_ _ _ _
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 2018 Football Schedule

Default Re: 2018 Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I think it had something to do with adding coastal to the football conference schedule.
    Probably

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    Not arguing any of that. No one likes mid weeks games. I am just saying to the guy that thanked Maggard he had nothing to do with it. Rather or not you like mid games, the fact is we are no longer in the upper echelons, of the worst conference, in the networks or public eyes which is pathetic. Want to avoid mid week TV just stay in the bottom 1/2 of the belt. As soon as we are back on top we will be playing on an ESPN network mid again. It is part of the territory. Id rather be back on top.
    Texas State and Gaso are playing on ESPN as well as South Al .. please explaine

Finally at least 2 October home games on Saturdays! What a relief. Good job!
    True there's no marquee teams coming to Cajun Field. Still we should be able to substantially grow 2018 attendance over last couple seasons and tailgating will prosper too. We need more fans in the stadium, this helps.

DieHard1280 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Enjoy the Saturdays thus season. Once Napier gets us to 8 or 9 wins, we'll be all over the weekday games again. ESPN won't miss us for long.

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    Not arguing any of that. No one likes mid weeks games. I am just saying to the guy that thanked Maggard he had nothing to do with it. Rather or not you like mid games, the fact is we are no longer in the upper echelons, of the worst conference, in the networks or public eyes which is pathetic. Want to avoid mid week TV just stay in the bottom 1/2 of the belt. As soon as we are back on top we will be playing on an ESPN network mid again. It is part of the territory. Id rather be back on top.
    This! While I absolutely love the Saturday games, we have those because we're one of the worst teams in the worst conference in college football.

Blog Entries

I think the consistency of a 7-day cycle for game day preparation is going to be a huge asset.

I say that knowing full well that some opponents will have 10-days to prepare for UL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ragincajun07 View Post
    Pumped about no week day games but does that mean no televised games?
    Last few years.....They are all televised in some form.

I'd rather have all saturday games then play awkward Tuesday games.

In other news, we might have 7 home games...

I got a feeling Napier won't complain about the schedule during his weekly presser like HUD used to do.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post

That's got to sting a bit for the Hoaxsters.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post

Really, TxState?!? I thought we were friends.

I hope they continue to enjoy the 0-fer.

Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    I'd rather have all saturday games then play awkward Tuesday games.

In other news, we might have 7 home games...

I see what you did there.

But, I'll see you and raise you eight (counting the conference championship game).

Long shot this year, but who knows?

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ragincajun07 View Post
    This! While I absolutely love the Saturday games, we have those because we're one of the worst teams in the worst conference in college football.
    Last year the SBC went 4 and 1 in bowl games. That was amongst the better marks in the nation. That may have moved the league out of the last spot. Previous year it was 3rd amongst the G5 leagues. Perception wise, it probably still is considered the weakest league. However, the FACTS indicate that is not the case.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    That's got to sting a bit for the Hoaxsters.
    We are being called Louisiana on a lot of the sites that contain the overall league schedule. Folks in the administration and an anonymous fan have worked hard to help make that happen. A big win could be if CBS goes this route. If we win the conference basketball tournament, having Louisiana show up on the screen come Selection Sunday would please many people.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Probably
    Definitely. Every time there is a change in the membership, the schedule gets blown up and you start over.

It's one of the reasons we got sent to Western Kentucky in hoops as many times as we did.

I like the Saturdays and I like the 6 home games, it's been way overdue. The last few years had many reasons against having good attendance, like midweek games or no October home games or too few home games. Now, it's just the opponent.

My first year without season tickets in some time. I plan on attending a few. Glad we don't have weekday games.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Last year the SBC went 4 and 1 in bowl games. That was amongst the better marks in the nation. That may have moved the league out of the last spot. Previous year it was 3rd amongst the G5 leagues. Perception wise, it probably still is considered the weakest league. However, the FACTS indicate that is not the case.
    I'm not sure what all goes into the cfp ranking but all of different rpi sites I've come across have the sbc ranked last unfortunately.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

We are being called Louisiana on a lot of the sites that contain the overall league schedule. Folks in the administration and an anonymous fan have worked hard to help make that happen. A big win could be if CBS goes this route. If we win the conference basketball tournament, having Louisiana show up on the screen come Selection Sunday would please many people.
    It happened when we played Tennessee.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

If it does, that will mean only home games get televised on Cox. Does not matter to most as all conference games are on ESPN 3.
    It's still better to be on regular cable, just not on a midweek competing with the World Series.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4