_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baseball starting rotation set!

Default Baseball starting rotation set!

Friday: Burk
    Saturday: Lee
    Sunday: Harris
    Midweek: Schmidt

I like Burk on Fridays. I thought he was our most consistent starter last year after Gunner.

Default Re: Baseball starting rotation set!

FYI, Robe is on 1420 right now discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    FYI, Robe is on 1420 right now discussing.
    I can't listen. Let us know the high points if you can.

Blog Entries

Can't wait. Been waiting for start of baseball!! Burk must have been doing some serious off season work to start on Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I can't listen. Let us know the high points if you can.
    Just started listening, nothing really earth shattering...they are talking about the art of the bunt and why Robe loves bunting so much. Basically being able to control the game better and likes it when the pitcher they are facing is un-hittable

Talked about the starting rotation as you listed above.

Talking about how much they will miss Gunner, as he was like having a 4th coach on the staff when he was on the mound. He is currently working with the incoming freshmen.

Touched on the outfield a bit, Robe said this will be where we will see the most movement and bounsing around. Talked about incoming guys we will see out there making an immediate impact, specifically Janson Fontenot and Gavin Bourgeois.

Talking about the schedule. Likes the toughness of the schedule so his team can get bruised up and come out of it stronger. "iron sharpens iron" It is very good for the RPI.

Appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Friday: Burk
    Saturday: Lee
    Sunday: Harris
    Midweek: Schmidt

I like Burk on Fridays. I thought he was our most consistent starter last year after Gunner.
    Jack Burk is a no brainer to start the season on the road, with a young team, taking on Texas. Love the decision and happy that Jack has done enough in the offseason to gain full trust of the coaches (health and performance wise).

The guy is unflappable. We won't be scared on Friday.

Blog Entries

Cant wait to see our freshman get baptized early against Texas. Hoping they get weathered quick.

how is texas projected this year. i know its a big series, but is it more of the name people are worried about, or are they supposed to be really good like texas of old?

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    how is texas projected this year. i know its a big series, but is it more of the name people are worried about, or are they supposed to be really good like texas of old?
    D1 has them ranked #21 and Baseball America #14
    So I would say not quite the Texas of old but pretty darn good. That stadium should be rocking as well as it's opening weekend. Going to be a tough place to play.

Blog Entries

D1 has them ranked #21 and Baseball America #14
    So I would say not quite the Texas of old but pretty darn good. That stadium should be rocking as well as it's opening weekend. Going to be a tough place to play.

So basically they rated little higher but huge advantage of being home with thousands yelling hookem horns..?

Texas pitching might be the best we see this year, and that's saying something if you've seen our schedule.

What was Jack's injury last year?

Anybody know if the Robe interview will be available on SoundCloud today?

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    What was Jack's injury last year?
    He strained his forearm when he barehanded that screamer against LSU at Wally Pontiff Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    He strained his forearm when he barehanded that screamer against LSU at Wally Pontiff Classic.
    Thanks.

Remembered the play and that he got injured but wasn't sure what he was diagnosed with. He didn't pitch again after that right?

Blog Entries

Just started listening, nothing really earth shattering...they are talking about the art of the bunt and why Robe loves bunting so much. Basically being able to control the game better and likes it when the pitcher they are facing is un-hittable

Talked about the starting rotation as you listed above.

Talking about how much they will miss Gunner, as he was like having a 4th coach on the staff when he was on the mound. He is currently working with the incoming freshmen.

Touched on the outfield a bit, Robe said this will be where we will see the most movement and bounsing around. Talked about incoming guys we will see out there making an immediate impact, specifically Janson Fontenot and Gavin Bourgeois.

Talking about the schedule. Likes the toughness of the schedule so his team can get bruised up and come out of it stronger. "iron sharpens iron" It is very good for the RPI.
    What is this "Robe Performance Index" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    So basically they rated little higher but huge advantage of being home with thousands yelling hookem horns..?
    I honestly wouldn't say a HUGE advantage. First, baseball is a bit more neutral when considering home field advantage. Also add in the fact that we actually averaged more fans than Texas, anyone who is not a true freshman or a JC transfer should be aware what a 5K crowd sounds like. If anything, I think we'll come out pretty juiced up with such a good series to start. I can't wait until friday!

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    Thanks.

Remembered the play and that he got injured but wasn't sure what he was diagnosed with. He didn't pitch again after that right?
    No.... he ended up being day to day/week to week but we never saw him again.

The interview is on soundcloud. You can reach it on ESPN1420's website.

Burk, Lee, Harris in that order.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast