_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kobe Julien

Default Kobe Julien

In case you guys didn't know, Julien tore his ACL yesterday. This is a huge blow to next season as he may very well RS. We really were going to need him with Stove leaving.

Default Re: Kobe Julien

Wow that stinks but he has plenty of time to rehab if everything goes right

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Wow that stinks but he has plenty of time to rehab if everything goes right
    Maybe but I wouldn't expect him back for the season. Minimum 9 month rehab puts him probably hitting the court for just workouts in November. I guess it all depends on how he responds to rehab but I'm thinking we may see a RS year. Will be close.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Maybe but I wouldn't expect him back for the season. Minimum 9 month rehab puts him probably hitting the court for just workouts in November. I guess it all depends on how he responds to rehab but I'm thinking we may see a RS year. Will be close.
    I've seen people back after 3 months but average is 6

Unfortunately this still happens Any good ortho will tell you 9 months. The data is very supportive as well. The risk for further injury is much higher.

Damn thats terrible news. Acl revovery seems to be getting faster and faster. I see him at least playing by conference next year

Blog Entries

Get well Kobe.

Take as long as you need ... and more.

No way. They say 9 months and many times its a good year.

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Yes Kobe, the main thing is to get better. Work hard so you can once again play hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Damn thats terrible news. Acl revovery seems to be getting faster and faster. I see him at least playing by conference next year
    Maybe but the question is, do you just RS him so he's completely healthy for the following year or do you get him in where he may not be very effective and lose a year? I guess it will all depend on his recovery.

In case you guys didn't know, Julien tore his ACL yesterday. This is a huge blow to next season as he may very well RS. We really were going to need him with Stove leaving.
    Kobes Injury Happened Tuesday Night, I was told that the Tear was not a complete Tear and he should be Ok to go in the fall, im not a doctor so don't qoute me, but that's what I was told by someone extremely close to his family

Maybe but the question is, do you just RS him so he's completely healthy for the following year or do you get him in where he may not be very effective and lose a year? I guess it will all depend on his recovery.
    As I recall his dad did well wearing a old school knee brace..

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Basketball Re: Kobe Julien

Absolutely take 100% of time needed to rehab then add 50%. I don't want this young man risking his health, and possible future earnings.

I'm a Physical Therapist and work a lot with sports medicine and I don't know anyone who got back to competitive play in 3 months following ACL reconstruction. 6 months is doable and we have been getting most back to playing by 7 months. But that's physically, mentally it might take a year or longer for some to get completely back to where they were.
    Statistics are very much not in the favor of the athlete if the return to play is less than 6 months!

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    I'm a Physical Therapist and work a lot with sports medicine and I don't know anyone who got back to competitive play in 3 months following ACL reconstruction. 6 months is doable and we have been getting most back to playing by 7 months. But that's physically, mentally it might take a year or longer for some to get completely back to where they were.
    Statistics are very much not in the favor of the athlete if the return to play is less than 6 months!
    7 months would be in mid September. Practice starts roughly around October 1. Therefore it is possible he will be ready to go when the intense preparation for the season begins. It is unfortunate he will miss summer workouts. Also, the guys play a lot of pickup ball during that time. That is when newcomers get a chance to become familiar with how their teammates play the game. No doubt he will be behind. No way for us to know at this stage on how much time quickly he will need to be ready to go.

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'd bet redshirt. No need to rush and risk losing a second year. It's not just a physical healing.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I'd bet redshirt. No need to rush and risk losing a second year. It's not just a physical healing.
    Understand that view. Decision will likely be his. If he goes that route guys on the bench now will have to step up. The senior leader ship on current squad will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by APragincajun View Post
    Kobes Injury Happened Tuesday Night, I was told that the Tear was not a complete Tear and he should be Ok to go in the fall, im not a doctor so don't qoute me, but that's what I was told by someone extremely close to his family
    Tuesday, Friday, the point was that he suffered a major knee injury and he's expected to contribute immediately.

Isn't there still a scholarship available? If things don't work out with the Brown kid maybe look at bringing in a grad transfer for a year. I also think Davis is a guy who could really breakout with a defined role and steady playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Isn't there still a scholarship available? If things don't work out with the Brown kid maybe look at bringing in a grad transfer for a year. I also think Davis is a guy who could really breakout with a defined role and steady playing time.
    Their is one scholarship available for the spring signing period.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast