Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sunday's Mardi Gras Classic Scheduled Revised, Games Relocated

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    This were teams we would run rule before. I am concerned.
    Last year's team lost 2 games to a 27-26 S Miss team and also lost to a 21-32 Bradley team...yet they still were pretty good, right? It's early and it's softball, and a lot of young players are in the lineup. Let the season play out and understand that we may have some bumps in the road, just like last season.

Default Re: Sunday's Mardi Gras Classic Scheduled Revised, Games Relocated

Quote Originally Posted by ninacajun View Post
    Last year's team lost 2 games to a 27-26 S Miss team and also lost to a 21-32 Bradley team...yet they still were pretty good, right? It's early and it's softball, and a lot of young players are in the lineup. Let the season play out and understand that we may have some bumps in the road, just like last season.
    This!

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ninacajun View Post
    Good point. They got tested a little in the 2 games against EIU, but by this time last year they'd already lost a game. Not sure if any of the teams they played this weekend will be any good, but 5-0 is 5-0.

It gets a heck of a lot harder from here, though. The bats are still there, but we need some arms to back them up. KJT has shown a lot of growth and we'll need her next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    I believe one game (not including the Cajuns) was cancelled Saturday.
    11:30 Evansville vs. Illinois-Chicago
    7:00 Iowa vs. Evansville

Sal, gst, txst all got beat pretty badly by p5 teams this weekend. That is supposed to be the top of the belt but clearly not any better than years past.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    This were teams we would run rule before. I am concerned.
    Concern is better than worry. Keep in mind that Kylee Jo Trahan is the only pitcher with experience in this program, Summer and Alyson have seen little to no playing time. The other 5 pitchers are first year. Kara and Kelly are the only players with more than 1 year of experience at this level and everyone is having to go though the growing pains of a new coaching style. If the pitching staff picks up their teachings as quickly as it seems they may, this will be one of the last teams anyone will want to see in their super regional.

Quote Originally Posted by Flcajun View Post
    Sal, gst, txst all got beat pretty badly by p5 teams this weekend. That is supposed to be the top of the belt but clearly not any better than years past.
    Georgia State's strength is their offense, so not scoring against Michigan is a little concerning. I can understand them not scoring against Florida. 1-0 against Alabama is not bad for South Alabama, and Texas State losing twice to a potential world series team in Florida State is less troubling.

Blog Entries

Might have to get used to not seeing the long ball like we used to but, as long as we score more runs than the other team it doesn't matter how we get them.

Defense doesn't look as smooth as it should yet. Going to have to figure out who is going to play where soon.

We got cought stealing several times, I know coach wants to run but we took the bat out of our hitters hands way too much imo.

We stole 17 bases. SEVENTEEN. When that happens, you'll get thrown out a time or two.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    We stole 17 bases. SEVENTEEN. When that happens, you'll get thrown out a time or two.
    great point!! Did not know it was that much.

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I like it. You have to put pressure on the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    great point!! Did not know it was that much.
    Neither did the arm chair coach who complained about it, but boy he was ready to give some naysayer comments on the weekend.

C'mon man, give these girls that stayed and these coaches that came a break they so deservedly earned this weekend - did you notice that they did go 5 and 0!!!!!!

Oh, and then there was the poster that complained that we did not win by enough. Go figure. Well, you got your run rule on the last game and a HR to boot.

Geaux Cajuns!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Neither did the arm chair coach who complained about it, but boy he was ready to give some naysayer comments on the weekend.

C'mon man, give these girls that stayed and these coaches that came a break they so deservedly earned this weekend - did you notice that they did go 5 and 0!!!!!!

Oh, and then there was the poster that complained that we did not win by enough. Go figure. Well, you got your run rule on the last game and a HR to boot.

Geaux Cajuns!!!!!!
    Quit being so touchy, I do support the girls. I think it was you who could not wait for someone to say the slightest thing so you could post this little rant.

Earlier today, looking for scores on today's games, I opened this page first. Within just a few posts I was sure we'd lost at least 2 games. Tough crowd.

They had a commenter on FB who complained of the same thing with the run ruling. 15-0 or 1-0; it's a win.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

This is a transition that's hard on everybody. No question that it needed to happen but sitting in Lamson for the 1st 2 days was just plain wierd....today seemed like this was very close to his starting line up....this team has a chance to be successful IMHO...

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Between graduation, and desertion we lost virtually the entire starting team. To expect a seamless transfer isn't reasonable. There's going to be some pain.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Between graduation, and desertion we lost virtually the entire starting team. To expect a seamless transfer isn't reasonable. There's going to be some pain.
    No doubt....

I went to Iowa game today. Like what I saw. Any word on Holland's knee injury?

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    I went to Iowa game today. Like what I saw. Any word on Holland's knee injury?
    No....it certainly didn't look good when it happened....they may be waiting for swelling to reduce before evaluating.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast