Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UL Softball Commit Brittni Rufus

Blog Entries

Default UL Softball Commit Brittni Rufus

Flo Softball has Brittni Rufus ranked #166 in the country, 2019 Class.

http://www.texasgloryfastpitch.com/player.aspx?ID=3180

Default Re: UL Softball Commit Brittni Rufus

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Flo Softball has Brittni Rufus ranked #166 in the country, 2019 Class.

http://www.texasgloryfastpitch.com/player.aspx?ID=3180
    https://twitter.com/TexasGlory/statu...52533557952512

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    So Cajun-T, she sounds like she is legit! What conference type caliber would you say she is that coach is attracting? Players want to be coached up and want to play while their team competes with any and everyone! Louisiana has the Coach, the facility's, Fans, and the program to do just that!!!! Bring it!
    I don't have a clue, but I think it shows this staff will sign some good athletes to build the program their way.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Dude, this cat aint messing around.

Z

The one thing Glasco will have to get that we haven't gotten many of in the last 15 years is an elite pitcher.

Not a really good one. An ELITE one.

We had two under the previous coach(es).

Brooke Mitchell and Ashley Brignac. Brignac might have been the best ever to wear a Cajun uniform had she not been injured.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    The one thing Glasco will have to get that we haven't gotten many of in the last 15 years is an elite pitcher.

Not a really good one. An ELITE one.

We had two under the previous coach(es).

Brooke Mitchell and Ashley Brignac. Brignac might have been the best ever to wear a Cajun uniform had she not been injured.
    Jordan Wallace? Christina Hamilton? Alex Stewart? All-Americans

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    I think he means Elite in high school. But to your point, does that really even matter??

I don't think any of those three were in the same class as Mitchell and Brignac. Those two were some of the best in college softball. The above were certainly very good pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I don't think any of those three were in the same class as Mitchell and Brignac. Those two were some of the best in college softball. The above were certainly very good pitchers.
    I think the argument would be that elite wins you regionals and super regionals... While a really good pitcher can win you the sunbelt.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    I think the argument would be that elite wins you regionals and super regionals... While a really good pitcher can win you the sunbelt.
    Negative. A really good pitcher (see the ones mentioned) can win you regionals. The ELITE pitchers can win in Oklahoma City when your offense is only going to get 1-2 runs.

In the Lotief era, only the two I mentioned were capable of that.

Kyla Hall and Cheryl Longeway fit that bill earlier.

Our Pitching seems to always fall apart in OKC Like some stated above we have always had good pitching but never elite

Lannister- if you watch the UK game from 2014, I think it was defense that did us in rather than poor pitching. We gave them those runs to the tune of 3 errors. We didn't get it done at the plate either. 1 hit - 1 run: Elkins Homer.

Clutch0364 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Lannister- if you watch the UK game from 2014, I think it was defense that did us in rather than poor pitching. We gave them those runs to the tune of 3 errors. We didn't get it done at the plate either. 1 hit - 1 run: Elkins Homer.
    Lotiefs style of offense held us back in a lot of those games. Not being able to manufacture runs when it was needed and not adjusting at the plate. That Kentucky game was frustrating because the pitcher from UK kept peppering the outside corner but we never adjusted to it.

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Lotiefs style of offense held us back in a lot of those games. Not being able to manufacture runs when it was needed and not adjusting at the plate. That Kentucky game was frustrating because the pitcher from UK kept peppering the outside corner but we never adjusted to it.
    That was one hot weekend. Beside the losses we enjoyed our first trip to OKC.

We have only held 1 Opponent in OKC to under 3 runs and that is ML only win there .. seems to be a strong correlation

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    We have only held 1 Opponent in OKC to under 3 runs and that is ML only win there .. seems to be a strong correlation
    And still took us 9 freaking innings to win it.

Born, raised & currently reside in Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    That was one hot weekend. Beside the losses we enjoyed our first trip to OKC.
    This! When my daughter was playing travel ball, I was fortunate to visit the Hall of Fame stadium several times over the years because various tournament played there. I have always been amazed at how hot it gets in OKC in early June. There is not much humidity but it get brutally hot in the afternoon. I can remember my daughter playing a game one afternoon and the temperature was 105. The girls would each drink 2 or 3 12 oz. water bottles in between each inning. My daughter was catching this game and I can remember her turning to the umpire in about the 5th inning and calling time so she could catch her breathe because it was so hot. You would wake up in the morning and it would be 68 degrees with a slight breeze. Very pleasant. By 1:00, it was 105 with no breeze at all. There is literally zero shade at the HOF stadium. If you ever go, bring a good hat, sunscreen and plenty of money to buy lots of water!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    This! When my daughter was playing travel ball, I was fortunate to visit the Hall of Fame stadium several times over the years because various tournament played there. I have always been amazed at how hot it gets in OKC in early June. There is not much humidity but it get brutally hot in the afternoon. I can remember my daughter playing a game one afternoon and the temperature was 105. The girls would each drink 2 or 3 12 oz. water bottles in between each inning. My daughter was catching this game and I can remember her turning to the umpire in about the 5th inning and calling time so she could catch her breathe because it was so hot. You would wake up in the morning and it would be 68 degrees with a slight breeze. Very pleasant. By 1:00, it was 105 with no breeze at all. There is literally zero shade at the HOF stadium. If you ever go, bring a good hat, sunscreen and plenty of money to buy lots of water!
    Cant help but think of this
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries

As far as Texas Glory goes.........they cherry pick in softball from the best of the very best here in Collin/Denton Counties for the elite level team. We are talking the best talent with in a 6+ million people talent pool. They pick you. If Coach Glasco develops a talent pipeline with them it will be a very very bountiful relationship for UL. Yuge victory & MAJOR statement for Coach Glasco and UL Softball.

You think maybe we might also be able to pick up a few players from that new hitting camp/school in the DFW area? LMAO!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast