_ _ _ _

Thread: Football Future Attendance

Default Football Future Attendance

With Coach Napier on board and hopefully more 2018 wins I'm optimistic our football attendance will rebound closer to 22,000-25,000 per home game. With sustained winning, an improved economy, plus a conference realignment upgrade perhaps a new base of 25,000-30,000 in the stadium can be solidified. Frankly when I look at potential conference realignment mates, it's difficult to imagine averaging above 30,000 per game, packing the stadium year upon year unless we're going undefeated and playing our way into one of the New Years Bowl games. Assuming CUSA is on a glide path to falling apart in the next couple years (since their TV market strategy is toast) and we wind up in some configuration with the CUSA west members I looked up their football 2017 attendance numbers. Makes me wonder how much of their attendance stagnation is due to CUSA geographic configuration, fan apathy. It wasn't that many years ago UTEP averaged 35,000-40,000 fans per game.
    UTSA- 22,821
    UNT- 22,362
    USM- 21,711
    Latech- 20,735
    UTEP- 19,548
    Rice- 19,354

I used to be more confident if we were aligned with CUSA west schools as a next step it could springboard our football attendance base to 30,000+. Don't get me wrong it's a gamechanger but I'm not so sure about it booming our attendance as their fan support is languishing. What am I getting wrong here?

Default Re: Football Future Attendance

Reality is that CUSA is a lateral move at this point. Sun Belt should have even earned more from football bowl payouts for the 2nd year in a row after the 4-1 showing this year. Next move for the Cajuns should be the AAC. Would love to see Southern Miss and La Tech end up in an expanded Belt...

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Reality is that CUSA is a lateral move at this point. Sun Belt should have even earned more from football bowl payouts for the 2nd year in a row after the 4-1 showing this year. Next move for the Cajuns should be the AAC. Would love to see Southern Miss and La Tech end up in an expanded Belt...
    CUSA is a lateral move or a slight downgrade top to bottom when you talk about competitiveness. But when it comes to perception and recruiting it's still a much better league.

Also gaining La Tech, USM, UAB and Rice really benefits our program. Not to mention renewing our most heated rivalry in football LaTurd, even though they own us lately. Then kicking off basketball with WKU again is something I'd love to see.

Our ultimate goal should be some league with either MWC or AAC programs. We really need to move quickly on our ability to produce our own content at a 4K UHD level. Finish up Cajun Field renovations and increase our budget by a minimum of 50%.

Once we do that the let the chips fall where they fall. IMO if we get left out with a $35-40M budget, new facilities and our own broadcasting ability then we did what we could.

Anyone know how the CFP payout turned out this year? I know the belt was last for the majority of the regular season but wasn't sure if the bowls changed anything?

While I agree on the conference as a whole would a lateral move, I would love to have a USM matchup yearly in every sport. Kind of hard to let go the SoAL rivalry if we leave as would the stAte in Football. But move ahead..

We have a large portion of alumni in Houston(Rice), Dallas(UNT), Southern Miss area, and the annual rivalry with LA Tech would be glorious!

It's also a lot easier to travel to the C-West as compared to some of current SBC teams. You can reall make a weekend out of the C-USA towns as compared to the SBC....outside of Mobile....nothing else is attractive.

Let's not kid ourselves, we have a long way to go to get our budget up to the AAC floor. Let's at least get better attendance with easier geographic travel and rivalries until we can increase our budget to 40 million per year. Last I checked we we around 25 million.

Wife and I love going to Texas St games in San Marcos. Always stay on the Riverwalk in San Antonio. Games always been in October, so perfect weather each trip. Planning on going again this year. Waiting to see when it is once schedule comes out March 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Wife and I love going to Texas St games in San Marcos. Always stay on the Riverwalk in San Antonio. Games always been in October, so perfect weather each trip. Planning on going again this year. Waiting to see when it is once schedule comes out March 1st.
    I hope our game there is on a weekend. Midweek games are the worst

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    We enjoyed it our last time also. We rented a house in Wimberley and took in the Hill Country for the long weekend.