_ _ _ _
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Eric Mouton's son

Default Re: Eric Mouton's son

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Huh? What in the world would make you think this??
    LOL. I was thinking the same thing.

The 5th place vote getter for NBA Most Valuable Player last season was....drum roll....5'8"!..... if he can play...give him a shot...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    The 5th place vote getter for NBA Most Valuable Player last season was....drum roll....5'8"!..... if he can play...give him a shot...
    Has someone suggested he shouldn't get a shot?

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Yes

Yes
    Well he is.....

Well he is.....
    Right... and obviously people have concerns about his height...specifically you...

Right... and obviously people have concerns about his height...specifically you...
    I have no concerns. If he is good enough to make the team, he will help us. If not, he won't and I will lose zero sleep. I'm 5-7. I'd love to see him make it...doesn't mean I have to be unrealistic about the issues.

I only asked a question, has anyone seen him against legit D1 talent be able to get off his shot. I didn't say he couldn't. I didn't say nobody that height ever could. I asked if HE could. This may have occurred at AAU games, or in camps that someone on here has seen. That would tell me a lot more than selected shots from games against mostly guys who will watch college basketball.

Isiah Thomas is 5'9" and getting absolutely exposed this year. He had 1 good year in the nba where he was told don't worry about defense and shoot as much as you want on offense. Guys like him are the outlier. It is like the argument football for every undersized running back in high school or college..."he could be the next darren sproles". *eye roll

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Basketball Re: Eric Mouton's son

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    Isiah Thomas is 5'9" and getting absolutely exposed this year. He had 1 good year in the nba where he was told don't worry about defense and shoot as much as you want on offense. Guys like him are the outlier. It is like the argument football for every undersized running back in high school or college..."he could be the next darren sproles". *eye roll
    But in fact they could be the next Darren Sproles. Mouton could be the next Spud Webb.

https://www.google.com/search?client...28.HyMN30gskr0

The odds are of course long but as a PWO there's little to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    But in fact they could be the next Darren Sproles. Mouton could be the next Spud Webb.

https://www.google.com/search?client...28.HyMN30gskr0

The odds are of course long but as a PWO there's little to lose.
    You're making my point that he's an outlier. Spud Webb could dunk at 5'3"in high school and still scored less than 10points a game over his nba career. I agree it's little risk because he's a walk on but it sounds like it's just a signing to get older alumni excited

I don't recall seeing anybody question him coming here.

IT's ability to play defense has nothing to do with his size. He's lazy and not willing to commit to it, its not because he's under six feet tall.

You're making my point that he's an outlier. Spud Webb could dunk at 5'3"in high school and still scored less than 10points a game over his nba career. I agree it's little risk because he's a walk on but it sounds like it's just a signing to get older alumni excited
    A baller is a baller. I don't really care how big they are. Miami has a PG with the last name of Lykes who is like 5'7" and he's a damn good player.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Just to be clear, I'm fine with getting college players who won't be able to score double digits when they get to the NBA.

I'm guessing Memphis wants to excite their alumni with a PWO offer to an undersized point guard from Acadiana.

I don't know anything about this kid tbh. I hope he does well here. Just playing devil's advocate

I'm saying that I'll trust Big Fish to make good choices on players ayers, and potential players.

I don't know anything about this kid tbh. I hope he does well here. Just playing devil's advocate
    PWO is a no risk scenario for us. If he's good enough to help we can move him to scholarship later. If not, we're not wasting a scholarship on him.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    PWO is a no risk scenario for us. If he's good enough to help we can move him to scholarship later. If not, we're not wasting a scholarship on him.
    +1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3