_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 80

Thread: 2018 Football Schedule

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Louisiana, duh
    Posts
    15,194

    Default Re: 2018 Football Schedule



  2. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    6,430

    Default Re: 2018 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Louisiana 2018 Football Schedule
    Sat, Sept 1 - vs Grambling
    Sat, Sept 15 - @ Miss St
    Sat, Sept 22 - vs Coastal Carolina
    Sat, Sept 29 - @ Alabama
    Sat, Oct 6 - @ Texas St
    Sat, Oct 13 - vs New Mexico St
    Sat, Oct 20 - @ App St
    Sat, Oct 27 - vs Arkansas St
    Sat, Nov 3 - @ Troy
    Sat, Nov 10 - vs Georgia St
    Sat, Nov 17 - vs S. Alabama
    Sat, Nov 24 - @ ULM


    ALL SATURDAY GAMES?!?!?!?!?!? WTH???!!!???
    Dr. Maggard.....


  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    575

    Default Re: 2018 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Dr. Maggard.....

    That's not a Maggard thing that's an ESPN didn't want us thing. If ESPN wanted us mid week there is nothing Maggard could have done. Conference dictates that. Obviously we have fallen off the radar with them.

  4. #44
    fanof71 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,345

    Default Re: 2018 Football Schedule

    Going to Boone in mid October is well worth the trip, fall colors will be peaking at that time...


  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,554
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2018 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Dr. Maggard.....

    Not an issue for me unless you enjoy weeknight games with kickoffs at 8:30pm and empty stadiums. The viewer numbers in recent years for SBC weeknight games show me there is some regional interest and absolutely zero national interest. So yea , it's all about getting your brand out. Get to the SBC Championship game and our brand will get plenty of attention.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Flagship-Land
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    That's not a Maggard thing that's an ESPN didn't want us thing. If ESPN wanted us mid week there is nothing Maggard could have done. Conference dictates that. Obviously we have fallen off the radar with them.
    Tuesday night games on ESPN2 or U gives us about as much exposure as a UL football tweet being retweeted. Cost benefit analysis. They are not worth it.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Broussard, La
    Posts
    1,193

    Default Re: 2018 Football Schedule

    I'D rather be on Cox in new Orleans and baton rouge on Saturday than on ESPN2 on a Tuesday. ESPN might replay the game once at 2 am while Cox will replay it constantly. It's all about recruits and building a fan base regionally for me.


  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Broussard, La
    Posts
    1,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post

    I've waited years to see this. Almost brings a tear to my eyes. Tears of joy knowing that the 4 ULM fans that are left are getting their panties all in a bunch. Lol

  9. #49
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    811

    Default Re: 2018 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    I've waited years to see this. Almost brings a tear to my eyes. Tears of joy knowing that the 4 ULM fans that are left are getting their panties all in a bunch. Lol
    Their athletics website only refers to us as Ragin Cajuns in the article about their schedule. Every other school is mentioned by school name.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,027

    Default Re: 2018 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    That's not a Maggard thing that's an ESPN didn't want us thing. If ESPN wanted us mid week there is nothing Maggard could have done. Conference dictates that. Obviously we have fallen off the radar with them.
    Fallen off while we were on it sure did a whole lot of good

  11. #51
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,084

    Default Re: 2018 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Hopefully the agreement with Cox Sports means we get some of the Saturday games on TV.
    If it does, that will mean only home games get televised on Cox. Does not matter to most as all conference games are on ESPN 3.

  12. #52
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,084

    Default Re: 2018 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    That's not a Maggard thing that's an ESPN didn't want us thing. If ESPN wanted us mid week there is nothing Maggard could have done. Conference dictates that. Obviously we have fallen off the radar with them.

    I think Dr. Maggard had something to do with this to a degree. I believe he pointed out to conference officials how often we had mid week home games in the past few years. I think he asked if we played in mid week, for it to be on the road. He told me he planned to suggest that no school should have to play two home games around Thanksgiving as we did last season. All schools have attendance issues in mid week. When we were doing well, we would still draw better than anyone else other than Ark. State. That is why they continually stuck us with a mid week game.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragincajun07 View Post
    Pumped about no week day games but does that mean no televised games?
    All of them will be on ESPN3 and one or two may end up on CST

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,914
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: 2018 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    That's not a Maggard thing that's an ESPN didn't want us thing. If ESPN wanted us mid week there is nothing Maggard could have done. Conference dictates that. Obviously we have fallen off the radar with them.
    In an interview last year when fans were complaining about midweek games Maggard made the point that the schedule was completed before he became AD.

    To me this was an acknowledgment that Athletic Directors can exert some influence in this area.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Louisiana, duh
    Posts
    15,194

    Default Re: 2018 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    I've waited years to see this. Almost brings a tear to my eyes. Tears of joy knowing that the 4 ULM fans that are left are getting their panties all in a bunch. Lol
    This is a tweet from the SBC not ULM.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    575

    Default Re: 2018 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    Tuesday night games on ESPN2 or U gives us about as much exposure as a UL football tweet being retweeted. Cost benefit analysis. They are not worth it.
    Not arguing any of that. No one likes mid weeks games. I am just saying to the guy that thanked Maggard he had nothing to do with it. Rather or not you like mid games, the fact is we are no longer in the upper echelons, of the worst conference, in the networks or public eyes which is pathetic. Want to avoid mid week TV just stay in the bottom 1/2 of the belt. As soon as we are back on top we will be playing on an ESPN network mid again. It is part of the territory. Id rather be back on top.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    575

    Default Re: 2018 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Not an issue for me unless you enjoy weeknight games with kickoffs at 8:30pm and empty stadiums. The viewer numbers in recent years for SBC weeknight games show me there is some regional interest and absolutely zero national interest. So yea , it's all about getting your brand out. Get to the SBC Championship game and our brand will get plenty of attention.
    I don't recall a mid week game at 8:30 who was that against?

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,245

    Default Re: 2018 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I think Dr. Maggard had something to do with this to a degree. I believe he pointed out to conference officials how often we had mid week home games in the past few years. I think he asked if we played in mid week, for it to be on the road. He told me he planned to suggest that no school should have to play two home games around Thanksgiving as we did last season. All schools have attendance issues in mid week. When we were doing well, we would still draw better than anyone else other than Ark. State. That is why they continually stuck us with a mid week game.
    Maggard may have offered his opinion. But when it comes to what games get televised that is 100% dictated by the network.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,385

    Default Re: 2018 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Going to Boone in mid October is well worth the trip, fall colors will be peaking at that time...
    Why are we playing @ APP state again this year? That's a tough road trip and a tough team to play two in a row at their place.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,245

    Default Re: 2018 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Why are we playing @ APP state again this year? That's a tough road trip and a tough team to play two in a row at their place.
    I think it had something to do with adding coastal to the football conference schedule.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •