_ _ _ _
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 88, South Alabama 71

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 88, South Alabama 71

Man I'd love to hear the USA fans right now talk about that FT discrepancy. You don't see it often when the visiting team comes in and the FT margin is one sided in their favor. To me, that was the key stat in the game. We shot a worse FG percentage and certainly didn't hit it as well as they did from 3.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Which is why we get the free throw advantage. Those other teams are selling out trying to slow the offense. Sometimes it works, and sometimes we're gonna go to the line.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Which is why we get the free throw advantage. Those other teams are selling out trying to slow the offense. Sometimes it works, and sometimes we're gonna go to the line.
    I'm assuming you didn't see the game? It was horribly officiated on both sides. However, you don't typically see a 35-13 FT attempt discrepancy especially by the visiting team.

"Bob Marlin displays such a pattern of reprehensible behavior."

That is one of the quotes from the USA forum...LOL. They were not happy about the tech that their player got because apparently Marlin bumped him as the teams were going to their benches during their big run. TV didn't show it but that's crazy if it did happen.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Could there be an inadvertent bump? Maybe, but Big Fish ain't bumping players from the opossing teams. It's fun to be hated, I recall when they hated our team and their altered bats. Enjoy the hate while you can, it's fleeting.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Could there be an inadvertent bump? Maybe, but Big Fish ain't bumping players from the opossing teams. It's fun to be hated, I recall when they hated our team and their altered bats. Enjoy the hate while you can, it's fleeting.
    .....Along with the hate goes the team records in our state.... UL 25-4 and 15-1....Tulane 14-14 and 5-11......Monroe 14-13 and8-8....ltur 16-14 and 7-12......McN 10-16 and 7-9.....LSU 16-12 and 7-9!!!

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

The Cajuns were too much for them on both ends of the court all night long. The officials were whistle happy... but the percentage disparity in fouls would have existed no matter who officiated the game. Had USA not had a career night behind the arc, coupled with the Cajuns making poor shot selections in response at times... we would have lapped them. USA was a step too slow for our offensive ball movement... and they had no answer for our smothering defense. We forced their sloppy play and foul troubles.

The USA fan sour grapes is just sour grapes.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Agree with that point. No one hates teams that lose.

Default Re: MBB GameON: Louisiana at South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    That was a good no call--the shooter kicked his legs out to try getting a foul called.
    And, unfortunately (but, thank goodness not this time) more often than not it works!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Man I'd love to hear the USA fans right now talk about that FT discrepancy. You don't see it often when the visiting team comes in and the FT margin is one sided in their favor. To me, that was the key stat in the game. We shot a worse FG percentage and certainly didn't hit it as well as they did from 3.
    That was a peculiar box score, for sure.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6