_ _ _ _
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Results 101 to 118 of 118

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,225

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91

    Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    I imagine that our blocks were minimal without Gant?
    Bryce actually had several blocks. He played much better defensively this game than last and protected the lane when Gant was out. Also, I felt we should have gone zone mid to late first half when we really started getting in foul trouble. Teams with quickness on the outside really hurt this team and put a lot of pressure on our bigs inside to defend the rim. It was evident again yesterday. I think a zone would be smart for Marlin to incorporate a little more.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Deep in the Ouachita Mountains Hot Springs Village, Ark
    Posts
    1,735

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91

    Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Louisiana is one of five schools nationally (as of Feb. 8) that have won seven or more games on the road and are undefeated at home. The Ragin' Cajuns are joined by Virginia, St. Mary's, Montana and UC Santa Barbara.

    Louisiana has now won 8 games on the road.
    good stuff here. take va off that list as va tech beat them in hooksville yesterday.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,225

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
    good stuff here. take va off that list as va tech beat them in hooksville yesterday.
    You are forgetting about St. Mary's. They lost last night to Gonzaga as well.

  4. #104
    Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,414

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Bryce actually had several blocks. He played much better defensively this game than last and protected the lane when Gant was out. Also, I felt we should have gone zone mid to late first half when we really started getting in foul trouble. Teams with quickness on the outside really hurt this team and put a lot of pressure on our bigs inside to defend the rim. It was evident again yesterday. I think a zone would be smart for Marlin to incorporate a little more.
    I agree with that suggestion. Regarding Gant and his shot blocks, his presence in the middle involves more than getting some of those. He alters a lot of shots into misses which is part of his job as a rim protector. Bryce did play well on defense yesterday and was credited with 3 blocks.

  5. #105
    Clutch0364's Avatar
    Clutch0364 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Youngsville
    Posts
    5,164

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91

    I really like what I seen out of Davis in his limited time on court. Really hope to see him develop.


  6. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,407

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I agree with that suggestion. Regarding Gant and his shot blocks, his presence in the middle involves more than getting some of those. He alters a lot of shots into misses which is part of his job as a rim protector. Bryce did play well on defense yesterday and was credited with 3 blocks.
    Gant altered multiple shots yesterday. Sometimes that is better than the swat because we have a chance to gain possession.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    700

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91

    On the post game show Jay told Marlin GaSo's pbp guy told him they would have problems with Stove because he was a bad matchup.


  8. #108
    Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,414

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91

    Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    On the post game show Jay told Marlin GaSo's pbp guy told him they would have problems with Stove because he was a bad matchup.
    That guy from Georgia Southern was a prophet was he not ? I don't recall how Jonathon did at Texas State. I think Marquetti had a big game that afternoon. One of those two guys needs to play well for us to be successful. Neither did against Ga. State and we struggled. Reason I bring Texas State up is because they are our next opponent on Thursday night at home. That will be the first day students are back from the Mardi Gras break and hopefully many decide to get to the Dome. Unfortunately, the break will make it difficult to have any type of effective attendance promotion.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Iberia Parish
    Posts
    2,302

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
    good stuff here. take va off that list as va tech beat them in hooksville yesterday.
    Happy to do so!

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Iberia Parish
    Posts
    2,302

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    That guy from Georgia Southern was a prophet was he not ? I don't recall how Jonathon did at Texas State. I think Marquetti had a big game that afternoon. One of those two guys needs to play well for us to be successful. Neither did against Ga. State and we struggled. Reason I bring Texas State up is because they are our next opponent on Thursday night at home. That will be the first day students are back from the Mardi Gras break and hopefully many decide to get to the Dome. Unfortunately, the break will make it difficult to have any type of effective attendance promotion.
    There is a final four home games promotion...tickets half-price.
    https://twitter.com/ULRaginCajuns/st...50209658318848

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    There is a final four home games promotion...tickets half-price.
    https://twitter.com/ULRaginCajuns/st...50209658318848
    I'm hoping that will bring out more fans and I have a feeling that they will be doing a promotion for students as well.

  12. #112
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,272

    UL Basketball Re: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91

    I'm thinking that GSU loss cost us four to six thousand over those four games provided we don't lose again over whatever we actually get.


  13. #113
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette LA
    Posts
    8,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    That guy from Georgia Southern was a prophet was he not ? I don't recall how Jonathon did at Texas State. I think Marquetti had a big game that afternoon. One of those two guys needs to play well for us to be successful. Neither did against Ga. State and we struggled. Reason I bring Texas State up is because they are our next opponent on Thursday night at home. That will be the first day students are back from the Mardi Gras break and hopefully many decide to get to the Dome. Unfortunately, the break will make it difficult to have any type of effective attendance promotion.
    The "Final Four" promotion gets me and my 2 boys out on a Thursday night we weren't planning on attending. Promotion is fine. No excuses.

  14. #114
    Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,414

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'm thinking that GSU loss cost us four to six thousand over those four games provided we don't lose again over whatever we actually get.
    You are probably right about that. Tough to have to go undefeated in order to get people excited about attending. However that is the world we live in today.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91

    I don't think it costs that much in attendance. This team recovered Saturday and is still special. This senior class deserves our support. Bryce and Stove have been stellar in their 4 years here...


  16. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    20,317
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'm thinking that GSU loss cost us four to six thousand over those four games provided we don't lose again over whatever we actually get.
    You may be right but a road loss isn't as detrimental as loss experienced in the Dome.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Louisiana, duh
    Posts
    15,215

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91


  18. #118
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,931

    Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana102, Georgia Southern 91

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    UL should extend Saturday softball tickets to the basketball game. The 2nd softball game will likely end around half-time of the basketball game. Offer free General Admission tickets by presenting a softball ticket. That would help 2nd half attendance and get the Florida fans into the CajunDome to see how nice a facility we have.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •