endorsements, agents, etc.
    A McDonald's All American comes with clout, and hangers-on. Totally different situations.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    What if he said you were wrong. Could you summon the energy then? For the record I agree with you on this topic. The SBC is not the proper stage for a 5 star athlete. Hell, the SBC refs would probably screw the kid up by calling a foul on him every couple of minutes.
    Now if by some miracle he signs with us, forget what I said. In that case you absolutely made the right decision Jordan!
    Listen, I really don't want to slap you around today either.

Blog Entries

Elfrid was a unique case. We can't just look at Elfrid and say "proof".
    EP was on team USA and exposed to a lot of high level NBA people very early on.
    Elfrid went to the NCAA tourney, adding to his exposure.

Elfrid wasn't a possible big money guy, specific to endorsements, agents, etc.
    A McDonald's All American comes with clout, and hangers-on. Totally different situations.
    I'm not underselling Jordan Brown, I believe he can do what Elfrid did at Louisiana, and more.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    If we were in the AAC we would have resources available to all members in that league. We likely would have a higher level roster as a result. Fact many miss when they state so and so would struggle in higher level league.

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Lmao.....cajunhawk you are relentless....

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Basketball Re: Jordan Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    If we were in the AAC we would have resources available to all members in that league. We likely would have a higher level roster as a result. Fact many miss when they state so and so would struggle in higher level league.
    Mike I watched TooLame often this year. We absolutely would have beaten more times than not. TooLame didn't get crushed. We'd have made the NCAA in the AAC.

I think Lanny was saying this roster would have not competed the same in the AAC.

Btw, AAC had several teams in the top 100 RPI. Do we need Charlie to repeat our record against top 100 in the last 8 years? Did we beat a single top 100 team last year? I think one.

I think Lanny was saying this roster would have not competed the same in the AAC.

Btw, AAC had several teams in the top 100 RPI. Do we need Charlie to repeat our record against top 100 in the last 8 years? Did we beat a single top 100 team last year? I think one.
    Same roster as this year we might have been in 10th place at best
    Same roster we would not hav

Listen, I really don't want to slap you around today either.
    I can take it. It's not enough that I am agreeing with you. Do I need to throw you a parade also?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Yes. It is much easier to get SEC level players when you are just one rung below as far as exposure and dollars. If we were somehow magically put into the AAC we would not struggle for very long.

RcL8 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I'll gladly trade one Jordan for another 😊

I can take it. It's not enough that I am agreeing with you. Do I need to throw you a parade also?
    He gonna tear off ya head and s-h-_-t in ya neck

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast