Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Jakeenan Gant

  1. #1
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,910

    Default Jakeenan Gant

    JaKeenan Gant @JakeenanG23 is the only Division I player in the country currently averaging 15.0 points, 6.0 rebounds, 2.0 blocks and shooting over 60 percent from the floor


    Saw the above note on the Cajuns Twitter page. Of course Gant gets lots of dunks which helps his percentage but he has also hit a few threes this season. Still those stats show what a versatile player he is. What they do not show is how he helps defensively be changing trajectory of shots from the opposition in his protect the rim role. Guy has been all we expected him to be during his sit out year and perhaps more.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    19,672
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Jakeenan Gant

    Super impressive


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,379
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Jakeenan Gant

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    JaKeenan Gant @JakeenanG23 is the only Division I player in the country currently averaging 15.0 points, 6.0 rebounds, 2.0 blocks and shooting over 60 percent from the floor


    Saw the above note on the Cajuns Twitter page. Of course Gant gets lots of dunks which helps his percentage but he has also hit a few threes this season. Still those stats show what a versatile player he is. What they do not show is how he helps defensively be changing trajectory of shots from the opposition in his protect the rim role. Guy has been all we expected him to be during his sit out year and perhaps more.
    He is the best talent on the UL roster.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    1,553

    Default Re: Jakeenan Gant

    These threads with only the player's name always scare me. Never know what's to follow.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    800

    Default Re: Jakeenan Gant

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    These threads with only the player's name always scare me. Never know what's to follow.
    Lol as I was opening I was saying better not be injured, arrested, kicked off the team I agree with you

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South & East of Cajun Field
    Posts
    1,553

    Default Re: Jakeenan Gant

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Lol as I was opening I was saying better not be injured, arrested, kicked off the team I agree with you
    A man of my age doesn't need the stress. LOL

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    These threads with only the player's name always scare me. Never know what's to follow.
    Same here. I just assumed something bad happened

  8. #8
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,948

    Default Re: Jakeenan Gant

    Maybe we need to include smiley face, or something else in title to warn the reader what's about to be read.


  9. #9
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,762

    Default Re: Jakeenan Gant

    See that? Thats CDS kicking in. Cajun Disaster Syndrome. One day, we will be cured. I sure as shirt hope its while I am still living.

    Z


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,907

    Default Re: Jakeenan Gant

    Beat me to it. I think this was a particular CDS symptom related to the Jesse era.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    See that? Thats CDS kicking in. Cajun Disaster Syndrome. One day, we will be cured. I sure as shirt hope its while I am still living.

    Z

  11. #11
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,762

    Default Re: Jakeenan Gant

    Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Beat me to it. I think this was a particular CDS symptom related to the Jesse era.
    Daddy-0, I still have memories of that night you, me and Hammer sat out on my balcony at the Intercontinental after the first N O Bowl. Dang, the world was our oyster! Here we are years later...hoping lightening eventually strikes!! LOL Hope you are well!!

    Z

  12. #12
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,910

    Default Re: Jakeenan Gant

    When I saw 10 posts on this thread, I wondered what I started. Never imagined some would assume a negative had occurred. Should have known some would have invoked CDS. Maybe lightning hits this March with the basketball program.


  13. #13
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,762

    Default Re: Jakeenan Gant

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    When I saw 10 posts on this thread, I wondered what I started. Never imagined some would assume a negative had occurred. Should have known some would have invoked CDS. Maybe lightning hits this March with the basketball program.
    CDS, has been around for a long time Mike!!! LOL!! Hope you are well!

    Z

  14. #14
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,948

    UL Basketball Re: Jakeenan Gant

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    When I saw 10 posts on this thread, I wondered what I started. Never imagined some would assume a negative had occurred. Should have known some would have invoked CDS. Maybe lightning hits this March with the basketball program.
    Actually never occurred to me CMike. Bryce is such a positive force that I absolutely was expecting something good from you.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,907

    Default Re: Jakeenan Gant

    Doing pretty good Zee, just trying to keep motivated to keep working for 2 more years. That was a great night. Hopefully we will have a few more like that some day.


  16. #16
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,910

    Default Re: Jakeenan Gant

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    CDS, has been around for a long time Mike!!! LOL!! Hope you are well!

    Z
    Enjoying retirement so far. Still keeping busy as the honey do's have not been completed yet. Don't know if those will ever end. However most of them are things I agree need to be done.

  17. #17
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,910

    Default Re: Jakeenan Gant

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Actually never occurred to me CMike. Bryce is such a positive force that I absolutely was expecting something good from you.
    Bryce is a positive force but this thread started with Gant. I agree with CajunT in that he is the most talented player on the squad.

  18. #18
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,948

    UL Basketball Re: Jakeenan Gant

    Doesn't matter, I've been vaccinated against CDS so I don't expect problems at every corner.

    Guessing I had Bryce on my mind as I'd been reading The Zulu articles.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •