_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 98

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 85, Arkansas State 74

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    747

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 85, Arkansas State 74

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    High ankle. Damn. That could nag him for weeks. I say sit him until the SBC final, depending on matchups.

    Let Ced jack some shots up for a week.
    I realize you didn't mean it in a literal term (unless of course, you did) but one thing I thought about last night is Cedric Russell takes very few bad shots especially later in the season.

    Shooters shoot. He is very disciplined for a freshman.

    He doesn't jack it up and I'm a bit surprised about that.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I realize you didn't mean it in a literal term (unless of course, you did) but one thing I thought about last night is Cedric Russell takes very few bad shots especially later in the season.

    Shooters shoot. He is very disciplined for a freshman.

    He doesn't jack it up and I'm a bit surprised about that.
    No, in this instance, I meant let him shoot. The kid should have a continuous green light. I can remember maybe once where I thought "bad shot", and IIRC, it was pretty much a 'heat check' after making 3-4 shots in a row.

    Could turnout that getting more shots up gets him into a good rhythm going into the dance..

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    No, in this instance, I meant let him shoot. The kid should have a continuous green light. I can remember maybe once where I thought "bad shot", and IIRC, it was pretty much a 'heat check' after making 3-4 shots in a row.

    Could turnout that getting more shots up gets him into a good rhythm going into the dance..
    I agree, evetytime he catches the ball even 5 feet behind the line, i want him to shoot

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 85, Arkansas State 74

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Marlin said after the game the decision to play Stove in the second half was because the trainer wanted him out on the court to run up and down a little bit.

    It's a high ankle sprain. Those are painful as hell. Marlin said it was a significant injury and he might not be able to go on Saturday.
    Sounds kind of ridiculous to want "to run up and down a little bit" on a high ankle sprain. What would be that rationale?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,101

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 85, Arkansas State 74

    Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    I agree, evetytime he catches the ball even 5 feet behind the line, i want him to shoot
    Speaking of which, was that PJ who hit about a 25+ footer in the second half? Couldn't see his number, but I do think an usher tried to check his ticket to make sure he was in the correct seat.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,343

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 85, Arkansas State 74

    I'd like to add, as a Cajun fan my whole life, now living in Houston with a wife who is a UH grad, we are heads and shoulders better than UH (I've watched multiple games by both teams this year) yet they are ranked in the top 25. God I hate the Sun Belt


  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    747

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 85, Arkansas State 74

    Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Sounds kind of ridiculous to want "to run up and down a little bit" on a high ankle sprain. What would be that rationale?
    He also had him running a bit in the hall at halftime.

    Now I'm not a trainer. But BJ Duplantis is VERY good. I trust him implicitly.

  8. #68
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    He also had him running a bit in the hall at halftime.

    Now I'm not a trainer. But BJ Duplantis is VERY good. I trust him implicitly.
    If he plays tomorrow night it may be no more than a couple of minutes. He needs to be ready to go next week. Good to see MArquetti have a good floor game last night. He needs to be able to step up if Stove is out for awhile. Also coaching staff needs an attaboy last night for a good adjustment. Bryce needed to come out so Miller goes in. It was a bad matchup due to ARk State goinf Small and being quick off the dribble. Therefore Davis goes in ans next thing you know Cajuns go on a run and grab a double digit lead. Davis didn't do anything spectacular. He was able to guard appropriately which is what was needed. Shows versatility of team.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    No, in this instance, I meant let him shoot. The kid should have a continuous green light. I can remember maybe once where I thought "bad shot", and IIRC, it was pretty much a 'heat check' after making 3-4 shots in a row.

    Could turnout that getting more shots up gets him into a good rhythm going into the dance..
    He needs to be treated like Hayward Register was...when in the game...if you've got an opening...take it...now, just don't put up Register results haha

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    747

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 85, Arkansas State 74

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    If he plays tomorrow night it may be no more than a couple of minutes. He needs to be ready to go next week. Good to see MArquetti have a good floor game last night. He needs to be able to step up if Stove is out for awhile. Also coaching staff needs an attaboy last night for a good adjustment. Bryce needed to come out so Miller goes in. It was a bad matchup due to ARk State goinf Small and being quick off the dribble. Therefore Davis goes in ans next thing you know Cajuns go on a run and grab a double digit lead. Davis didn't do anything spectacular. He was able to guard appropriately which is what was needed. Shows versatility of team.
    While you are correct, Miller's back was acting up which is why he was out quickly.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,218

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 85, Arkansas State 74

    Justin seems pretty banged up still. He was moving verrryy gingerly and barely could get off ground, way more so than usual.

    He he heals up some more before next week


  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Iberia Parish
    Posts
    2,307

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 85, Arkansas State 74

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Speaking of which, was that PJ who hit about a 25+ footer in the second half? Couldn't see his number, but I do think an usher tried to check his ticket to make sure he was in the correct seat.
    P.J.! Reminded me of Kasey.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Iberia Parish
    Posts
    2,307

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 85, Arkansas State 74

    26 wins on the year.
    Wow!


  14. #74
    DieHard1280's Avatar
    DieHard1280 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Harker Heights, TX
    Posts
    5,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    26 wins on the year.
    Wow!
    32 or bust!

  15. #75
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,583

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 85, Arkansas State 74

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    While you are correct, Miller's back was acting up which is why he was out quickly.
    Did not know that. Makes sense that he would have trouble guarding quick guys off the dribble. Basketball is a game that is difficult enough, much more so when your back aches.

  16. #76
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,846

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 85, Arkansas State 74

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Did not know that. Makes sense that he would have trouble guarding quick guys off the dribble. Basketball is a game that is difficult enough, much more so when your back aches.
    I was wondering what was wrong with Miller during introductions. He didn't have his game jersey on then. Thought maybe he left it in the locker room.

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,521
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 85, Arkansas State 74

    Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Sounds kind of ridiculous to want "to run up and down a little bit" on a high ankle sprain. What would be that rationale?
    I've had a high ankle sprain.

    There is no rational for testing it out.

  18. #78
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,666

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 85, Arkansas State 74

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I've had a high ankle sprain.

    There is no rational for testing it out.
    I will take the doctor and trainers opinion over someone's who is not. We have a enough ____ing coaches on this site now we have a bunch of want-to-be doctors.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,521
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 85, Arkansas State 74

    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I will take the doctor and trainers opinion over someone's who is not. We have a enough ____ing coaches on this site now we have a bunch of want-to-be doctors.
    That is not what this is.

    I will take the doctors opinion as well.

    The doctor can do all the extensive testing he needs off the court. He does not need a real game situation to form his "opinion" aka diagnosis.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    747

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 85, Arkansas State 74

    If you don't understand why a trainer wants to get the players up and moving and get the blood flowing in the leg as soon as possible, please do not begin to suggest the trainer doesn't know what he's doing.

    Not directed at anyone. General statement.


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •