_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 127

Thread: Jordan Brown

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,410

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Good thing about being in the hunt late on brown is even if he goes to UCLA, if it doesn't work out for him there I would think we would be high on the transfer list.


  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,516

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    I think Marlin's ability to get players that end up in the NBA will help a lot. I also think it would be a huge shot in the arm for our program, mostly because of timing. A successful season and national coverage during NIT fiasco will have LOUISIANA fresh in the basketball media. Landing Jordan would be a shot heard around the NCAAB world.

    Then, adopt the "have ball, will travel" moto until coaches agree to come play us in the Dome.


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,364

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I was told the surgery occurred back in February for Julien. Still coaches don't think he will be available until Christmas.
    I spoke with someone two days ago that discussed this with him and said he hadn't had it yet.

  4. #24
    RcL8 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,216

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    He was wearing a "bonafied ragin cajun" shirt for the LR game. He's a lock


  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    6,360
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I think Marlin's ability to get players that end up in the NBA will help a lot. I also think it would be a huge shot in the arm for our program, mostly because of timing. A successful season and national coverage during NIT fiasco will have LOUISIANA fresh in the basketball media. Landing Jordan would be a shot heard around the NCAAB world.

    Then, adopt the "have ball, will travel" moto until coaches agree to come play us in the Dome.
    Landing Jordan would get the ncaa sniffing around just like when we got that big man from cecila. Boudreaux was it?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Slidell
    Posts
    585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    This kid would absolutely be a program changer for us. I think one of the big differences in us and some of the better mid major and P5 programs out there is the athleticism on the front line. We have some hefty's out there and they are below the rim guys who get eaten up by the more athletic big men we play against in better teams. Having a guy like Jordan would obviously help negate that.

    I'm curious to see where Julien will be with rehab as well. Some indications I've heard suggest he is not planning to redshirt next season. Problem is that he still has not had his surgery as of this past weekend. To me, that would put the earliest return time to be sometime in December or January. Not much time to get him acclimated to the college game.
    I have always been a proponent of Redshirting if it's available and someone isn't going to be able to play 1/3 of a season or won't be at 100%. I think Julien, Wesley, and Gladney are the future foundation of this program, I would hate to see him rushed back and it turn into a habitual injury.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,230

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Good thing about being in the hunt late on brown is even if he goes to UCLA, if it doesn't work out for him there I would think we would be high on the transfer list.
    im not sure transferring is really on his mind, alot of people or projecting him as a 1 and done. i think that helps the cajuns chances, being that he doesnt seem married to a school, more doing it because its in the rule book.

    hopefully he throws his dad a bone.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I would hate to see him rushed back and it turn into a habitual injury.
    Watched that ESPN doc on Sam Bowie last night...exact story of his career...

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    im not sure transferring is really on his mind, alot of people or projecting him as a 1 and done. i think that helps the cajuns chances, being that he doesnt seem married to a school, more doing it because its in the rule book.

    hopefully he throws his dad a bone.
    I say we tell him...either you commit here...or the number in the rafters is coming down...














    Just joking...

  10. #30
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,832

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I say we tell him...either you commit here...or the number in the rafters is coming down...














    Just joking...
    No number in the rafters for Dion.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    No number in the rafters for Dion.
    Well fine, commit here and we will put your dads number in the rafters haha

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    No number in the rafters for Dion.
    Damn...you're right...it was HOF, not retired number ceremony...haha...oh well, his HOF Card will get revoked

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,364

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I was told the surgery occurred back in February for Julien. Still coaches don't think he will be available until Christmas.
    Mike, I think you were right. We checked and it looked like he got the surgery done a few weeks ago.

  14. #34
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,572

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Mike, I think you were right. We checked and it looked like he got the surgery done a few weeks ago.
    Thanks for clarification. I thought I remembered Coach Marlin mentioning that at a Rebounders meeting.

  15. #35
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,462

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Watched that ESPN doc on Sam Bowie last night...exact story of his career...
    I'm sure you can find dozens of players who came back and did well, and dozens who red shirted and didn't do well. You're likely to find everything in between.

    I'm going to trust the doctors and trainers to provide this young man with everything he needs. IMO if fully healthy he could come back as late as mid January and still be a force in the season. It's really an individual thing.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,620

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Any update? Aren't we in the signing window for bball?


  17. #37
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,572

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Any update? Aren't we in the signing window for bball?
    Signing period started yesterday. It goes for about one month. As far as I know, Brown has not yet made a decision. Of course he may have and I just have not heard about it.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    999

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    He still has another visit he could take. I've heard from a couple people that know basketball staff members and they feel they have a really good shot to sign him. Personally, I think he's going to stay on the west coast. It was still a cool thing that we actually were one of his official visits.


  19. #39
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,572

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    He still has another visit he could take. I've heard from a couple people that know basketball staff members and they feel they have a really good shot to sign him. Personally, I think he's going to stay on the west coast. It was still a cool thing that we actually were one of his official visits.

    If he stays out west, don't be surprised if he chooses a place not quite on the coast. Nevada is likely an option for him according to my sources. They were in the Sweet 16 this past season and is closer to his home than any other school he is considering.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    702

    Default Re: Jordan Brown

    Don't give him any ideas Mike. He would definitely love it here in Louisiana and be welcomed with open arms. Very few people have gone to our university and not totally fell in love with it.
    Those west coast schools are a different story.


Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •