_ _ _ _
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 257

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 92,Georgia State 106

  1. #161
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    I noticed. People need to get a grip.
    I agree, ppl need to understand what they're watching.. and that's what I'm trying to help with.

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    872

    Default Re: MBB GameOn: Louisiana at Georgia State

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    A handful of games let you know who your team is..

    Right now, we are a team that is very good at beating the hell out of bad teams. No debatable.
    We're a team that hasn't really been tested but a handful of times. It's a bad loss because it's the first time this season we lost to someone we should've beaten. And it's an ugly loss no doubt. But that's all it is.

  3. #163
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    We're a team that hasn't really been tested but a handful of times. It's a bad loss because it's the first time this season we lost to someone we should've beaten. And it's an ugly loss no doubt. But that's all it is.
    We've been tested 6 times. 5 if those games were winnable. We're 1-5 with a loss average in the double digits. That's not nothing.

    How come we always talk about the large sample size until it tells us something we don't want to believe?

  4. #164
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,846

    Default Re: MBB GameOn: Louisiana at Georgia State

    We are 1 and 4 against top 150 RPI teams.....


  5. #165
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    9,560
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: MBB GameOn: Louisiana at Georgia State

    Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    We're a team that hasn't really been tested but a handful of times. It's a bad loss because it's the first time this season we lost to someone we should've beaten. And it's an ugly loss no doubt. But that's all it is.
    I understand that it isn't the end of the world and the season isn't over yet. But how can you honestly say this team hasn't been tested that much? Again, we are 1-4 against Top 150 RPI teams. When we have been tested, we have won once and lost by double digits in the 4 losses. That is who this team is period. Luckily we have a shot a top seed, if not the top seed in the SBC Tournament. We still have a chance at the NCAA Dance, and that is why I haven't given up. But it is laughable at best to hear people deny this team hasn't played well against the Top 150 teams on the schedule. Tonight wasn't just tough, it was a total embarrassment for this program.

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Harker Heights, TX
    Posts
    4,979

    Default Re: MBB GameOn: Louisiana at Georgia State

    Bottom line is this is just one game. How many of us thought we'd really go undefeated the rest of the conference season?

    It hurts to lose this badly to GaSt especially but this (type of) game was going to happen eventually. Let's flush this and get these guys back when it really counts.

    p.s. I was talking about the women's game when I predicted a 15 point win earlier.


  7. #167
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    My god. One bad loss, and people here are ready to throw in the towel. That's embarrassing.

    Anyone remember what happened during Shawn Long's senior season? We went to Atlanta and took them to the woodshed. Demolished them. Anyone remember what happened the next two times we played gast? In fact, I don't think we've beaten them since.

    It's a loss. A bad loss. But that's all that it is. Stop whining and let's play next.
    No one's throwing in the towel....telling the truth about our wins and losses is not throwing in the towel....I've been to every home game and will be at the rest of the games....facts are facts..

  8. #168
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    6,235
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: MBB GameOn: Louisiana at Georgia State

    Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    We are 1 and 4 against top 150 RPI teams.....
    and thats the sobering fact that puts all kind of earned shade against 20-4 record. That's the point that has our fan base PO'ed.. Harsh reality sux

  9. #169
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    5,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I understand that it isn't the end of the world and the season isn't over yet. But how can you honestly say this team hasn't been tested that much? Again, we are 1-4 against Top 150 RPI teams. When we have been tested, we have won once and lost by double digits in the 4 losses. That is who this team is period. Luckily we have a shot a top seed, if not the top seed in the SBC Tournament. We still have a chance at the NCAA Dance, and that is why I haven't given up. But it is laughable at best to hear people deny this team hasn't played well against the Top 150 teams on the schedule. Tonight wasn't just tough, it was a total embarrassment for this program.
    This....

  10. #170
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,910

    Default Re: MBB GameOn: Louisiana at Georgia State

    The Cajuns missed several layups, which had been a problem in previous games. We shot poorly from the charity stripe, which had been one of the teams strong points. We could not buy a rebound at times, which was out of character for this team. We shot well below our average from the 3 point line in the 2nd half and in the meantime GS was on fire from beyond the 3 point line. Defense played OK at times but the panthers would just step out and shoot a NBA 3 point shot.

    Bottom line, this is just one game. The big question is how the team will respond to the loss. We are still in first place and still control our destiny. I am disappointed, but I really did not expect that the Cajuns would go undefeated in conference. Now it is time to beat the other GA team.


  11. #171
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Bottom line is this is just one game. How many of us thought we'd really go undefeated the rest of the conference season?

    It hurts to lose this badly to GaSt especially but this (type of) game was going to happen eventually. Let's flush this and get these guys back when it really counts.

    p.s. I was talking about the women's game when I predicted a 15 point win earlier.
    It's not one game.. it's a microcosm of the Hunter vs Marlin series.

  12. #172
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    872

    Default Re: MBB GameOn: Louisiana at Georgia State

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We've been tested 6 times. 5 if those games were winnable. We're 1-5 with a loss average in the double digits. That's not nothing.

    How come we always talk about the large sample size until it tells us something we don't want to believe?
    We only have four losses, but I get the point. They seemed like they were waiting for the big run that never came, instead of trying to force their will on the opponent. One thing about Hunter's teams is they're not afraid of a street fight. We flinched tonight, that's for sure. Now we'll find out what we're made of.

    That being said, I still say that mediocre teams don't make it to 20-3 in Division I. If we flinch again in the tournament though, guess I'll have to give you your due. But I'll hold off judgment till then.

  13. #173
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    No one's throwing in the towel....telling the truth about our wins and losses is not throwing in the towel....I've been to every home game and will be at the rest of the games....facts are facts..
    Thank you! Exactly this. Doesn't mean I don't love this team. Doesn't mean have "given up". It means I can see what's going on.

  14. #174
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Harker Heights, TX
    Posts
    4,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It's not one game.. it's a microcosm of the Hunter vs Marlin series.
    Believe me, I'm not arguing that point. These punk asses have our (Marlin's) number.

  15. #175
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    4,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It's not one game.. it's a microcosm of the Hunter vs Marlin series.
    Not there yet but approaching Fletcher vs. Floyd madness.

  16. #176
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    6,235
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: MBB GameOn: Louisiana at Georgia State

    Hunter's suit was a complete joke. It looked like threads bought out of a goodwill store. I hate that dude worse than tropical weather season...


  17. #177
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,084

    Default Re: MBB GameOn: Louisiana at Georgia State

    Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    The Cajuns missed several layups, which had been a problem in previous games. We shot poorly from the charity stripe, which had been one of the teams strong points. We could not buy a rebound at times, which was out of character for this team. We shot well below our average from the 3 point line in the 2nd half and in the meantime GS was on fire from beyond the 3 point line. Defense played OK at times but the panthers would just step out and shoot a NBA 3 point shot.

    Bottom line, this is just one game. The big question is how the team will respond to the loss. We are still in first place and still control our destiny. I am disappointed, but I really did not expect that the Cajuns would go undefeated in conference. Now it is time to beat the other GA team.

    As someone who has played in hundreds if not thousands of pickup basketball games over the last 45+ years, I can tell you it is very frustrating when everything your opponent throws up finds it's way into the basket. That seemed to happen to the Cajuns tonight. Example is when they hit a 30 foot three with 2 seconds left on the shot clock. It is just their night when such things occur. When that happens you just congratulate those guys and move on. Key to continued success is not to lose confidence and recognize the extremely hot shooting is likely an anomaly and unlikely to be repeated. Don't let the disappointment linger or you will allow the same time to beat you twice by not moving all your focus to the next opponent. Our guys have handled success well. How they handle a little failure will determine their season. I said that back when the conference season started. All that being said, we have to compete harder on the boards in order to be successful the next time we face the Panthers.

  18. #178
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    19,061

    Default Re: MBB GameOn: Louisiana at Georgia State

    We have the same situation that we knew would present itself....the conference season champs get NIT at least.....the tourney winners go to the show and we now have a chance for the NIT and a chance at the show .....allons Cajans!!!

    Last edited by Boomer; February 8th, 2018 at 10:25 pm. Reason: Not finished

  19. #179
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,057

    Default Re: MBB GameOn: Louisiana at Georgia State

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Easy to be optimistic when you're beating up on a bad conference. Every time we get challenged, we get hammered. Ga St is not that good people.
    Part of me wants to tell you that you are over reacting to one game on the road but the other side of me wants to agree. The main test will come Saturday in how we handle this defeat.

  20. #180
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,057

    Default Re: MBB GameOn: Louisiana at Georgia State

    Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Stroman has been a weak link for a few weeks now.
    Along with Bartley, Stroman was our best player tonight. He had over a dozen assists.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •