_ _ _ _

Thread: SWC

Default SWC

Found this on the CSNBBS website - thread "Interesting Info on Southwest Conference"

Check out the reference to USL in 1994. It wasn't until 1996 that USL beat Texas A&M. Was this a viable opportunity not pursued by our administration? Here is what was posted in the opening post:

I found this cool resource: https://legacy.lib.utexas.edu/taro/ttusw...00023.html

It has a ton of info on the Southwest Conference. Simple searches provided some interesting tidbits:

"Conference Expansion
    East Carolina University General Information, 1993-1994
    University of Southwestern Louisiana General Information, 1994"

"Tulane Proposal to Join the SWC, 1991"

"Conference Expansion, 1990"

"Conference Expansion, 1992"

I knew about the second one when Tulane was narrowly denied admission, but the ECU and USL bit is particularly interesting. They must have been some of the few independents after C-USA was formed. I know the SWC only considered inviting independents.

Default Re: SWC

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Found this on the CSNBBS website - thread "Interesting Info on Southwest Conference"

Check out the reference to USL in 1994. It wasn't until 1996 that USL beat Texas A&M. Was this a viable opportunity not pursued by our administration? Here is what was posted in the opening post:

I found this cool resource: https://legacy.lib.utexas.edu/taro/ttusw...00023.html

It has a ton of info on the Southwest Conference. Simple searches provided some interesting tidbits:

"Conference Expansion
    East Carolina University General Information, 1993-1994
    University of Southwestern Louisiana General Information, 1994"

"Tulane Proposal to Join the SWC, 1991"

"Conference Expansion, 1990"

"Conference Expansion, 1992"

I knew about the second one when Tulane was narrowly denied admission, but the ECU and USL bit is particularly interesting. They must have been some of the few independents after C-USA was formed. I know the SWC only considered inviting independents.
    pursued by our administration.....Do you know who our president was at the time

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I know it was Dr. A. That was tongue-in-cheek. So many opportunities lost.

Blog Entries

Who is this Dr. Atrophy?

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Who is this Dr. Atrophy?
    The Fossilization of America.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    If this is true, that Dr A actually pursued this, I'm assuming that when they said no, they also said here's why.

Now, continuing down this rabbit hole, the formation of CUSA left us out. Then, Dr. A pulled the plug and the rest is history.

If, and this is a very big If, the reason he pulled the plug had to do with what he was told by the SWC, could it be possible that he had to fix certain academic things first, like the endowment, to ever be considered for a conference like the SWC, and when CUSA left us out, he decided to hit the kill switch and start over from scratch?

If true, this would make me rethink my opinion of the man, because, right now, the general idea is that when CUSA left us out, he just threw in the towel, and it had nothing to do with a larger picture.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    If this is true, that Dr A actually pursued this, I'm assuming that when they said no, they also said here's why.

Now, continuing down this rabbit hole, the formation of CUSA left us out. Then, Dr. A pulled the plug and the rest is history.

If, and this is a very big If, the reason he pulled the plug had to do with what he was told by the SWC, could it be possible that he had to fix certain academic things first, like the endowment, to ever be considered for a conference like the SWC, and when CUSA left us out, he decided to hit the kill switch and start over from scratch?

If true, this would make me rethink my opinion of the man, because, right now, the general idea is that when CUSA left us out, he just threw in the towel, and it had nothing to do with a larger picture.
    Great job in the academic, worst possible option for the athletic side. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    The Fossilization of America.
    I remember the dude in this picture having a beard.