_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: GaS runs out of gas vs ULM

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: GaS runs out of gas vs ULM

Good job Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    GAST only shot 42% from the field; only 25% (8-32) from 3.
    Yes and they scored a tad more than their average but it took OT to get there. That's why I think the game against us was more of an anomaly than anything else.

I felt the other night that they had an exceptionally good game the same night we just happened to have had an exceptionally poor game. We outrebounded Ga Southern by 24 rebounds. 24. Think about that. Heck, for the game they had only 28.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Yes and they scored a tad more than their average but it took OT to get there. That's why I think the game against us was more of an anomaly than anything else.
    No, Hunter is 9-3 against Marlin. He knows how to play Marlin. That's not an anomaly, just a nemesis.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: MBB Preview: Louisiana at Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    How the hell did ULM beat GState? The fighting Ron Hunters really got up for our game.
    ULM made almost 50 percent of their threes. Simmonds is almost impossible to guard for Georgia State as he had 39. However, he did miss a FT with 10 seconds left that could have won it. Offensively the two young guards for ULM were outstanding. Some people forget that basketball is a game of matchups. Cajuns match up well against ULM but poorly against Ga. State. On the other hand ULM matches up well with the Panthers. That is actually more of a factor than coaches "owning" another guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    ULM made almost 50 percent of their threes. Simmonds is almost impossible to guard for Georgia State as he had 39. However, he did miss a FT with 10 seconds left that could have won it. Offensively the two young guards for ULM were outstanding. Some people forget that basketball is a game of matchups. Cajuns match up well against ULM but poorly against Ga. State. On the other hand ULM matches up well with the Panthers. That is actually more of a factor than coaches "owning" another guy.
    Cajuns need players that can match up with the Panthers,
    or else we will continue to get the results we have been getting.

Blog Entries

Both are true if coaches recruit distinctive type players to run their offense and defense.

Cajuns need players that can match up with the Panthers,
    or else we will continue to get the results we have been getting.
    Julien is the type of player than probably would have matched up with the Panthers. Unfortunate he is injured which may impact his first year in college.

Julien is the type of player than probably would have matched up with the Panthers. Unfortunate he is injured which may impact his first year in college.
    Hope he heals fast!

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Ga State doesn't play again until next Saturday......in Statesboro. I sure hope Ga Southern hangs another L on 'em.
    I heard Jay say it was a Friday game on ESPN2.

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Good luck Panthers. You had your moment on Thursday, but you have a tougher road (3 on the road, 2 at home) than we do (4 at home, 2 on the road and we play the Arkansas schools) to end the season. I don't see us dropping 2 while you essentially win out.

Yep... I think the Panthers drop at least 1 in Texas. Cajuns should be able to TCOB at home and at least split the Alabama trip... That will be good enough to win the league and claim #1 seed!

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Yep... I think the Panthers drop at least 1 in Texas. Cajuns should be able to TCOB at home and at least split the Alabama trip... That will be good enough to win the league and claim #1 seed!
    Agreed. We may drop 1, but they have a tough road in Texas.

Step one, win the league and at least secure an NIT bid. Step two, win the Sun Belt tourney. We'd be in the opposite side of the bracket of GState is things stay the same. I'd love to beat them in the finals, but prefer not even to see that team and their tool bag coach again.

ULM can beat them in the tournament.
    Warhawks shoot it well from behind the arc.
    They got off to a good start hitting threes.
    GAST was cold to start and had a 3 minute scoring drought.
    Hawks had a 10 point lead, 17-7, at the 12 min. mark of 1st half.

ULM can beat them in the tournament.
    Warhawks shoot it well from behind the arc.
    Cajuns will beat them in the tournament as well - assuming they will meet in the championship game if the top 2 seeds currently hold.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    If that happens Cajuns at least will be in NIT. Outright conference title has not happened here in several years. It will be something to celebrate if it does occur. Could make senior night special.

Blog Entries

I believe ULM can thank the Cajuns for their win.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Square Head View Post
    This

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Square Head View Post
    yup!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    No, Hunter is 9-3 against Marlin. He knows how to play Marlin. That's not an anomaly, just a nemesis.
    They do the same things game in and game out. They shot less than 30% from 3 point land against ULM. They hit 50% against us. That's hitting shots.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast