_ _ _ _

Thread: Inaugural Diamond Club meeting

Default Inaugural Diamond Club meeting

I was able to make it to the first DC meeting yesterday at the Stadium Club. A few notes:

The stadium club is a great venue for DC once they figure out how many seats to put and figure out the logistics of getting the food ready on time. There were a few hiccups, which can be expected for the first meeting. However, the food was very good.

Robe wanted to start doing a "where are they now" with former players. Yesterday the guest of honor was my cousin-in-law Steven Feehan. I like the idea of getting to hear from former Cajun greats.

Babb went over schedule for this year and over the next couple of years. Texas coming to our place next year. Some other teams we are playing: Rice, Maryland, Virginia Tech. It think we are getting Maryland at home. I can't remember all of it, but our SOS over the next few years will be excellent.

Robe went over what players we will be seeing play and some of the injuries we are dealing with right now. Final decisions on some red-shirts has not been made yet. We will have a lot of freshmen playing this year. Looks like Hayden will be the only freshman everyday starter in the field at least in the beginning. We will see a lot of freshman position players being worked in and weathered. We will have a lot more lefties coming out of the pen this year and we will be working a lot of relief pitchers in to see who steps up between our starters and the bottom of the bullpen with DMO and Caleb Armstrong. Regarding position players, Robe was very thorough so I can't remember everything he said and won't type everything. But my impression of who are our definite starters: Hayden, Kasuls at 2b, Monica behind the plate, and Bourgeois in the outfield. Every other position has multiple options. Even at catcher, we will seen McKinnon work several games behind the plate in place of Monica.

Robe mentioned that our recruiting classes for 2019 and 2020 are excellent. He mentioned that the biggest reason is the stadium, because the recruits aren't just hearing coaches talking about what they plan to build, but actually showing them what we have already built. Great news to see the investment is bringing returns.

The DC turnout was very impressive. Many of you were probably there and can add in what I missed. It was a great feeling actually sitting in the stadium club talking about the upcoming season remembering talking last year about what it would be like having a DC meeting in the new stadium club.

Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Inaugural Diamond Club meeting

We built it and they are showing up.

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Pumped! What days and times are the DC meetings. For years the Hospital life has kept me unavailable for the DC meetings, but depending on dates it is normally held I may finally be able to start coming again!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Pumped! What days and times are the DC meetings. For years the Hospital life has kept me unavailable for the DC meetings, but depending on dates it is normally held I may finally be able to start coming again!
    Typically Tuesday's at 11:30. Next one is Feb 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post

The DC turnout was very impressive. Many of you were probably there and can add in what I missed..
    Or people can pay to go hear what Robe says to his paying members.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

This years schedule as of now with lunch times starting at 11:30 (typically) and coach Robe speaking at noon;

Tuesday February 20th
    Tuesday March 6th
    Tuesday March 20th
    Tuesday April 10th
    Monday April 23rd
    Tuesday May 8th

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    Or people can pay to go hear what Robe says to his paying members.
    Many RP members live outside of Lafayette. I don't think giving a run down of what was said on RP from the DC meeting will keep anyone from joining DC or going to a meeting. If reading a thread on RP keeps someone from going to the actual meeting, then they are missing out bigly.

Is there a link to a signup form somewhere? The only one I was able to find was from 2014.

I just uploaded a membership form. Hopefully it works.

Attached Images Attached Images

You can also donate here:

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/caj.../donate/browse

at the left towards the bottom is a restricted gift area. If you select baseball, then select diamond club you can donate directly.

Many RP members live outside of Lafayette. I don't think giving a run down of what was said on RP from the DC meeting will keep anyone from joining DC or going to a meeting. If reading a thread on RP keeps someone from going to the actual meeting, then they are missing out bigly.
    Very true statements right here.

Robe has mentioned on occasion that there are some things said at the DC meetings that should stay in the DC meetings. General info that is/will be made public I don't think will be an issue.

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Thanks for the info. Some of us just can't get away for 2 hours to attend the meeting but we will continue supporting the program by buying season tickets and becoming members of the DC.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Thanks for the info. Some of us just can't get away for 2 hours to attend the meeting but we will continue supporting the program by buying season tickets and becoming members of the DC.
    Maybe we can get the DC administrator to do a short synopsis of the meeting and email to DC members as "meeting notes" to cover DC members who can't attend but want to keep updated. Even remote folks could then participate for the minimal $50 membership fee. Just spitballing.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Maybe we can get the DC administrator to do a short synopsis of the meeting and email to DC members as "meeting notes" to cover DC members who can't attend but want to keep updated. Even remote folks could then participate for the minimal $50 membership fee. Just spitballing.
    Like that idea! ;-)

I can't make all the Rebounder's and Diamond Club meetings...

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Robe has mentioned on occasion that there are some things said at the DC meetings that should stay in the DC meetings. General info that is/will be made public I don't think will be an issue.

I am sure that the info shared in the initial post are things that the baseball staff does not mind being made public. That is the philosophy I follow when I post Rebounders Club summaries. Note there was one of those this week but I did not attend due to a conflict.

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I do not know if it is ok to post or not, but I think you should ask the coach of the respective club.

i mean, he didnt really reveal anything, and what he said isnt keeping anyone from attending. no one is like, "sweet, i just saved 45.00 and got all the info i was looking for"